General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Another toilet issue

(1/12) > >>

English1:
Hi

We have a little problem at work. Small office, 14 people, 2 toilets are unisex (one on each floor). Someone hasn't got their toilet manners sorted out. To be frank, someone is doing poos and leaving unpleasant skidmarks. Not only is it not nice to use afterwards, the cleaner isn't happy about this either (and I understand this), especially as she also has another office job with us later in the day so is really part of the team, not just anonymously popping in when no-one else is here (still not nice to do anyway). There is a toilet brush in each toilet (nice and clean to use).

Can't put up a sign as clients also use these loos (another reason for people to clean up after themselves if they make it dirty).

I guess I need to do an email round - but for the life of me I can't think of how to phrase this without offending everyone else who doesn't need to be told basic stuff like this!

MariaE:
We've had such an email sent out once or twice. Usually it's phrased like, "Since we have clients visiting who'll use our restrooms, remember to leave them in a condition they'd want to find them in. There's a toilet brush in each toilet for this purpose."

Phrase it as something that needs to be done to make a good impression on the clients.

English1:
Great idea, thanks  :D

MariaE:
No problem. Hope it works! :)

cicero:

--- Quote from: English1 on October 15, 2013, 04:17:05 AM ---Hi

We have a little problem at work. Small office, 14 people, 2 toilets are unisex (one on each floor). Someone hasn't got their toilet manners sorted out. To be frank, someone is doing poos and leaving unpleasant skidmarks. Not only is it not nice to use afterwards, the cleaner isn't happy about this either (and I understand this), especially as she also has another office job with us later in the day so is really part of the team, not just anonymously popping in when no-one else is here (still not nice to do anyway). There is a toilet brush in each toilet (nice and clean to use).

Can't put up a sign as clients also use these loos (another reason for people to clean up after themselves if they make it dirty).

I guess I need to do an email round - but for the life of me I can't think of how to phrase this without offending everyone else who doesn't need to be told basic stuff like this!

--- End quote ---
Is that the norm where you work - that the staffers are expected to clean the toilets? I can understand wiping the seats if you dribble, but taking a brush and wiping the bowl? I've never heard of doing that ( and I work in a very bare bones non profit).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version