Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 45732 times)

mlmama

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2014, 04:52:54 AM »
My SO rememebering to put gas back in my truck after he runs around all morning in it. He's forgotten the past 2 Saturdays, but remembered yesterday. Yep. Happy.  :)

ammyd

« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
Preordering the new Dragon Age and finding out that since I picked the ultimate edition I get a unicorn to ride. I don't think it's a pretty one but I don't care. My character will ride a unicorn.

nayberry

« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
finding a whole bunch of silly animal shaming/my toddler is crying because... pics on pinterest  (http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »
Planting my first raised bed garden! :) It has oregano, two varieties of tomatoes (beefsteak and patio), lavender, parsley, garlic, rhubarb, and chives. :) I think there's something I'm missing...but anyway, my husband made the bed for me yesterday.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »
I got me seeds started indoors yesterday - no where near ready to plant outside yet, except maybe for turnips and beets, once I get the garden turned.  Maybe next weekend.

So I started 3 kinds of basil (Genovese, red, Thai), parsley, lavender, savoury, 2 kinds of zucchini, butternut squash, pie pumpkins and yellow stuffer tomatoes.  These guys are cool - almost like they are a cross with a pepper.  Shaped like a pepper with all the seeds in a cluster in the middle but the seeds have a 'slime' layer like tomatoes and the flesh is definitely tomato flesh.  They are great for stuffed tomatoes, since they're already hollow, great dry flesh for sauce and bruschetta, too.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

missanpan

« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
My sister sent me this:

http://i.imgur.com/L3uCOf2.jpg

turtleIScream

« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
I can see the color of my tulips; won't be long now until they are fully open. I love spring!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

magicdomino

« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:27 PM »
I got my electricity bill on Thursday. Yes, I know, not normally something to get excited or happy about, but I am.

Why, you ask?  Well, a year ago I put in a solar system.  Because I have dogs I was on a self-read scheme, where the power authority only had to read the meter once a year.  Going part solar with feed-in tariffs meant no more self-read.  Despite my best efforts of keeping the dogs in the house on reading days, the dingdangity meter readers always managed to dodge reading the meters because they'd come a day early, or 'didn't know the dogs were locked up' or some other excuse.  So I'd get an 'estimate' bill, based on the quarter when I'd installed the solar system.

Last estimate bill, I rang up the power authority and complained.  They wanted me to leave the dogs visibly tied up in the yard with the gate open.  No way, they're small dogs, we have several large aggressive dogs that roam the neighbourhood, and no way am I leaving my dogs tied up and vulnerable in the yard.  I had to get fairly forceful with them, but eventually spoke to an eminently sensible gentleman who realised what I said was true, and we agreed that the dogs would be in the house, and the gate open, for the 3-day reading window.  And that he would let the meter reader know that if the gate was open, the dogs were contained, whether he could see them or not.

Finally, the meter readers came and read the meter.  And Thursday the bill arrived.  I'm actually in credit (over $300!) so nothing to pay, and I should be right for the next quarter as well!!!

It's autumn here, and time to plant bulbs.  A few weeks ago I set up my old potbelly stove on the deck as a planter, and put in freesias, crocus and tulips.  The freesias are already sprouting.  I'm hoping everything else comes up in spring!

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2014, 11:48:27 PM »
A harmlessly friendly wierdo.  ;D

I was walking home from running an errand. It's a nice evening for walking, and I had just gotten some good news, so I was in a good mood and had a smile on my face. As I approached an intersection, the man already standing there waiting for the light turned, saw me approaching, gave me a big, friendly smile (which I returned), and said "Are you a Virgo?"
Me: *amused but a bit wary* "Pardon?"
Him: "Are you a Scorpio?"
Me: "...um...yeah?"
Him: "So you like oceans. And privacy."
Me: *chuckling, thinking "Well, he's not wrong;)*
Him: "And you don't like people knowing your business."
Me: *laughing* "No, not really."
Him: "I study astrology. That's how I know the signs."
Me: *speeding up to my normal pace to avoid getting sucked into a longer conversation.* "Have a nice evening!"
Him: "I'm Aaron! Have a nice evening!"

I have to give the guy kudos--that whole interaction could easily have gone badly and come across as creepy, but it didn't. Instead, he responded to my cues of how much I was willing to engage, and I walked away smiling with my day made a little bit brighter by some harmless wierdness.  :)

gmatoy

« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2014, 09:42:28 PM »
My cousin and I have a cousin day almost every month. We missed last month because of schedules. We spent today together and I had such a good time. Shopping, more shopping, lunch and grocery shopping! Followed by a cup of tea at my house before I finally let her leave! ;) She is closer to me than my sisters!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Meeting friends for shopping, shopping and a food truck dinner to celebrate DH's birthday. :)

peach2play

« Reply #297 on: May 05, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
My boyfriend ordered Minion balloons (Jerry and Dave) on Amazon as a welcome home to our new house surprise!  He snuck them in and they were waiting for me when I came in the door for the first time as the new owner!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #298 on: May 05, 2014, 01:18:29 PM »
Aw cool! I love the minions! :)

Yesterday DH and I were watching Seaquest:DSV and I asked when that show aired and he was saying 1993.  I found myself thinking "Man...that was 21  years ago. That makes me feel old." He said "Stop it. You're too pretty to be old".  I was jokingly asking how he'd feel when I'm 70 years old and wrinkled and he said "Still beautiful."

I found a good'un. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

kymom3

« Reply #299 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »
I found out last week that I got randomly picked to get 2 tickets to the Antique Roadshow taping this summer in Charleston, WV!!  I'm so excited, now I have to figure out what I'm going to take there.  I can bring another person, so I'm going to take my good friend and we can drive up the night before and stay in Charleston! This is the closest location to me that they are filming this summer.