Author Topic: My good deed - may I brag on myself ?  (Read 700 times)

POF

My good deed - may I brag on myself ?
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »
I was driving out the back roads to work this AM when I saw an eldery women with a cane walking half in the road and half on the side.

I stopped and asked her if she needed a ride and she told me she was recovering from a stroke, went for a walk and got kind of lost. 

So I offered to drive her home, and she did know where she lived ( thankfully ).  She was very grateful ( and heck people drive fast on that stretch of road - I won't ride my bike there ) .

When I dropped her off she asked if my mother was living and I said yes. And she told me how lucky my Mother was and what a good Mother she must be to have raised me.

I was running really late for work, then I had to go back for my badge.  I think I was meant to be her helper today.

EMuir

Re: My good deed - may I brag on myself ?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
Aww, that is so sweet.

MOM21SON

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
That is so kind of you!  I love the meant to be stories!

gmatoy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
This is the type of story that reminds me of what humans are meant to be! I've never forgotten the sermon where we children were told that we should try to be God's hands and feet. (He also gave us a look and told us that we should also remember who we were to talk like! ...There had been some mean talk and almost cussing among some of us.)

Kaypeep

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
My mom had a stroke and sounds like this woman.  Thank you for giving her a hand!

Last week I saw an old woman who was trying to catch the bus, but was too far away and it left without her.  She looked like a healthcare aid, wearing scrubs and what not.  I pulled over and offered her a ride to catch the bus further up the line.  She got in and I drove her past the bus to the following stop, so she was able to get on there.  I used to take that bus and know that it runs very infrequently.  I made her night, but really, the opportunity to help her made mine!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
Thank you all for helping someone.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:05:58 AM »
That was very kind of you.
"After all this time?"
"Always."