General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Thanks for the "bonus," but no thanks

<< < (2/6) > >>

TootsNYC:
I went to those websites--none of them have BG on their list.

It's sort of funny--I was crabby (like, really really furious and betrayed) over the whole mess in the first place. Then I sort of moved on, and then they gave me the gift card, and that was nice. And now I'm really, really angry all over again. I feel totally invisible. And I feel like they have simply proven that they cannot think things through, that they cannot think about what the people who are "not them" need from them in order to do their jobs. Like, this gift is exactly the same sort of tunnel vision that got me into their mess in the first place.

Their gift has completely backfired. Instead of me feeling appreciated and sort of grateful, I'm really pissed off.

It just doesn't feel the tiniest bit indulgent to go to a store and say, "OK, I can ONLY spend $100, I have to reject almost all of the stuff I'm looking at."

W/ the "gifts under $100"--those aren't the sorts of gifts I ever buy anyway.

I keep thinking maybe I'll just throw it out. That's how pissed off I am.

Or put it on the giveaway shelf here. I suppose I could ask around to see if there's anybody in the company who normally shops there, and then ask them to swap it for cash.

Come to think of it, I wonder if NYState law requires them to redeem the gift card for cash if requested. NYState has some pretty heavy-duty consumer-protection laws...

And there's eBay, I suppose.

bonyk:
What about the makeup counter?

Slartibartfast:
http://www.cardsnagger.com/bergdorf-goodman/ - pays 60% of the face value

https://www.raise.com/sell-bergdorf-goodman-gift-cards - can set your own rate, but they suggest 2-20% off face value.  Looks like you'd get $67 if you sell it at 80% face value.

Yvaine:
I don't think it would be a good idea to try to sell it to anyone at work.

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: bonyk on October 16, 2013, 05:13:21 PM ---What about the makeup counter?

--- End quote ---

I don't wear makeup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version