News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 24, 2016, 09:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Attention all e-book readers/buyers  (Read 1540 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
Re: Attention all e-book readers/buyers
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »
$235 in credit - I think I must read a lot!  8)  I'd forgotten about this lawsuit completely, so it was a nice surprise today!

I think I have like 5 or 6 ticket things from ticketmaster, and an equivalent number of "2.25 discount codes".  Not sure if those will ever get used.  The amazon credit definitely will be used though!

VorFemme

• I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »
I just checked my Amazon account - I bought my first book in 2013.  Darn, no settlement credit/check for me.

Oh, well - I already have quite a few books that I got free (mostly out of copyright from Project Gutenberg but also some Baen Free Library books) that I haven't gotten around to reading all of them yet.

Too many other things to do - laundry, house cleaning, shopping, sewing, not much knitting lately (wrists), and a wide assortment of other activities...including running to the library for "real" books that I have to turn around and return later - not all the books that I want to read have a digital version!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

siamesecat2965

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 07:27:50 AM »
Weird. I don't have anything and I've had a kindle since 2012 and have bought a ton of books. :(

It may depend on when in 2012 you got your Kindle; the credits were for books bought between 2010 and I think May 2012; so anything after that won't qualify. :(

twoferrets

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
siamesecat2965, I think I love you. I must have deleted my notice email without, well, noticing. I had no idea this was happening and it turns out I have $34.17 to play with!

lovestoread

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:10 AM »
Ahhh, i'm in the UK so I don't think this would apply to me unfortunately!  I imagine i'd have quite a bit of a windfall otherwise lol.

My first real blog!!  (all comments appreciate

KimberlyM

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 10:15:16 AM »
Barnes and Noble emailed me last night to expect it in a couple days.  Oddly I already got one settlement from them several years ago, must have been a different lawsuit.  I got about $40 that time.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 10:19:18 AM »
So I have 8 weeks off from classes to read 14 books in two series that interrelate.

I am slightly annoyed that instead of two new books in the later series, there is only one, the second one is released in January 2017.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

siamesecat2965

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »
siamesecat2965, I think I love you. I must have deleted my notice email without, well, noticing. I had no idea this was happening and it turns out I have $34.17 to play with!

Great! Glad it worked out for you! I almost deleted my email, but figured since Amazon really doesn't spam me all that often, it might be something important. and it was!

siamesecat2965

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »
Barnes and Noble emailed me last night to expect it in a couple days.  Oddly I already got one settlement from them several years ago, must have been a different lawsuit.  I got about $40 that time.

Yup, there was a separate one, if I recall, where Amazon, B&N etc. settled. Apple decided to hold out and not settle, but when the Supreme Ct. declined to hear their case, well, they had no choice. And i think Apple's settlement was bigger. I think that's what happened.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »
Yeah, I got the notification from Apple and B&N.  I don't remember seeing how much I was due though.  Did I miss it.

I have a feeling it's going to be over $200...I buy a lot of books. 
Maryland

Luci

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
I placed an order with Amazon for another item and at checkout was told I had a credit. I couldn't figure out what is was for, but I took it. Then I read my emails and a notice was there. No work or thought on my part.

GreenHall

« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 07:05:38 AM »
Apple notified me of 'a credit' but not how much.  Amazon is doing great public relations with how user friendly they are making this.

sandisadie

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 04:18:33 PM »
Today I got my credit at Barnes & Noble, for 198.00.  They sent me an email.  I have the amount in my gift card account on the website. Yipee!!

lorelai

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 07:39:52 PM »
Yep I got my credit. Combined that with deals from bookbub (I think I found that site from an e-hell user, or maybe a FB user) and it's only been 5 days but I already have 10 free books downloaded! Everyone check out bookbub, it's great for heavy e-book users. They point out all the free or heavily discounted books on e-book platforms daily. I've scored so much. And the 1 or 2 dollar books on sale have been free because of my Apple credit.

KimberlyM

« Reply #29 on: Today at 10:20:39 AM »
$66.70!  Woot!