News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 26, 2016, 12:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thrift Score!  (Read 171527 times)

singingserpent

• I like pie.
Re: Thrift Score!
« Reply #1110 on: May 23, 2016, 08:46:58 AM »
A like new pair of Lululemon crop tights for 5.99. They are almost $90 new. My daughter was so excited when I brought them home for her.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1111 on: May 23, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
Not a thrift score, but sale and coupons. I know a lot of people have posted about ordering online from Kohls, but I've only ever had one issue, which was fairly easily resolved. While going through my closet, i realized I needed some more solid tank tops, and decided the ones I've gotten in the past from Kohls I like better than some of my others. they are bit fuller coverage and cotton/modal, so a bit softer. Wash well, and last.

that being said, they were on sale for 6.99, and I had 30% off. Add free shipping into the mix, i got 7 of them for $34, so 4.85 each.

And while not a thrift score, i needed to look for a coat for an upcoming trip, and found one onlkine. didn't get around to ordering it over the weekend, and now its 30% off!

That's all I do. I don't frequent our thrift stores, because they never have anything in my size or that fits my style. I get good deals at retail stores or online.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

tinkytinky

« Reply #1112 on: May 23, 2016, 09:18:52 AM »
Not a thrift store, but I got my son's winter coat for next winter for $1.99 brand new (regular price was $94.99). Also got a for my 2 daughters a t-shirt and sweatshirt (each) with their college names for $9.99 (sweatshirt) and $9.59 (t-shirt). The college stuff is expensive, so they don't have much in college apparel, so they were thrilled. (normal price for the sweatshirts was $49.99 and $52.99).

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1113 on: May 23, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
^Where? We always need more jackets.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

tinkytinky

« Reply #1114 on: May 23, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »
sorry, this one was at Kmart! It was a great snowboarding jacket just about 1/2 a size too big (perfect for this winter).

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #1115 on: May 23, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »
I just scooped up a pair of Craftsman Co. handmade copper bud vases for $2 each.  According to the internet, they have to have been made between 1929 and 1959 and are ebaying for about $15-20 each. (Selling finds on ebay is how I make my Christmas and mad money.)

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1117 on: Yesterday at 09:18:48 AM »
Four brand new mini bread pans for $2.25 total.  That price includes the discount of the day.

I bought some loaf pans a few years back; at the dollar store. I had been looking for some foil ones, as I wanted to bake bread for Christmas gifts for my co-workers. Found these, and figured they would work too. Well, despite being cheap, they are the best loaf pans I have ever used. Nothing fancy at all, but they work well, and clean easily. I also have two very heavy, Le Cruseut stoneware loaf pans which I never use anymore. I think they are going to go in the "try and sell online" pile.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #1118 on: Yesterday at 10:07:27 PM »
5 pair of shorts, 2 tank tops and a t-shirt for $21 with tax at the children's consignment shop.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas