News:

• April 19, 2018, 07:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534196 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #3375 on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:45 AM »
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgary-snow-angel-clears-neighbourhood-with-snowblower-attached-to-wheelchair-1.3832342

This is pretty awesome.  And those of you suffering through another Nor'Easter might appreciate it.  Definitely made me smile.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

gramma dishes

« Reply #3376 on: March 07, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgary-snow-angel-clears-neighbourhood-with-snowblower-attached-to-wheelchair-1.3832342

This is pretty awesome.  And those of you suffering through another Nor'Easter might appreciate it.  Definitely made me smile.

Wow!   That guy is downright inspirational!

vintagegal

« Reply #3377 on: March 15, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »
Got an actual mailed TY note from one of my grandkids for a birthday present. First time ever. So far this year, that is one note, one "mom thanking on behalf of the kid" and one "nothing". And they are all about the same age.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #3378 on: March 16, 2018, 12:58:25 PM »
Got to see P!nk in concert last night - the show was over-the-top amazing. She could just stand and sing her wonderful songs and I'd be thrilled, but she adds in so much drama, dance and aerial acrobatics! If you get a chance to see her show - do it.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3379 on: March 31, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »
I found out about Korean Bibimbap, and how it can be made with cauliflower rice. I got the recipe, got all the ingredients, and am now happy to test it out.  8) I love to broaden my culinary horizons.

http://www.destinationdelish.com/korean-bibimbap-bowls-with-cauliflower-rice/
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

cicero

« Reply #3380 on: March 31, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
The weather today (and, hopefully, tomorrow) is beautiful! After a cold winter with a few snowstorms, n'oreasters, whatever, and after a March that was , indeed, colder on average than Feb, I'm happy that the sun is shining and it's not cold. I'm in a short sleeve t shirt and my light jacket and I don't need the jacket. Tomorrow is supposed to be similar but less sunny and I'm planning to hike with friends.

If course, it's supposed to snow on Monday...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #3381 on: March 31, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »
Buying 450 pounds of stone because that's exactly how much our car could carry with two adults inside, coming home, and finding out it was plenty for our project (filling an 18-inch gap of mostly dirt and weeds the length of our house alongside the driveway).
Also, I fertilized and seeded our yard today! We have nearly 40 bags of leaves on the porch waiting for the first yard waste pickup of the season.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #3382 on: March 31, 2018, 06:09:48 PM »
I got an alpha test invite to the next World of Warcraft expansion!  ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #3383 on: April 05, 2018, 05:23:42 PM »
Talked to my surgeon this week! It turns out I'm actually healing really well from the knee realignment surgery; it just doesn't feel like it, because my hip replacement healed so fast that it gave me unrealistic expectations, and also knees suck. :P The bone is already filled in very nicely, so in about three months I will be having another surgery to take the plate out.

I found out two cool things related to that! First of all, I didn't know that the plate would be coming out of my leg at all, I thought it was a permanent fixture. Apparently people are a bit more comfortable if the plate is removed once the bone is fully healed, so that's now my surgeon's standard procedure. Also, the plate won't be thrown away - he saves up all the reusable medical fixtures that he can from his Australian patients, and takes them to India to use in surgeries on poor patients that would otherwise not be able to afford treatment. A piece of metal that's currently in my leg will be used to make life much better for somebody a long way away, isn't that cool?! :-*
"Set aphasia to stun!"

pattycake

« Reply #3384 on: April 05, 2018, 06:15:01 PM »
Talked to my surgeon this week! It turns out I'm actually healing really well from the knee realignment surgery; it just doesn't feel like it, because my hip replacement healed so fast that it gave me unrealistic expectations, and also knees suck. :P The bone is already filled in very nicely, so in about three months I will be having another surgery to take the plate out.

I found out two cool things related to that! First of all, I didn't know that the plate would be coming out of my leg at all, I thought it was a permanent fixture. Apparently people are a bit more comfortable if the plate is removed once the bone is fully healed, so that's now my surgeon's standard procedure. Also, the plate won't be thrown away - he saves up all the reusable medical fixtures that he can from his Australian patients, and takes them to India to use in surgeries on poor patients that would otherwise not be able to afford treatment. A piece of metal that's currently in my leg will be used to make life much better for somebody a long way away, isn't that cool?! :-*

Good news all around! I haven't had hip/knee surgery, but of friends that have, yeah, the knee is the worst.

Elisabunny

« Reply #3385 on: April 06, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »
The kindergarten I was working in this morning has one little girl who is very, very quiet: both in that she doesn't talk much (I don't think I heard a complete sentence out of her until after Christmas), and that her voice is very quiet.

Today the school counselor was talking to them about resolving conflicts and it was the usual mayhem- generally listening, but lots of bouncing around commenting to their neighbors, the usual stuff.  However, when this little girl was called on, they all went absolutely silent while she talked.  :)  It was such a lovely, unprompted demonstration of understanding and acceptance.

It totally made up for the 6th-grade drama later in the day.  ::)

You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #3386 on: April 09, 2018, 01:40:22 AM »
My 3-year-old nephew mispronounced "octopus" as "octoberpus" and that is what I am calling them from now on.  ;D

Waterlight

« Reply #3387 on: April 09, 2018, 03:42:50 AM »
There is a street musician who plays saxophone near a shopping center a couple blocks away from me... and one of the songs in his regular repertoire happens to be a favorite of mine.
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

turtleIScream

« Reply #3388 on: April 09, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »
I sent out the invitations for my daughter's high school graduation party (a very normal, expected thing in the US). My first RSVP just came in, from my friend living in the Czech Republic! I knew they were planning a visit home this summer, but I am still super excited she can make it!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

jpcher

« Reply #3389 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
Not a silly thing, but didn't know where else to post this.

DD#1 graduated from her masters program last Friday! ;D ;D

Now all she needs is a job. ;)

She does have two in-person interviews (talked to them several times via phone) where they will be flying both her and her BFsam to their out-of-state-far-away( :'() locations, paying for their stay, rental car, city tours, realtor info, etc. In other words it sounds like they wouldn't be going through this type of expense if they weren't really interested!

Yay! ;D