Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 40494 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
Lunch with friends.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2014, 03:42:45 AM »
Not silly, but definitely happy and kind of poignant... I just listened to Procol Harum on you tube singing their original Whiter Shade of Pale and then listened to them do it again at their older age...that's the poignant part..., so young!  Where does time go...I also listening to Joe Cocker do it.  Both were fabulous.  They made me very happy. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2014, 04:52:19 PM »
Getting a free lunch and tour of the Oceania Marina today.  Yes, we had to sit through an hour-long 'presentation'.  Yes, we were strongly urged to book a future cruise today but it wasn't at all bad. 

Wine, rum punch and other drinks were provided for the presentation.  The first half-hour of this consisted of dance music and Broadway standards played by the ship's orchestra.  The second half-hour consisted of short film clips touting the value of the line. We expected this and the clips were well done. 

The ship went all out for lunch.  The menu included caviar, lobster bisque with lots of lobster, veal Wellington and floating island as well as as much wine as you wanted. 

Our lunch companions were lovely people and we had a wonderful time.

We also received a very nice tote bag filled with brochures. That was perhaps the best part because I was considering buying a new tote bag.   

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:55:59 PM by Thipu1 »

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2014, 08:17:15 PM »
The plumber comes tomorrow to start fixing my bathroom. :)
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

dawnfire

« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
my hot water system got fixed now the pump doesn't keep blowing the fuse on half the house all the time.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2014, 12:09:57 AM »
Not "silly", but DH got his job offer (he is working already, but they had to re-offer jobs due to a reorganization), and thus we made an offer on the condo and it was accepted :).

"Silly"?- My son was in his 8th grade band concert tonight.  I think it was absolutely the first time I'd ever seen him in  a dress shirt and necktie.  How did my preemie baby shoot up to 5'9?

ETA-no idea when this happened, but I was promoted to "Super Hero"  ;D.  I try.

dawnfire

« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2014, 04:09:08 AM »
the look of sheer delight on my 6 month old's face when he managed to get his first rusk into his mouth.

Watching my 3 year old bounce his younger bother on the jolly jumper.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
I was also promoted to super hero. May be passing 5000 posts that did it.

My DS will be 16 on Monday.

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2014, 12:40:14 AM »
I just downloaded the Kindle app to my smartphone - now every book in my e-library is available on the phone!!!! ;D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »
Yes, watch your storage space as it may exceed the level that your phone can handle. I just had to clear a bunch of stuff.

We spent a whole day together as a family Saturday and it was one of those perfect or nearly perfect days. At the movie theater, there was a table with all sorts of comic and sci fi memorabilia. All proceeds went to charity. I bought Storm Trooper cuff links for DH (early Fathers day gift), DS bought himself Green Lantern cuff links and I got a Boba Fett sticker for my truck.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:51:32 AM by ladyknight1 »

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #340 on: May 28, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »
College age DD is home for the summer and plans to work which will be her first "real job". She decided she wanted to work for a caterer and interviewed last week, was notified of being selected on Friday and went in yesterday to fill out the HR paperwork and then she has two days of OTJ training today and tomorrow. They are putting her on her first job on Friday.

At dinner last night, HS DS asked her "how much are they paying you per hour?". DD sort of squirmed and said "I don't know. I didn't ask as it's rude to talk about money." Stunned silence around the dinner table until DS looked at me and said "This is your fault."  DH and I had to explain that discussing money with potential employers is expected, especially when being offered a job.

**I am suprised that neither the hiring manager or the HR staff told her the salary. But this is a very reputable company so I'm not concerned they are doing anything underhanded.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
I see how a young person can be hesitant to ask about salary, but I hope she finds out soon!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
My team is in the Stanley Cup Finals! First time in 20 years! Now just waiting to see who they play; LA or Chicago. Either way, going to be a tough series!

andi

« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »
My team is in the Stanley Cup Finals! First time in 20 years! Now just waiting to see who they play; LA or Chicago. Either way, going to be a tough series!

Please let it be Chicago.  Please let it be Chicago ...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #344 on: May 30, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »
I surprised my son last night. We had been watching The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, and at the end, there is a black screen after the last scene and before the credits.

I started singing the song that plays 10 seconds before it began. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf8Fwiy0Bkc  DS turned to me and said, Mom that's weird. 8)