Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 32469 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
Heehee...was his name Gus? :)

My little happy thing is really more of a proud mama moment.  My Littlest pirate is about 2.5 and I've been working on manners with him, but haven't yet gotten to the "holding doors for people" lesson yet because many doors are either two heavy or the handles are still too high for him to reach.

This being doors in public, not really our home doors.  But one day we were leaving the house together and he opened the front door, stood beside it and waved me through it first, saying "Afoo you!" (after you) then closed it behind us.  I'm guessing he'd seen DH do that enough that he'd caught on. :)

Aaaahhhh! How sweet! I'm impressed that your DH is holding doors often enough for the little guy to copy!

I told DH and he said "At least one of them is doing it!" :)  I do point out now and then to the older two when they've forgotten their manners that they shouldn't let their 2.5 year old brother show them up when it comes to manners. And while in some ways he is very "2", he does seem to remember his manners most of the time. :) 

This morning I was buttering my own bits of soda bread (need to make a fresh loaf today) he came up to me and said "cuse me?" and held out his own piece for buttering then said "Hank oo" when I was done and handed it back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:38:02 AM by Piratelvr1121 »
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

123sandy

« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2014, 08:36:09 AM »
We got a new mattress pad. It's much more plush than the price suggested, the bed feels fabulous...

spookycatlady

« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
I got head bonked by one of my kittens last night.  I've had them for a week now.

None of my cats my history of catladyship has ever head bonked me.

I almost cried with happiness.   ;D ;D ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:26 PM »
I was able to spend time with my son today. It means a lot to me.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
I was able to spend time with my son today. It means a lot to me.

^^This made me happy.  ;D

(I always love spending time with my mom)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
He's 15, and will be 16 in May. He has only two weekends open between now and when he goes to work summer camp that are with us. I treasure all the time we have.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2014, 04:24:24 PM »
I remember being so busy at that age with school or work or friends and being so annoyed my mom would insist on us hanging out together. Then we'd hang out together and I'd have the best time. Now those are some of my happiest memories. Apparently she knew what she was doing.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »
My MIL told me she was so pleased when, after DH graduated from high school, she expected he'd want to go off with his friends but instead he came right to her and gave her such a big hug right in front of his classmates, and it was such an enthusiastic embrace that he nearly lifted her off her feet! :)

One thing that made me happy recently was when my 13 year old son came to me for a hug and said "You give the BEST hugs in the world. I love your hugs!" :):):)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2014, 01:49:44 PM »
My living room is coming together.

My new husband and I just moved to an apartment that is larger than the sum of our separate apartments. Furniture is sparse but cardboard boxes are everywhere. Thanks to a focused effort, we managed to clear out the living room (ok, don't look at the dining room side of the same room), place the pieces of furniture we have in the places we want them and set up the piano. Yes, there are empty spots, such as the lack of a sofa, but it is actually looking like a living room, not a warehouse. The bedroom is also clear of boxes, which is something I insisted on from day one. The place is starting to look liveable!

Now, we need to furnish his office and set up my studio. Then get the shelves up in the spare room (aka, the library) and we are set!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2014, 03:06:04 PM »
3yo DD is officially in love with fabrics! Yesterday we went to the fabric store and she had this look of pure awe as she slowly walked toward a shelf. She grabbed a pretty purple batik and held it out to me saying "Mommy, this is gor-geous" in a reverent whisper. It was adorable! And today she's helping me make her gorgeous dress :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2014, 11:31:12 PM »
I found a place to play Commander Keen: Marooned on Mars as an online flash game!  ;D I loved playing Commander Keen growing up.

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #251 on: April 07, 2014, 02:50:49 AM »

I went to a convention and met an actor I've admired for the past 20 years.

It means nothing to anyone else, and everything to me.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
I've recently taken to making Irish soda bread for events at church where food is expected and have gotten many, many compliments about it.

Not only that but the youth minister has asked me to teach the teenagers how to make it. :)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
I posted a picture if me from HS on FB for throw back Thursday and a cute guy I went to school with liked it. Hehe

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
I also managed to successfully negotiate my FIOS contract renewal with Verizon. My two year deal at the "intro" price is up and they proposed a $30+ a month increase. As I pointed out to them, they would be getting that much more a month from me, but I'm getting nothing in return. Several times. I was polite but firm, and managed to get another 2 years locked in, for a slight increase only. Pretty proud of myself since I am not good at this type of thing at all.