Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

Really??

<< < (3/3)

Corvid:
Could he have been "negging" Pick-Up Artist style?

TaterTot:

--- Quote from: Tashigi on October 09, 2013, 01:43:42 PM ---I was co-MOH at a very dear friend's wedding this weekend. At the reception, one of the groomsman had been hovering around me and the other MOH. He wasn't too bad of a conversationalist but he had a rather less than subtle sense of humor.

As the the other MOH and I were discussing our co-MOH toast, he pokes in and says, "I shouldn't say this... I'm going to say it anyways! Who came here to listen to women?" He grins smarmily at the two of us.

The other MOH laughs that brittle surprised laughter of "Did you actually SAY that?!" After I regained some semblance of composure (possibly entailed reeling my eyeballs back into their sockets), I gave him a flatly unamused look, including tightening my lips, and turned my back pointedly to him before addressing my co-MOH on another topic.

Thankfully, he didn't bother either of us again for the rest of the evening.

--- End quote ---

OP, I think you did great, especially since your reaction got rid of the hovering jerk.

EllenS:
What?  That's not just insulting...it isn't even a joke.  Even the Klondike bar thing has a punchline.

OP, you are a model of restraint.

Tashigi:

--- Quote from: EllenS on October 21, 2013, 04:14:21 PM ---What?  That's not just insulting...it isn't even a joke.  Even the Klondike bar thing has a punchline.

OP, you are a model of restraint.

--- End quote ---

Funnily enough, I have a quick temper but at the time, the only thought that came to my mind was, "Ignore him. Don't give him any acknowledgement."

Other (far less polite) options did not come into mind until I later relayed the story to a few other people and at least one person said, "I'm amazed you didn't punch him!"

gingerzing:

--- Quote from: lady_disdain on October 13, 2013, 11:23:12 AM ---"You were right. You shouldn't have said that. Excuse us." Flat tone of voice.

--- End quote ---

This was the fitst thing I thought.  Well more like, "Then why on earth would you say it? Or even interrupt our conversation? " (Especially when he does not want to listen to women anyway).   What a winner ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version