General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Another food thief thread

<< < (16/16)

VorFemme:

--- Quote from: TaterTot on October 19, 2013, 12:24:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: VorFemme on October 19, 2013, 12:16:34 PM ---EvilTardis can probably get by with selecting the very spiciest dish she's ever tried and taking it for lunch one day.

If she's pregnant, this might be a great time for a pickle, sardine, and Oreo sandwich.

But no laxatives...although I have heard of a pregnant lady who got prescription strength laxatives for a problem caused by her various dietary supplements & baked the laxatives into brownies, under the advice of her doctor, and was told to take two a day (brownies).  Taking in a tin to work because she needed to eat them with food (one with breakfast & one with lunch so she didn't end up having to add one more trip from bedroom to bathroom in the middle of the night) - the entire contents of the tin vanished after she was observed pulling out her lunch "prescription" brownie.  Someone was in the ER with dehydration due to excessive use of the bathroom the next day...and food theft was not a problem for a long time....

She also put a label on the tin with a warning about what was in them and that it was under the instructions of her doctor, just to be "safe" - per advice from a friend (I have no idea if the friend was a lawyer, worked for one, or worked as a janitor & didn't want to clean up the results of someone unexpectedly eating 6 to 12 times the normal "dose" of that laxative).

--- End quote ---

And the idiot STILL ATE THEM!!?? I have no words.

--- End quote ---

She did that AFTER the idiot ate them - because apparently the idiot hadn't listened when someone else asked for one (thinking that they were treats) and she had explained that they were something her doctor told her to do with prescription laxatives.

Apparently the idiot tried to claim that it was deliberate poisoning that the brownies were placed in a tin with no WARNING that they weren't JUST brownies.  So, for the protection of future idiots (and to avoid possible legal action from said idiots) - a warning label was added to the tin in her desk drawer that no one but her should have been getting into in the first place....

Apparently brownies can be considered an attractive nuisance, under the law.....like a swimming pool in your back yard.

TaterTot:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on October 19, 2013, 12:47:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: VorFemme on October 19, 2013, 12:16:34 PM ---EvilTardis can probably get by with selecting the very spiciest dish she's ever tried and taking it for lunch one day.

If she's pregnant, this might be a great time for a pickle, sardine, and Oreo sandwich.

But no laxatives...although I have heard of a pregnant lady who got prescription strength laxatives for a problem caused by her various dietary supplements & baked the laxatives into brownies, under the advice of her doctor, and was told to take two a day (brownies).  Taking in a tin to work because she needed to eat them with food (one with breakfast & one with lunch so she didn't end up having to add one more trip from bedroom to bathroom in the middle of the night) - the entire contents of the tin vanished after she was observed pulling out her lunch "prescription" brownie.  Someone was in the ER with dehydration due to excessive use of the bathroom the next day...and food theft was not a problem for a long time....

She also put a label on the tin with a warning about what was in them and that it was under the instructions of her doctor, just to be "safe" - per advice from a friend (I have no idea if the friend was a lawyer, worked for one, or worked as a janitor & didn't want to clean up the results of someone unexpectedly eating 6 to 12 times the normal "dose" of that laxative).

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

She did that AFTER the idiot ate them - because apparently the idiot hadn't listened when someone else asked for one (thinking that they were treats) and she had explained that they were something her doctor told her to do with prescription laxatives.

Apparently the idiot tried to claim that it was deliberate poisoning that the brownies were placed in a tin with no WARNING that they weren't JUST brownies.  So, for the protection of future idiots (and to avoid possible legal action from said idiots) - a warning label was added to the tin in her desk drawer that no one but her should have been getting into in the first place....

Apparently brownies can be considered an attractive nuisance, under the law.....like a swimming pool in your back yard.

--- End quote ---

So...the idiot sneaked into this woman's desk drawer to steal the brownies (i.e., food theft) and, after complaining about the unfortunate consequences of his thievery, accused the woman of deliberate poisoning?? WOW! Some people!

FYI, I would call brownies a tasty nuisance. :)   

VorFemme:

--- Quote from: TaterTot on October 19, 2013, 01:23:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: VorFemme on October 19, 2013, 12:47:36 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

So...the idiot sneaked into this woman's desk drawer to steal the brownies (i.e., food theft) and, after complaining about the unfortunate consequences of his thievery, accused the woman of deliberate poisoning?? WOW! Some people!

FYI, I would call brownies a tasty nuisance. :)   

--- End quote ---

Apparently - I can't remember if I read it on Not Always Working or another irksome coworkers thread - or several - I seem to remember having that same issue when I was pregnant, but I never got told to bake anything into brownies - just eat more roughage. Peach fuzz is roughage, right?  So three peaches a day would work?  And be "healthier"....they'd still be tasty nuisances as far as attracting people who wanted one of my peaches, though...if it weren't for the fact that menopause means I am not going to get pregnant again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version