Author Topic: Where have you been this week?  (Read 1806 times)

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
Re: Where have you been this week?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »
Work M-T-W..off work Thursday so I did the house work and shopping. and I work the next 3 days.  I only do one weekend a month on my new job (Love it!!!) and I am glad this weekend is the one as it is going to be cold and rainy all weekend.

perpetua

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 02:08:59 AM »
Mostly at home, but Friday cardiologist, Monday GP's surgery plus saxophone choir rehearsal, Thursday symphonic wind orchestra rehearsal for our formal Autumn concert and a couple of trips to the Tesco at the end of my road. Exciting, eh?

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 07:45:31 AM »
The local botanical gardens, which are beautiful and have a little cafe with the best eggplant and goat cheese sandwich on olive oil/kalamata olive bread.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
We spent Sunday visiting the Norwegian Breakaway for lunch and a tour of the ship.  It was very pleasant. 

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
Spent a lot of time at the local hospital, as Mr. Sirius was admitted on Monday with blood clots in his lungs.  He was discharged on Thursday and is currently doing fine on the meds he was prescribed.

Leafy

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »
I went to the Margaret River Chocolate Factory for lunch with DH (not the one in Margaret River though). We didn't get to have lunch though because we got a phone call to say that DD, who was with her Nanna, wouldn't stop crying, so we had to leave. I did, however, manage to have a handful of their sample chocolate buds. Yum!

cwm

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
Mostly work, home, and BF's. The normal.

Friday I drove out to the other side of town for a test. Passed it. Yay.

Saturday I went to Halloween party and cemetery treasure hunt. Yay, fun, asthma attack, back to the car, calm down, back to the party, drink and fun.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »

Playa Del Secreto in the Mayan Riviera ... doesn't that sound so much fancier than near  Cancun? :) Specifically here: http://www.valentinmaya.com/location.htm Then home. A lot of home.  :)
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Library Dragon

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »
Friday-Sunday I went to Wizard Comic Con in Nashville.
Highlights:

Friday--Meeting Stan Lee.  DS1 and I went to the small meet and greet of about 20 people and Mr. Lee. He was charming and funny.  Ivy Doom Kitty was there and DS1 was quite pleased to have a photo taken with her. 

Saturday--I've mention meeting the very cool Sean Patrick Flanery, DS1 also met David del Rocco, we had a friend get Norman Reedus' autograph so DS1 has the triple play on his Boondick Saints photo.

I attended an excellent and very vibrant panel discussion called "Heroine Addicts" about female characters in fiction.  Sherrilyn Kennyon was amazing, spot on in her analyisis and scholarship.

Sunday--Shopping, picking up some moving art work by Billy Tucci. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

greencat

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »
Work, work, work, work, work.  The mall (out-of-season swimsuit shopping isn't the most pleasant experience in the world!) The beach!  It's still beach season here even if the people who work in less tropical climes and choose the clothes sold in stores don't realize it.  Work again.

dawnfire

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 03:16:32 AM »
this week
Mon- appointment with the OB.  I'm 35 weeks pregnant. signed the paperwork for my c section which will be on the 11th Nov.
Tue - 4th ultrasound , just monitoring the baby's size. It's currently 3kg or about 6pd 11oz. that's 11oz growth in the 2 weeks since the last ultrasound.
Wed - into town to do some shopping. Celebrate my eldest's 18th birthday
Thur-nothing really
Fri - try to get down to the dept of housing to drop in some paperwork
Weekend - nothing really

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:03:10 PM by dawnfire »

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »
Let's see, Saturday my oldest son and I attended confirmation classes at our church in the morning, then I brought him home and  drove around for a bit, ended up buying some more cross stitching supplies. 

Then I came home and we got ready and went to a chili cook-off that was held by a woman who attends our church. It was fun, even when we got a torrential downpour for about 10 minutes.  Thanks to some gasoline, they were able to get a fire going despite some wet wood, and there was also a nice hayride for the kids. :)

Sunday morning we went to church and stayed home for the rest of the day. Last night my oldest had choir and they had a Halloween party with everyone wearing costumes.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »
Monday i went to Wellington

wednesday. I went to Hawkes bay

Today friday I went to Christchurch.

Goodness I have so much washing to do tomorrow (saturday)

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
I went to Washington - but the Old Hall was closed for a wedding! So we went to Sunderland Museum instead...
NE England

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
Not much but it was interesting.

President Obama is coming to Brooklyn today and his helicopter will be landing in Prospect Park.  We took a stroll over to see how much of the park would be closed and watch the preparations.