General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Father posting wedding registry information on facebook

<< < (6/6)

shhh its me:

--- Quote from: *inviteseller on October 18, 2013, 08:15:56 AM ---I think any mention of his DD's registry/wedding website on the church FB page is wrong.  He can post whatever he wants on his own page, but putting it out there on the church page is like a boss sending his workers a memo to tell them and it makes people uncomfortable and feeling as if they must buy a gift.  As for a dad posting it..no problem what so ever with that.  I was raised by my father, but had a step mom after I was 12 but my dad answered any and all questions about both my sister and I's weddings if asked.

--- End quote ---

There is one thing that would make it less bothersome , if several/many members of the congregation posted links to their children's wedding ect websites,especially if she(the daughter) is also a member of the congregation. 

Winterlight:

--- Quote from: Betelnut on October 08, 2013, 11:32:41 AM ---It was extremely unprofessional to post it to the church's FB.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Posting it on his own page- well, that's what it's there for. To the church page- no.

peaches:

--- Quote from: WillyNilly on October 08, 2013, 09:23:28 PM ---I think its important to note the guy did not post a direct link to the daughter's registry anywhere. He posted a link to her wedding website, which had links on it to the registry. It also presumably had lots of other wedding info, probably more prominent then the registry links, like photos, info on the couple, info on the wedding, the wedding party the families, maybe the honeymoon, etc.

--- End quote ---

I think you're splitting hairs. The whole purpose of his posting was to give people access to the registry. He said so.

Very inappropriate, and unprofessional IMO.

GlitterIsMyDrug:
I'm wondering if he meant to post on his own FB and accidentally posted on the church's? It happens. I have two business FB pages and thought I had logged into my personal one and posted up a picture of my dogs and my friend's dog and tagged her in the post. Thankfully since I tagged her she sent me a message and said "Glitter, your clients don't care about our cute dogs, move it to your personal page"...whoops. I fixed it. Because yes, my clients don't care. So I'm wondering if he just wasn't paying attention. And since no one has anything...doesn't think it's a big deal?

I am lost on why it matters if it's dad or mom or little sis. Wish the OP would come back and answer that query.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version