Author Topic: Bemused and Wondering if People Really Think Like This!  (Read 8786 times)

BeagleMommy

Re: Bemused and Wondering if People Really Think Like This!
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »
I predict we're going to see a lot more posts about this couple.

OP, not everyone thinks like this.  If you know someone is nut allergic then you would of course do everything possible to ensure they don't react badly in your home.  But random strangers in the world who might be smelling your peanut butter cookies?  It's just not possible.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »
Might be time for you to develop a "nut" allergy too, and limit contact with this neighbor.
Funny!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

scotcat60

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
There will always be something in this world that people object to. The only way to avoid such things would be to live in a lead lined bunker away from the world.

Today, there was a case in the papers of a woman who complained that she had a fear of clowns, and so a circus was actually made to remove it's advertising poster which showed clowns on it. They were however, sympathetic, and invited her to go along and meet their clowns, to see that there was nothing to be afraid of.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
There will always be something in this world that people object to. The only way to avoid such things would be to live in a lead lined bunker away from the world.

Today, there was a case in the papers of a woman who complained that she had a fear of clowns, and so a circus was actually made to remove it's advertising poster which showed clowns on it. They were however, sympathetic, and invited her to go along and meet their clowns, to see that there was nothing to be afraid of.

Oh good grief!   ::)

TaterTot

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
The two most common elements in the known universe are hydrogen and stupidity...

I see your joke and raise you another one.

The most basic building blocks of matter are protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

I am so stealing this!!! ;D

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
The two most common elements in the known universe are hydrogen and stupidity...

I see your joke and raise you another one.

The most basic building blocks of matter are protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

I am so stealing this!!! ;D

I first heard it at least twenty years ago - possibly longer - so you're welcome - as jokes go, I swiped it in the first place!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

TaterTot

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »
But what about the bees??!! Many people are deathly allergic to bee venom, but these little flying death traps are allowed free reign in our yards, parks, etc.  >:D  At least the OP has the decency to confine the murderous peanut butter to her home!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »
But what about the bees??!! Many people are deathly allergic to bee venom, but these little flying death traps are allowed free reign in our yards, parks, etc.  >:D  At least the OP has the decency to confine the murderous peanut butter to her home!

;D

Which brings up the pooping butterflies. At least the husband is kind enough to contain his toilet to his own back yard. ::)

sunnygirl

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
I would like to scrub my eyeballs from seeing him yank down his shorts and urinate off his back steps too many times to count.

Boy, you learn all kinds of things on eHell. I mean really. Who DOES that? Ewwww.

I have heard of doing something like that to leave a scent trail around a garden or whole yard, as a variation of wolf urine repellant.  I can't remember what animal was supposed to be intiminated by people pee, though.  Most suburban animals are so accustomed to humans, that, like honey badgers, they don't care.
My friend actually does do that to stop foxes getting into his garden, but only at one particular spot at the very bottom of the garden - not randomly!

Iris

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
I would like to scrub my eyeballs from seeing him yank down his shorts and urinate off his back steps too many times to count.

Boy, you learn all kinds of things on eHell. I mean really. Who DOES that? Ewwww.

I have heard of doing something like that to leave a scent trail around a garden or whole yard, as a variation of wolf urine repellant.  I can't remember what animal was supposed to be intiminated by people pee, though.  Most suburban animals are so accustomed to humans, that, like honey badgers, they don't care.
My friend actually does do that to stop foxes getting into his garden, but only at one particular spot at the very bottom of the garden - not randomly!

A friend mentioned on facebook that she thought a fox was getting into their chickens. I suggested that she borrow someone's dog to 'mark' around the yard. Another poster chimed in to say that any large mammal will do and that her MIL used to get her FIL to ...go... in a bottle and then would spray it around to keep the foxes away. Apparently it works, but I'm glad the dog saved us having to do that.

Now I'm wondering if it's male urine only...
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

A friend mentioned on facebook that she thought a fox was getting into their chickens. I suggested that she borrow someone's dog to 'mark' around the yard. Another poster chimed in to say that any large mammal will do and that her MIL used to get her FIL to ...go... in a bottle and then would spray it around to keep the foxes away. Apparently it works, but I'm glad the dog saved us having to do that.

Now I'm wondering if it's male urine only...

Maybe it's just easier for a guy to get it in the bottle.   :-\ ;D

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
This woman reminds me of that e-Hell character of a few years back, the Dresser Queen. Anyone remember her? I miss the posts about her.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2013, 12:45:03 AM »
I brought an almond cake into work once and got yelled at because "people might be allergic".   We were *all* adults, and I'd hope that anyone with a food allergy wouldn't just eat a random food item without determining if it contained potential allergens...