News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 04, 2016, 02:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 220603 times)

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #1140 on: April 28, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »
I dump kitty litter on a daily basis, and I learned a long time ago that certain brands of trash can liners will split and leave me with a huge mess.  So, I use the expensive ones for kitty litter and the cheap ones for when I shred paper

Gladly

« Reply #1141 on: Yesterday at 05:18:16 AM »
The third lesson of the story is not to ask DH to pick up bin liners when he's passing the supermarket without explaining in detail why, despite his addiction to bargains, the cheap ones are not a good idea!

magicdomino

« Reply #1142 on: Yesterday at 09:33:13 AM »
I dump kitty litter on a daily basis, and I learned a long time ago that certain brands of trash can liners will split and leave me with a huge mess.  So, I use the expensive ones for kitty litter and the cheap ones for when I shred paper

I save large, sturdy bags like the ones for potting soil, fertilizer and, yes, cat food.  They work great for cat litter.  Mulch bags have holes, but they are still useful for outside trash.

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #1143 on: Today at 12:51:29 PM »
The third lesson of the story is not to ask DH to pick up bin liners when he's passing the supermarket without explaining in detail why, despite his addiction to bargains, the cheap ones are not a good idea!

I have never had a bin liner fall apart on my way to the dumpster, but that *is* a great fear of mine, so nowadays I invest in the good liners.   Thank you all for making me realize that I'm not crazy after all!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1144 on: Today at 01:00:24 PM »
Someone told me how much money they save on garbage bags by getting them from the dollar store. Then complained about them ripping.

I buy the store brand tall kitchen bags and construction bags. Litter goes in the construction bags, which are heavier plastic.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

mumma to KMC

« Reply #1145 on: Today at 01:08:31 PM »
Someone told me how much money they save on garbage bags by getting them from the dollar store. Then complained about them ripping.

I buy the store brand tall kitchen bags and construction bags. Litter goes in the construction bags, which are heavier plastic.

Speaking of people who buy cheap things than complain, I have family who does that all the time. They (can but) won't spring for the extra money for a new-er car (with a warranty) so end up buying used and dropping more money into it on repairs than they would have if they had just spent the extra $3000. Then they complain about it.

Mustard

« Reply #1146 on: Today at 02:17:35 PM »
My mum used to save plastic carrier bags to use as bin liners.  My dad threw them away because he said she was wasting them  :o  :o  :o