A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Where have you been this week?

(1/7) > >>

redcat:
This Monday, my mum and I went to the ruined Coity Castle, which I'd never been to even though it's only about 20 miles away.  Some pictures here   http://www.castlewales.com/coity.html.  It was built after the Norman conquest of Britain, as the Norman knights moved into Wales.  The knight in question had the marvellous name of Sir Payn "the demon" De Turberville, though sadly no-one knows now how he got that name!  One tower in particular is quite well preserved, and you can walk up the spiral stairs up two floors and look down on the ruins and the moat.  It was the latrine tower, and there are lots of holes in the floors, covered with grills, that empty into the moat.  It was well worth the trip, and I'm only annoyed with myself that I didn't go earlier.

So, where have you been this week?

cicero:
Awesome!

THis week, I was in Maryland (near DC), then London, then Tel Aviv, then Jerusalem... home sweet home. NOT my typical week, mind you!

kymom3:
I am SO Jealous!  We don't have any ruined castles here in central Kentucky!   ;D  Visiting Wales is on my list, I have ancestors from there.

I haven't been anywhere fun this week, just work and around.  I did go bowling on Monday with DS3, it was for a friend's birthday.

demarco:

--- Quote from: kymom3 on October 18, 2013, 03:09:51 PM ---I am SO Jealous!  We don't have any ruined castles here in central Kentucky! 

--- End quote ---

This is way o/t but what ever happened to the castle in Versailles? (KY, that is.)

jpcher:
Work, home. Work, Walmart, home. Work, gas station, grocery store, liquor store, cleaners, home. Work, home, out to dinner, home. Work, home.

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version