Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 40437 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
I'm almost 40% done with my very first novel!

It's not NaNoWriMo, and I've been working very, very slowly (my goal is 350 words a day, 5 days a week for a year). No idea if it's any good. But I keep going, and that's making me really glad.

That is in no way a "silly" thing. That's huge and extremely commendable. Well done!

cwm

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
Was a little bummed when I saw the waterfowl reports for the place boyfriend and I were going to on Sunday. Way way down, we missed most of the migration. But BF had a great time, and I got to see (kind of gross, whited out) a bald eagle eating his lunch in the tree, complete with little feathers falling down. Also, a bald eagle was in a tree right off the side of the road. Another one, just out of juvenile plumage, came in to land in the next tree over, and the first one chittered at him. It's such a rare sound to hear, and it was perfect. We followed the road around, and the barely-mature bald eagle kept flying to the next tree up, right along the road. I didn't get any good photos (he was a bit too far out), but it was an amazing experience.

And though the waterfowl had mostly passed along on their migration, I still got BF interested in going back next year, earlier in the season. He wants to see the migration in full swing. I mean, yes, there were still 53,000 waterfowl there, but at the peak, there's nearly 235,000. And that doesn't count the shorebirds or the eagles.

I left my camera at my apartment, so I won't be able to look at the pictures until Tuesday when I get the memory card to my laptop, but I'm sure I got at least a few good shots.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
I just remembered a story about my great-grandparents! It always makes me happy to think about them and remember the times I got to spend with them. :)

Tosca

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2013, 04:56:33 PM »
I don't have a smart phone, so I couldn't access the excellent audio tours to the Art Gallery which are only available through a downloaded app.

I just discovered the app also works on iPods...which I DO have.

daen

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »
My dryer works again!

When we got back home after being away for a year, the dryer would shut down after ten minutes. It would restart immediately if you pressed the button again, but that meant running over to the dryer every ten minutes. Add in the extra time for restarting, warming up (or not building up enough heat over time), and time lost with me forgetting to check the dryer... it took all day to get three loads done and dried.

Last week my husband gave it a once over and took care of a few issues. Today, the dryer runs until the load inside is dry. Today, I got two loads of laundry dried before noon. Bliss.

cwm

« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
I just remembered a story about my great-grandparents! It always makes me happy to think about them and remember the times I got to spend with them. :)

Glitter, I know how you feel. I was blessed to have my great grandparents into my 20s, and my great grandpa got to hold my niece, his great-great granddaughter. That was the proudest I've ever seen him, when we went over for five generations in one photo shoot. I learned a lot from them, and some stories I'll never forget.

audhs

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2013, 02:09:25 AM »
I was moping my kitchen floor yesterday and my one year old was following me around like a little puppy. Her hands kept slipping out from under her, as she crawled on the wet floor, until all of a sudden she slips and flips right over on her back, the look on her face was priceless. I ended up sitting on the floor laughing until I could hardly breath.  ;D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »
Went into Target yesterday morning to get some coffee and cocoa and in the checkout lane there was a sweet older woman who among other things, was buying three $3 puppets for her grandkids and as she was behind me in line, she was entertaining the babe with the cute little pig puppet.   She seemed to really enjoy getting giggles and grins out of him, too.

And as he'd been sleepy and thus verging a bit fussy, I was grateful to her for keeping him happy and entertained as I checked out. 

Just as I was putting away my wallet and starting to pull away from the register, this lady asks the cashier to ring up the piggy puppet first and she hands it to piratebabe, telling me he could keep it.  I thought that was so sweet of her and thanked her profusely.  :) I sure didn't expect her to do it but it made the little guy's day and it kept him happy and entertained for the one more errand I had to run. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2013, 02:20:14 AM »

There is a loan I have been working on that has just been a nightmare. If there was any little extra documentation or information that might be needed this loan needed it. Today I got the last of the info for my bit and got the loan out of my pipeline. I literally walked over to my friend's desk and did a dance of joy.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Editeer

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
It just turned cold. The brisk weather and cold air make me feel so alive.

emwithme

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »
I walked to my doctors this morning (and back again) - a distance of about half a mile all told - without any joints playing up or having to stop for a sit down (apart from the sit down in the surgery).

That's the first time I've done that in a Very Long Time. 

mumma to KMC

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »
My dryer works again!

When we got back home after being away for a year, the dryer would shut down after ten minutes. It would restart immediately if you pressed the button again, but that meant running over to the dryer every ten minutes. Add in the extra time for restarting, warming up (or not building up enough heat over time), and time lost with me forgetting to check the dryer... it took all day to get three loads done and dried.

Last week my husband gave it a once over and took care of a few issues. Today, the dryer runs until the load inside is dry. Today, I got two loads of laundry dried before noon. Bliss.

I know the feeling! I fixed my washer, it was a simple fix, emptying the filter. (I didn't know it had one until Sunday and I've had it for a long time.) My husband was planning on doing it when he got home, but I couldn't handle the laundry piling up, so I decided to try to do it myself, and I did it.

I was so happy that I gladly did 4 loads of laundry that afternoon!

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
Christmas lights make me happy.  Both of my kids were born in the holiday season, so I have very fond memories of holding a sleeping baby in the dark with just Christmas lights to see by.  They light me up inside as well as outside :)

mumma to KMC

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »
Christmas lights make me happy.  Both of my kids were born in the holiday season, so I have very fond memories of holding a sleeping baby in the dark with just Christmas lights to see by.  They light me up inside as well as outside :)

Yes! I remember sitting on the couch nursing baby #3 (born in early December), in the middle of the night and looking at the tree, it was wonderful.

carol1412

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2013, 04:45:16 PM »
The sun is low enough in the sky now that around 3pm it strikes the prisms in my sewing room window, sending multiple rainbows all over the walls, ceiling and into the hallway. Makes me enormously happy to see all the colors. :)