News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 06, 2016, 09:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pokemon Go craze  (Read 24566 times)

suzieQ

Re: Pokemon Go craze
« Reply #450 on: December 02, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »
DD caught a ditto tonight, diguised as a pidgey. I'm so jealous!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #451 on: December 02, 2016, 08:06:03 PM »
I caught 2 Dittoes the other night. One disguised as a rattata, and one as a pidgey.

esteban

« Reply #452 on: December 02, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »
Caught a snorlax with my 11 year old DD tonight.  saw it on the sightings and went and got it. She was super de duper happy.
The artist formerly known as deadbody

diesel_darlin

« Reply #453 on: December 02, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »
When I caught my Snorlax, I was at a gas station. I started jumping up and down, and people couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  ;D

Nikko-chan

« Reply #454 on: December 02, 2016, 08:22:07 PM »
Thanks. 

Art, swiping was just what I needed.  I poked all over that page last night (That's why it's called a pokestop, isn't it?)  and I understand about being slightly sarcastic as I come from a family where snark is an art form.  George, it is.   ;)

Rootabega. that first website was helful.  I've bookmarked it for later review.

Mollie, there probably is a FB page, but I'm not on facebook.  Heck, this is my first smartphone; I'm just barely peeking into the 21st century.   :D

I went out at lunch today, and caught several vermin types (rats, sparrows, pidgeons) a flappy bat thing, a pink powerpuff (Jigglypuff?) and a rat on steroids.  However a nearby pocket park is occupied by a hostile cluch of juvenile delinquent eggs and the equally hostile ghost of a black hole.  I threw a few pokeballs at them, but suspect they require someone with quite a few more levels.

LEt's see... in order those would probably be Rattata, Spearow (or Fearow depending) Pidgey (i am guessing. The bat thing is most likely (based on what i have been catching) a Zubat, and the rat on steroids (it has big teeth right?) is probably a Raticate... I like this game... can you do this regularly so we can try and guess what pokemon you are talking about? This is awesome!

magicdomino

« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
Nikko-chan, I'm glad you like the descriptions, because I have trouble remembering the names.  Except for Rattata, but that sounds like a fritata made out of rats, so I'd rather lump them in with the pigeons and  sparrows as vermin.   ;)

Today was entertaining.  My buddy, Flappy Bat, and I went to a small park with several pokestops and caught three not-my-little-ponies, a star thing, and a blueberry with leaves growing out of its head.  I was looking for water critters since the park has a nice pond with a pokestop, but nothing appeared at all.  Later walked down to the swimming pool pokestop and found a blueberry with a beaver tail, along with the usual vermin.  The vermin will come in handy, won't they?

No razzberries yet.  I have fair amount of potions, which I don't plan on using since I'm not going to be fighting my critters.  Any way I can dump them on the Professor for cash?

Probably won't be much next week.  The weather is turning colder, there's rain in the forecast, and while this is fun, my yard still needs to be put to bed for the winter.

Rockie

« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2016, 12:51:46 AM »
Nikko-chan, I'm glad you like the descriptions, because I have trouble remembering the names.  Except for Rattata, but that sounds like a fritata made out of rats, so I'd rather lump them in with the pigeons and  sparrows as vermin.   ;)

Today was entertaining.  My buddy, Flappy Bat, and I went to a small park with several pokestops and caught three not-my-little-ponies, a star thing, and a blueberry with leaves growing out of its head.  I was looking for water critters since the park has a nice pond with a pokestop, but nothing appeared at all.  Later walked down to the swimming pool pokestop and found a blueberry with a beaver tail, along with the usual vermin.  The vermin will come in handy, won't they?

No razzberries yet.  I have fair amount of potions, which I don't plan on using since I'm not going to be fighting my critters.  Any way I can dump them on the Professor for cash?

Probably won't be much next week.  The weather is turning colder, there's rain in the forecast, and while this is fun, my yard still needs to be put to bed for the winter.

Those sound like Ponyta, Staryu, Oddish, and...the closest I can think of for the last one is Poliwhirl. Nikko-chan is right, this is fun. ;D

I just tend to throw out items I don't need (and when I need to make space). I don't think there's a way to sell them for anything, sadly.

shortstuff

« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2016, 03:17:49 PM »
I haven't been able to launch the app in about 4 days.  It keeps wanting me to log in with either my Google or Trainer accounts.  I don't remember making an account when I downloaded the game, just making a username.  I used to get that log in screen, and I used to be able to close the game and relaunch already logged in. 

Anybody else with this problem?  Google has nothing so far

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2016, 04:56:25 PM »
I always skip that screen and go to the Google login if it is giving me trouble.

I've played every day.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

magicdomino

« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »
Bug-eyed Purple Puff.   :D  And vermin.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
Ooooo can I guess? Blueberry with feathers-Oddish

Purple puff-Venonat

Blueberry with tail-Polywag

Nikko-chan

« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2016, 08:53:40 PM »

Those sound like Ponyta, Staryu, Oddish, and...the closest I can think of for the last one is Poliwhirl. Nikko-chan is right, this is fun. ;D

I just tend to throw out items I don't need (and when I need to make space). I don't think there's a way to sell them for anything, sadly.

Or possibly poliwag :) Staryu could also be Starmie....

Kaymyth

« Reply #462 on: Yesterday at 12:02:26 AM »
I haven't been able to launch the app in about 4 days.  It keeps wanting me to log in with either my Google or Trainer accounts.  I don't remember making an account when I downloaded the game, just making a username.  I used to get that log in screen, and I used to be able to close the game and relaunch already logged in. 

Anybody else with this problem?  Google has nothing so far

I often have that problem if I try to log in through my home wifi.  I don't know why it is, but as soon as I turn the wifi off on my phone and switch over to data the login works.