Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 47914 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »
Getting a LOT of compliments on a family photo we had taken! :)  It is a very good picture of the 5 of us, the photographer did a wonderful job! :)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2014, 08:13:47 PM »
Getting a LOT of compliments on a family photo we had taken! :)  It is a very good picture of the 5 of us, the photographer did a wonderful job! :)

Please let him or her know.  There is no music more beautiful to a photographer's ears than to hear that you've gotten a lot of compliments on a picture they've taken. 

It's second only to the beauty of the music it is to your own ears because no matter who took the picture, it's YOUR family.   ;D

knitwicca

« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »
When I left my ex, I took the guestroom bed and left him the expensive comfy bed.
The bed I took was extra firm for our friends with back problems.
I spent nearly 5 years sleeping on my sofa more often than in bed.

Last weekend I finally splurged on the bed I really wanted.
The sales lady told me the delivery would be in 2 weeks. The bed arrived 3 days later.
I love my new bed!

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »
I took down my old creaky towel bar and put up a new one. I'm not entirely sure why that made me so happy, but it did. :)
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »
I currently have my ipod plugged into my car stereo. The ipod is set to run through the song titles alphabetically.
This give rise to some interesting combinations. It's common for me to get a play list something like this as I drive:

Stan Rogers (folk)
Northern Pikes (rock-pop)
Genesis (rock)
Rich Mullins (Christian)
Great Big Sea (folk)
Barenaked Ladies (rock-pop)
Tanglefoot (Canadian folk)

Yesterday, Mr. Dragon and I were on a road trip and the ipod was playing.

There was an odd period where three songs from Stan Rogers played, then a Tanglefoot, then a couple more Stan Rogers.

It gave rise to an amusing thought and I turned toward Mr. Dragon to say it, just as he said the thought for me "Isn't it funny how so many of Stan Roger's songs start with the letter F?"

We laughed, because it was exactly what I had just been about to say!  ;D

Then a few minutes later, we drove by an artisan cheese store that I've always wanted to visit, but never got around to seeing.
We are moving this year and I was thinking I really wanted to make sure I visited before we went.
Mr. Dragon suddenly said "I want to make sure to visit [Artisan Cheese Store] before we move."  :)

We laughed even more. It made me smile to realize that even after 25 years and a looming empty nest, we are still so much in sync!

finecabernet

« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
It has been such a cold winter that a warm day when I can wear sandals or ballet flats is a wonderful thing!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
When we left for a cruise on the 10th, it was cold, really really cold. 

When we returned home on the 19th, everything had just gone POP. Trees were in bloom, the forsythia bushes were ripely golden and jonquils, daffodils or grape hyacinths were all over the place. 

It's spring.  It's beautiful.  Who wouldn't be happy on a day like this?   

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »
A great Easter service with friends and family.

I had the idea to make mini cheesecakes with gluten free crust. I came up with the crust along the same ratio I use for a graham cracker crust. I used floral print foil liners, baked the crust in them, and it looked very strange, so I left it in the oven with it off. I mixed up the cheesecake filling, poured it in, baked them and chopped strawberries for the topping. The crust is very similar to a toile cookie in flavor.

heartmug

« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:31 PM »
Getting tickets for our first baseball game of the season. 
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »
I caught Baby sitting on the toilet today! I haven't even thought of starting potty training yet (he's 21 months) but I guess he's barged in on other family members often enough to get the general idea. :) I can't wait to be done with diapers!!!!!
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »
When my DH randomly stops on his way out the door to do something, looks at me and says, "You're cute, you know that?".  :)  I told him he was deluded, but thank you for the compliment.  Then he comes over, and softly tells me, "I love you so much".  :-*  Totally out of the blue.  It made me all warm and gooey and happy inside!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »
Getting my first pedi of the season and finding a new nail place! My old one just closed out of the blue, and a new one opened very close to home. It was quiet, clean, and I got the best pedi I've had in a while. My CW will be happy too since she went to the old place as well and we wondered about this one. I can now tell her I liked it.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2014, 06:15:02 PM »
I found a jar of Biscoff spread in the pantry today that I had bought for my DD to take back to school and she forgot it. Yeah! I was dying for something sweet and salty. Biscoff and Saltines, a perfect afternoon snack.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
Days when I see the scale's gone up a pound or two, or I could swear there's a bit more around the waist but DH grabs me and gives me a big kiss and calls me sexy. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »
Seeing my co - workers and other people all dressed up before they went off to prom (practically all the high schools are having their prom tonight).

Having my District Manager compliment me on all my hard work.

The sunshine today, especially after the hard rain yesterday.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter