Author Topic: Tea Drinkers Help-Decaf  (Read 492 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Tea Drinkers Help-Decaf
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 06:08:52 PM »
Red Rose orange pekoe decaffinated is pretty good.  I don't know if it is available in the US, though, since all the commercials used to say, with an upper crust British accented person, 'Only in Canada, you say.  Pity.'   ;D

I remember those commercials growing up!  Are they still on?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:43 PM »
Red Rose orange pekoe decaffinated is pretty good.  I don't know if it is available in the US, though, since all the commercials used to say, with an upper crust British accented person, 'Only in Canada, you say.  Pity.'   ;D

I haven't seen one in quite a while, so I don't think so.  I just remember one of them with an actress who was supposed to be the Queen.

One thing to watch for with decafinated teas - read how they did the decafination.  I used to drink one until I read up on it and saw that it was decafinated with methylene chloride!  Umm...  No thanks to that!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 11:06:45 PM »
Maybe try Harney & Sons? (harney.com) They have got all sorts of teas, I don't recall offhand if there's a decaf black but it's worth a look. They also tell you how strong each tea is in terms of both aroma and flavor, which I find very handy.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 01:10:12 AM »

I haven't seen one in quite a while, so I don't think so.  I just remember one of them with an actress who was supposed to be the Queen.

One thing to watch for with decafinated teas - read how they did the decafination.  I used to drink one until I read up on it and saw that it was decafinated with methylene chloride!  Umm...  No thanks to that!

Exactly.  Decaffeination is NOT a natural process.  The savings in caffeine can be adding unneeded chemicals to your body. 

magician5

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:59:29 PM »
Bewley's? An Irish shop or a tea shop would probably have it.

http://bewleys.com/
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.