News:

• April 19, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534452 times)

Chez Miriam

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #3255 on: December 04, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »
What I came here to post was: I came face-to-face with three long-tailed 'birds'* as I was reloading the bird feeder.  Less than 18" away, and they didn't startle; I had to gently shoo them away until I'd finished! ;D  I think my heart was racing faster than theirs. ;)

*Aegithalus cordatus, as their name won't get past the filters!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

cicero

« Reply #3256 on: December 04, 2017, 07:41:59 AM »
What I came here to post was: I came face-to-face with three long-tailed 'birds'* as I was reloading the bird feeder.  Less than 18" away, and they didn't startle; I had to gently shoo them away until I'd finished! ;D  I think my heart was racing faster than theirs. ;)
Wow! What a beautiful start to your day. Where I am, I can't see more than a few feet in front of me - fog is extremely dense.
*Aegithalus cordatus, as their name won't get past the filters!

That^^=priceless 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

andi

« Reply #3257 on: December 04, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »
Hubby fixed the washing macine!  Clean clothes and no repair bill!!

pattycake

« Reply #3258 on: December 04, 2017, 11:23:53 PM »
visited my cousins on Sunday. They bought a place in the country and are collecting animals. I just found out the roosters are called Earl and Rocky, the white hen is Lucy, and all the other hens are called Penny because they all look alike! They're some coppery coloured breed.

There is also the "legally blind" dog Roofis (whose name I was going to post in the baby names thread for the yewneek spelling!) - he was born with a congenital defect and has very poor vision but does well at home. The new Pyrenees puppy is Ekisha, which they say is Japanese and means something like see-er, because she is to be Roofis' companion as their previous dog Okame had been. It wasn't until Okame was gone that they realized how much he depended on her, and so in spite of her very recent loss, they got this sweet bundle of fluff. Roofis is only three, so he's still very willing to play, they were hilarious together.

Then there's Kenny, the cat, whose name for the life of me I could not remember. He hopped into my car, and every door I opened to try to get to him, he went further back until he was on the shelf in the back window. We then reversed the process when I opened the hatchback and he went to the front of the car, leaving dirty paw prints all over! then in the house, he latched onto my foot. I finally remembered I had tea tree oil on my toenails - apparently he liked it very much.

turtleIScream

« Reply #3259 on: December 05, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »
My daughter (HS senior) found herself having to choose a last-minute elective this semester due to not enough students registered for her first choice. She chose Yearbook. I was on yearbook staff all through high school and college (serving as EIC my final two years), so I was quite pleased with this intersection of our lives, since she tends to take after her father in most other things. I've tried, and succeeded for the most part I think, to let her do this her way instead of telling her what to do, how to approach her assignments, etc. Tonight, she came to me, and asked for my help editing her pages, because she values my input and expertise. (squeal! music to this momma's ears)
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

vintagegal

« Reply #3260 on: December 08, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
CRUD MONKEYS! I never knew it was possible for an old lady to be so happy!! I had bought a seriously cool curved front, 4 drawer, drop front desk, with 4 ball/claw feet, really neat curved drawers inside the desk top as well as a little compartment behind a door. $40. Needs a little TLC but nothing major. I want to use it as a dresser in my bedroom. I have not had one til now.

I asked the store guy how much he though it weighed with out the drawers. He hefted one end and said 30 pounds. Two guys put it in the back of my van. When I got it home I hefted one end and though CRUD MONKEYS! I am screwed.

Well today the two guys who have been doing chimney work showed up and they carried it all the way upstairs for me!! They didn't want to take any money but I gave them a little something for coffee. I have been giving it the walnut treatment on the scratches and it looks so nice!

spookycatlady

« Reply #3261 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »
I parallel parked perfectly this morning... right behind a parking bylaw enforcement officer.

vintagegal

« Reply #3262 on: December 12, 2017, 07:03:52 AM »
Finally got in touch with a CS rep at (large prepaid cell phone company) who could see that I was missing minutes/texts/data and added them to my account. Now if I can only get back the hours I spent fighting with them about it.

andi

« Reply #3263 on: December 12, 2017, 08:04:13 PM »
Found gifts for my impossible to shop for MIL and GMIL

laughtermed

« Reply #3264 on: December 13, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
A few weeks ago my adult DS who lives with us asked my DH for our family's Christmas list so he could get gifts for us. He was the first to ask us! I am proud of how he is becoming a kind considerate person as he matures.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3265 on: December 14, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
A friend that came to my party was in awe of my plants, particularly the succulents. It was so amusing to me, since they have been very carefree once in a correctly sized pot with the right soil and watered every week or two.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3266 on: December 14, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »
Suddenly and unexpectedly finding an old friend again!

Frog24

« Reply #3267 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:20 AM »
Teasing a friend that her new Lexus doesn't have side mirror defoggers while my 1998 Acura does.  My other friend also teased that her minivan has them... so how could a Lexus not have them?  :D  We all had a good laugh.

BigBadBetty

« Reply #3268 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
Teasing a friend that her new Lexus doesn't have side mirror defoggers while my 1998 Acura does.  My other friend also teased that her minivan has them... so how could a Lexus not have them?  :D  We all had a good laugh.
Lexus has been cutting corners. We have a 14-year-old Lexus. We were thinking of replacing it with a 2-year-old Lexus. During the test drive, I couldn't find the button to turn on the heated seats. The salesman told me that this trim didn't have heated seats. I was just dumbfounded. It was a standard feature on the 14-year-old model. It had several missing features that were standard on our old Lexus. We decided to stick with the 14-year-old car.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #3269 on: December 15, 2017, 09:03:06 AM »
Lexus has been cutting corners. We have a 14-year-old Lexus. We were thinking of replacing it with a 2-year-old Lexus. During the test drive, I couldn't find the button to turn on the heated seats. The salesman told me that this trim didn't have heated seats. I was just dumbfounded. It was a standard feature on the 14-year-old model. It had several missing features that were standard on our old Lexus. We decided to stick with the 14-year-old car.
Wow...  Not that I usually buy the luxury brand, anyway, but I sure won't be bothering to look at Lexus any time soon.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario