News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 22, 2017, 12:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 222299 times)

RevMaxx

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #1065 on: April 05, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »
Dear Ti, The Chi-man,

You were always so ornery and the most affection-needy little dog, having to be looped on my left arm at least eight hours a day.  Tho The Marquessa is on my right arm, it's only been 2 days and its an empty feeling.  It sucks we had to put you down, my Sweet, softest "cheesy-smile" Boy.
What sign was I born under you ask? Under the sign, "No Parking".

Gladly

« Reply #1066 on: April 06, 2017, 02:57:01 AM »
{{{{Hugs}}}}  :'(

RevMaxx

« Reply #1067 on: April 09, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »
Thank you, Gladly.
What sign was I born under you ask? Under the sign, "No Parking".

MissRose

« Reply #1068 on: April 10, 2017, 07:16:29 AM »
Dear Coco,

Do dogs have springs in their hind legs?  Apparently you must have them built in LOL unless you are using a trampoline to jump over the other dogs when I come into the house.

Love,

Auntie Rose aka the bringer of dog treats

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #1069 on: April 10, 2017, 05:17:42 PM »
Dear Toots, Clooney, Ned, Lilley, and Dot:

I get it that it's your nature to round up sheep-- you're all border collies. However, three of you are incredibly naughty and caused me no end of grief this morning while on your morning run through the neighbour's place.

Dot: you're a young, adorable puppy, but chasing sheep and not coming back when I toot the horn on the quad bike, is not okay.

Cloon: you should know a bit better than your sister. Good job bringing the sheep to me, but you should've come when I called you.

Toody: you're impossible. I love you, and I know you're desperate to work, but please, learn to come when we call your name.

Love,

Your other human who gives you running time when the main human isn't here.

Captains Flat, Australia

MissRose

« Reply #1070 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:45 AM »
Dear Kita,

You were such a good girl on Sunday when your human parents brought you over to see your human grandparents & aunt.  I had no idea you liked carrots, and yes I know you are a big time beggar.  I'll let it slide as you are a senior citizen in dog years. Next time your human mom leaves food in the car that she intends to bring in & share with your fellow canine companions in the house, do not consume it the moment she gets out of the car for a few minutes. 

Love,

Auntie Rose aka a provider of treats & occasional table scrap

Gladly

« Reply #1071 on: May 17, 2017, 05:25:27 AM »
Dear Socks and Robin,

Socks - Nutmeg has gone to stay with Auntie Pat for a couple of weeks because she is having her first season and is too "interesting" at the moment.  No amount of searching through the house and garden will find her.  She is not here.  Not eating won't bring her back any sooner either.  Finally, telling me that you absolutely have to go out at 3 am will not mean that she has magically appeared in the garden, and your failure to do anything other than search every inch of the place does not make me more likely to believe you the next night.  Knock it off!

Robin - you are being a very good boy.  You knew she wasn't "ready", so didn't make any fuss.  I could swear you are twirling your moustaches and humming "Thank Heaven for Little Girls".  It won't work.  You are not having her.  She's your grand daughter for Pete's sake!

The sleep deprived one

gingerzing

« Reply #1072 on: May 17, 2017, 11:41:24 AM »
Darn it Sadie-dog!!
Chocolate is bad for dogs.  And even if it wasn't, eating DH's chocolate peanut butter cupcake was really UNCOOL.  Eating the cupcake and the paper liner?  Mama is not impressed.

To be fair, part of the blame lies on DH for leaving it out in the living room on the tv tray where you can reach.

But still. 

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #1073 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:06 AM »
Oy, Dotty you naughty puppy.

I get it. You're a highly-bred working Border Collie who really wants to work sheep all.the.time. I completely get it.

What I don't like is when, after all my efforts today to *avoid* fishing you out of the sheep, you still went ahead and had to be picked up, put on the quad bike, and then let go when we were far enough off from the sheep in their paddock for me to feel I could trust you to let you down.

You were great until we reached that gate, and then you were naughty. It's a good thing you're so stinking cute.

Love,

The slightly amused, half-annoyed human that looks after you and lets you snuggle with her.

Captains Flat, Australia

GreenHall

« Reply #1074 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:17 AM »
My grandmother's Sheltie would herd her grandchildren.... it was adorable!

AliciaLynette

• fanfiction.net: OrnateDragon
« Reply #1075 on: May 18, 2017, 01:20:26 PM »
Our Patterdale terrier would herd us, when we were walking as a group.  He'd run ahead a bit, then circle round behind us to make us hurry up before dashing off ahead again!
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #1076 on: May 18, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »
My friend's border collie would try to herd the Shetland Sheepdogs. And the cat. Nobody appreciated it.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

andi

« Reply #1077 on: May 18, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »
Jack and Bailey,

It's just snow. Jack, I know how much you hate it it'll be gone in a day or two.

Bailey, I know how much you love it. But rolling around in it and getting soaking wet doesn't do any good for the hardwood floors.

Let's do our business and come back in