Author Topic: Halloween Costumes: Yours  (Read 10302 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Halloween Costumes: Yours
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I don't think it warrants a whole thread....

I was going to dress the dogs as super heroes, but I also wanted to try to dress them in costumes that would fit in with a trucker theme to go with the trucker costume.  A friend suggested making the big dog a tow truck and the little dog a small car.  Another friend suggested going with an "A-Team" theme and making the big dog the trailer and the little dog the car (I forget the name of the car).  I love both ideas, but I have no clue how to make those kinds of costumes for dogs.  I need help. Another site came up with a great list of suggestions for costumes, but no creative help on how to actually do it.  Anybody have any thoughts?  Here's a picture of the dogs:

The picture is almost a year old and the big dog was still a puppy.  He's about 50 pounds bigger now.  The little dog has lost a little weight and isn't so tubby, but roughly the same size.

I think you're thinking of Knight Rider (the Trans-Am's name is KITT).  The A-Team just had a black w/red stripe GMC full-sized van.

You are right.  I claim brain-dead syndrome this morning.  It's been a long week.

Not a problem... I'm an 80s TV/animation geek.  Pedantry is part of the package.  ;D

Nikko-chan

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »
What about posterboard? you can cut out the shape, and paint them, one for each side, and then connect them at the top using straps, and the straps on the bottom can have velcro... oh I hope i am explaining myself alright!

Knitterly

• That other knitting blog
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »
I am dressing up as Vanellope von Schweetz. 
Mr K says no one will know get it.  I disagree and I'm eager to see if at least one person will get it without being told who I am and what movie I come from.  ;)

I plan on reusing the costume for comic-con next year, too.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
Mr. Thipu is really getting into the Halloween spirit.  This afternoon he dug out a ratty old lab coat and a hard hat.  He's thinking of putting a label on the bump cap that says 'Supervisor.  Hogwart's Express Maintenance of Way' and carrying a clip board.  He's just gone out for a walk and I wouldn't be surprised if he came back with a 'Mad Scientist' wig. 

He also spent a good half hour finding the grapevine wreath we put on the door, the autumn leaf garlands we twine around the railing and the orange lights we drape around the cauldron in which we put our treats. 

There is hope for the man. 

Waterlight

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2013, 03:23:39 PM »
I'm going to be a Wraith from Stargate Atlantis.  Pictures from Emerald City Comicon below so you can get an idea of what the Wraith look like:

I've bought a long dress--in mauve-brown and black--I'll be wearing this time around instead of the Comicon costume.  I've also done a few refinements on the makeup since then, and will be adding a forehead prosthetic for Halloween:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:31:27 PM by Waterlight »
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

mw8242

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »
My friends and I are going as the spice girls - but not the 90s singers. We have tshirt made up with spice labels and will each be a different cooking spice. It's an easy costume w/o the slutty wear that you can buy in the stores.

Hillia

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
Here's an example of a 3D dog costume. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHvYabNF2j4

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »
My kiddo wants to go as Loki from The Avengers.  He has the build, hair and color for it, however, I couldn't find a Loki child's costume anywhere so his brothers are creating it and the helmet is looking pretty awesome!

My DH might go as Thor.  ;))

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »
My kiddo wants to go as Loki from The Avengers.  He has the build, hair and color for it, however, I couldn't find a Loki child's costume anywhere so his brothers are creating it and the helmet is looking pretty awesome!

My DH might go as Thor.  ;))

Pssst... Odin...

mmswm

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
And apparently I'm going to have to come up with yet another costume.  It looks like I'll be going to Fantasy Fest in Key West on Friday, which means I need an "inappropriate" pirate costume.  Oh, boy.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
And apparently I'm going to have to come up with yet another costume.  It looks like I'll be going to Fantasy Fest in Key West on Friday, which means I need an "inappropriate" pirate costume.  Oh, boy.

Three eyepatches.  ;D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
My middle son can't decide on a costume. I suggested we could paint/draw a fish on a white t-shirt, fashion a black belt and put something black on his back and go as sushi.  He wasn't crazy about that idea.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »
On the food theme, when I was in middle school I cut various colored felt into the shape of veggies and pinned them to green sweats.  I was a tossed salad.

A few years ago my uncle wore brown sweats, taped kernels of frozen corn to it and was a piece of poo (though he used the word that starts with tu).
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Xandraea

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2013, 08:44:49 PM »
My dad wore a chef's hat and jacket and an adult diaper with the word "Pampers" written on the back.  He was "The Pampered Chef".    ;D

Petticoats

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2013, 09:56:52 PM »

Three eyepatches.  ;D

Bwahaha! Okay, you just won the thread. ;D