Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 41935 times)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2014, 11:49:10 PM »
I'd be glad to! Building is actually fun! :)
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
I got four new mice in one day.

One of them was both blue and satin.

I got 3 of them in one store where I had never gotten pet mice before. Two were the exact kind I was looking for. And I was not going to leave the third one behind all alone by herself.

So four new petite princesses in one day!
I have pet mice!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2014, 08:07:39 AM »

I got 3 of them in one store where I had never gotten pet mice before. Two were the exact kind I was looking for. And I was not going to leave the third one behind all alone by herself.

Do these princesses have names?

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2014, 10:38:16 AM »

Do these princesses have names?

White matte- Elsa
Blue white-banded satin- Willow
Fawn and white satin- Sakura
Black, brown, and white satin- Indira
I have pet mice!

Moonie

« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »
Mailboxes!!!  I live in a mobile home community in a very small town. We have never had home mail delivery, but everyone had post office boxes. Something happened at the post office (building stability problems), and they shut it down. Now we have community mailboxes in our neighborhood instead of having to go to the post office to collect the mail. Bonus plus....now my grandsons are more apt to collect the mail for me as they only have to walk a block or two.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2014, 12:09:08 PM »
Mailboxes!!!  I live in a mobile home community in a very small town. We have never had home mail delivery, but everyone had post office boxes. Something happened at the post office (building stability problems), and they shut it down. Now we have community mailboxes in our neighborhood instead of having to go to the post office to collect the mail. Bonus plus....now my grandsons are more apt to collect the mail for me as they only have to walk a block or two.

That is a little funny, because something that makes me happy is the thought of through-the-door-delivery in our new house. 
I have always had a mailbox, so those are old hat.  But, when I traveled for work I desperately wished I could have had through-the-hole-in-the-door delivery since I was away just enough to completely and totally fill my mailbox.  We are moving to a small town that still does this, if you want it.  I don't travel now, but getting long desired feature makes me happy. 

missanpan

« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2014, 04:04:26 PM »

That is a little funny, because something that makes me happy is the thought of through-the-door-delivery in our new house. 
I have always had a mailbox, so those are old hat.  But, when I traveled for work I desperately wished I could have had through-the-hole-in-the-door delivery since I was away just enough to completely and totally fill my mailbox.  We are moving to a small town that still does this, if you want it.  I don't travel now, but getting long desired feature makes me happy.

Haha! Reading this reminded me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av2u8OO8Dpw

which cracks me up!  Granted it's helpful that the mailman thought it was funny. It could cause problems for the homeowner.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
Read about this on another message board*:

- Dude is getting bored in his current relationship and wants an "open relationship" because "physically [his] desires were completely elsewhere." (his words)

- Girlfriend reluctantly agrees

- Dude signs up to some kind of online casual hookup site

- Girlfriend signs up on same site

- Dude can't a date to save his life

- Girlfriend has dates lined up out the door

- Cue Dude whining about how other guys could not possibly want to date HIS girlfriend because she's just not that attractive, meanwhile he's such a super-stud so why aren't the ladies jumping his bones and it's all so unffaaaaiiiiirrrr and HOW DARE Girlfriend not sit there and wait by the phone until he decides she's worthy enough for a booty call and blah blah blah blah......

Careful what you wish for, sweety, because you just might get it.  >:D

* Some are calling this a hoax. Is it wrong that I really hope it isn't?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »
No, not wrong at all.

I needed a letter from my bank with the account information in order to set up direct deposit. I really did not want to have to call or go in and was able to find all the instructions to make the form on the online banking page. It was so easy! You can choose which account, then what type of direct deposit, when it should begin, and it updates with your name and banking information. You print it out, attach it and send it to the payer. I love it when technology works for us.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »
I picked up a 12-pack of beer and a huge bottle of wine - along with other stuff :-) - for a little get-together at my house yesterday.  The young (male, maybe 20's) cashier said completely straight-faced, "I'm sorry, Miss - we don't sell alcohol to teenagers."

I'm 53.  Yes, I know he wasn't serious.  It still made me laugh and I smiled all the way out to my car at how funny it was. 

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2014, 04:26:59 PM »
...Careful what you wish for, sweety, because you just might get it.  >:D

Why would that be a hoax?  There must be a huge disparity in the number of men vs. the number of women on those sites.  Or maybe they think a man wouldn't be that stupid?  Where is that rolling on the floor laughing smily?

An Ex-bf of mine is now known as Mistake.  He had always implied that he was superior to me.  Not in a "I am a man" way, but in "I am such a better person" way.  He had been smart enough to back-pedal when confronted, but then one day he didn't and I dumped him.  We had to talk on the phone several times after that about getting his stuff out of my house.  I mentioned that I was dating several guys (one of them DH) and that he would probably die never dating another person.  He agreed it was quite possible.  He didn't have an answer when I pointed that it proved he should have been the one grateful. 

HGolightly

« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »
I have a 4 month old who belly laughs any time I take his clothes off. It is delightful and hilarious that this is the funniest thing in the world to a baby. Plus naked babies are awesome (esp as he is a chubby one).

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »
After watching the latest trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy featuring the songs "Spirit in the Sky" and "Hooked on a Feeling," I registered with Pandora and have been listening to music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. This is the music I grew up listening to in my mom's car, and I'd forgotten how much I love it.  ;D It's kind of my "comfort music," and I'm starting to realize that I don't have nearly enough of it in my mp3 collection!

Part of the problem was that I never paid much attention to the artists when I was listening on the radio as a kid, so I had no idea whose music I liked from that era. Now I'm starting to see some patterns--for instance, I apparently really like Creedance Clearwater Revival, even though I only associated that name with a couple of songs.

Thanks, Star-Lord!  ;)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
I have some music like that.  I call it trailer music.  We had a trailer on a resort where we went to for weekends and vacations in the summer.  Dad had a reel-to-reel with their favorite music and it played all the time.  That was the happiest part of my childhood, so it is very comforting.  Lots of Dylan, Elvis, Neil Diamond, etc. 

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
Read about this on another message board*:

- Dude is getting bored in his current relationship and wants an "open relationship" because "physically [his] desires were completely elsewhere." (his words)

- Girlfriend reluctantly agrees

- Dude signs up to some kind of online casual hookup site

- Girlfriend signs up on same site

- Dude can't a date to save his life

- Girlfriend has dates lined up out the door

- Cue Dude whining about how other guys could not possibly want to date HIS girlfriend because she's just not that attractive, meanwhile he's such a super-stud so why aren't the ladies jumping his bones and it's all so unffaaaaiiiiirrrr and HOW DARE Girlfriend not sit there and wait by the phone until he decides she's worthy enough for a booty call and blah blah blah blah......

Careful what you wish for, sweety, because you just might get it.  >:D

Oh, I read that. I think what really sent me rolling on the floor was how he felt she should be asking him about his dates, and commiserating with him about his lack of success. I mean, shouldn't his girlfriend be supportive of him when he's not happy?  :'(

It may well be a hoax, but if it is, it was well played.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."