Author Topic: Asking me where your gift is?  (Read 3169 times)

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
Re: Asking me where your gift is?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
You know, I think it was a good exchange. Of course I wasn't there to hear tone of voice, etc., but it sounds like you didn't get heated or insulting, you just stated the facts in response to his question. A lot of people would have given a softer answer ("cutting back this year" or something), which I think is also fine, but I think there's nothing wrong with a direct, factual response as well. And it seemed like he didn't argue or anything, he was just like, "...okay." And now he knows what the problem is, and how he can correct that if he wants to, in general even if he's lost his chance with you. Some people can just be incredibly oblivious about that kind of thing, without really having malicious or scheming thoughts. I think it went well overall.
~Lynn2000

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Asking me where your gift is?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
We sent small gifts to family, and I don't expect anything in return. I did mention to my sister (who lives locally) that if our parents tell her that they are sending funds via wire, I need to know since we had major bank issues in February (had a check stolen from the mail and our account was hacked) and that account no longer exists. I don't expect anything, but I definitely don't want it going to the wrong account if they do something.

But I talk to my parents a few times a week, they are very interested in their only grandchild, DS and that is an entirely different dynamic.