Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 48108 times)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2014, 09:29:57 PM »
I have a friend who subscribes to the same farm delivery system. Today we discovered that she really prefers the fruit and often can't finish the vegetables while I have the exact opposite problem. We decided from today on that I get half her veggies and she takes half my fruit. I'm super excited about not wasting perfectly good fruit and not having to spend money on extra veggies.

Bandu

« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »
My car's battery died today while I was at lunch, yet I'm happy. I took it back to the place I bought it from, on a tip from the young man who gave me a jump, who thought the battery might still be under warranty. The three-year warranty would've expired in five days, and they tested the battery and declared it legally dead. They gave me a new battery for free! Made my day!

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2014, 10:09:07 PM »
My car's battery died today while I was at lunch, yet I'm happy. I took it back to the place I bought it from, on a tip from the young man who gave me a jump, who thought the battery might still be under warranty. The three-year warranty would've expired in five days, and they tested the battery and declared it legally dead. They gave me a new battery for free! Made my day!

Oh, nice timing! ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »

Oh, nice timing! ;D

Nice timing indeed!  I usually have things break five days after the warranty expires!

turtleIScream

« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2014, 10:43:15 PM »
The dog decided to snuggle me tonight! He usually sleeps with my daughter, but he refused to follow her to bed, and is comfortably ensconced next to me. It's extra nice since my husband is on a business trip the next two nights.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

English1

« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »
Not a silly thing but something that was so much appreciated.

I had the day from hell at work yesterday. I was extremely stressed and needed to unload big time. OH listened, sympathised, then I decided to have a nice bath to try and relax. while I was in the bath he started getting dinner ready. After a little while, he came into bathroom with a bottle of wine and a glass, and a bunch of flowers. He'd quietly sneaked over to the local shop to get something to cheer me up.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »
Not a silly thing but something that was so much appreciated.

I had the day from hell at work yesterday. I was extremely stressed and needed to unload big time. OH listened, sympathised, then I decided to have a nice bath to try and relax. while I was in the bath he started getting dinner ready. After a little while, he came into bathroom with a bottle of wine and a glass, and a bunch of flowers. He'd quietly sneaked over to the local shop to get something to cheer me up.

Awww, English, that's so sweet! Your OH is a keeper. It feels so good to be listened to, doesn't it?
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
I won the first quarter of  the work Super Bowl pool!

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »
The other day I used the digital camera to take a really sweet video of DH dancing with DD, but forgot to put the SD card in.  Usually that's no big deal--I can just use the cord to upload directly from the camera to the computer.  This time, however, it was gone.  There were no images or videos on the camera when I plugged the cord in.  I was so disappointed!  This morning, though, I went to move a few new pictures onto the camera and found the video!  It apparently wasn't gone, just hiding.  :D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2014, 01:22:08 AM »
The kiddos were being terrible at the store today. There weren't enough checkers, so we had to use one of those self-scan registers. Baby was climbing out of the shopping cart and the older 2 were running around. I was furious and embarrassed because I don't tolerate that kind of behavior when we're out and about. But I was also totally drained and exhausted. I finally got the 2 older kids to be still by instituting a "statue contest" and ended up handing Baby my wallet to destroy. It's not a good idea, but it kept him still and quiet long enough for me to scan everything. To top it all off, the machine kept messing up. I had the attendant over 5 times.

As I was getting ready to pay, a woman approached us. I thought she was going to tell me off for my kids' bad behavior, but instead she gave them a big smile. She complimented them on their statue poses, and remarked on what good helpers they must be for Mommy to take them all to the store. Then she asked me if it was ok for them to have stickers, and handed me 3 to distribute.

In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2014, 03:43:04 AM »
I was standing in line to buy lunch and there was a guy a few spots ahead of me in a very gothy outfit--head-to-toe black, spike-studded leather jacket, elaborate knee-high black boots, two-tone hair in a gravity-defying style. Way different from my personal style, but a look I find really interesting and beautiful on other people. So I was standing there quietly admiring his outfit out of the corner of my eye when he glanced my way, looked at my bright, cartoony solar system T-shirt and suddenly flashed me a smile, a thumbs-up, and a "Nice shirt." I was unbelievably tickled by that.

peach2play

« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
My mom called me to ask me my favorite flavor of cake.  You see, my boyfriend called her and asked her if she knew so he could make it for me as a surprise for my birthday.  Now, my mom can't keep a secret like that to save her soul, but I am super happy that my awesome boyfriend (who also makes super yummy cakes) will be "surprising" me with a cake.  I will, of course, act super surprised and thankful.  His cakes are amazing.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »
The kiddos were being terrible at the store today. There weren't enough checkers, so we had to use one of those self-scan registers. Baby was climbing out of the shopping cart and the older 2 were running around. I was furious and embarrassed because I don't tolerate that kind of behavior when we're out and about. But I was also totally drained and exhausted. I finally got the 2 older kids to be still by instituting a "statue contest" and ended up handing Baby my wallet to destroy. It's not a good idea, but it kept him still and quiet long enough for me to scan everything. To top it all off, the machine kept messing up. I had the attendant over 5 times.

As I was getting ready to pay, a woman approached us. I thought she was going to tell me off for my kids' bad behavior, but instead she gave them a big smile. She complimented them on their statue poses, and remarked on what good helpers they must be for Mommy to take them all to the store. Then she asked me if it was ok for them to have stickers, and handed me 3 to distribute.

Twiggy, can I just say, I think a 'statue contest' is a brilliant idea?

I'm not even close to being a mom of a kid the right age for it, but I think my nieces would love it. I'm going to save that idea for the next time they want to go outside when it's terrible out. :)
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Vall

« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
Last weekend DH bought a puzzle and we're planning to put it together this weekend.  I am so tickled!  It was my favorite brand and I haven't put together one of their puzzles in almost 25 years.  The box has been sitting on our dining room table for decoration this week.  On our dry erase board is a countdown to Puzzle Weekend.  I just can't wait!

turtleIScream

« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »
My sister and I were at JC Penney, and I saw a comforter set I loved.  It was $200, and I really didn't need a new one, so I passed on buying it. But, I couldn't stop thinking about it, so when I got home, I looked it up online, and found it for $104. I showed it to my husband, who didn't like it at all. So, I kept looking (because now that I found something I loved, I hated my depressing beige bedding). I found a set on Amazon that I loved, loved, loved, and my husband liked it too. It was only $80, and it was delivered this week. It makes me so happy to go to bed or wake up and see it!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh