Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 35503 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »
The local bodega where I buy my milk was giving out nice, canvas tote bags yesterday. 

Carotte

« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »
My SO found a baby pet rat cute when we were at the pet store (for me to oogle the baby pet rats), the day it's actually possible (place wise) to have pet rats he might not be too hard to convince ^^.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are in season. I'm baking two cakes to go with the macerated berries. (One's for work)  :D

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2014, 04:51:56 AM »
The cat talked to me. 
This evening I didn't see her in the room and called out to my husband,who was in the computer room, "Is the cat in there with you?"  Immediately I heard a loud meowing as she came out of the hallway.  She must have realized that I was wondering where she was and answered (in cat talk) "Here I am, mommie!"  So sweet!  Right now she's sitting here next to the computer just gazing into space, kind of drowsy eyed. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Reika

« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »
Seeing the movie Maleficent today. :)

I'm normally not a fan of Angelina Jolie, but she did an amazing job. Actually, all of the cast were amazing in their roles, but Jolie really stood out.

snowfire

« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
The fact that my rather anti-social cat is curled up right next to me on the sofa, napping.

gmatoy

« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »
Finally got my sewing machine out and set up and started sewing. over 40 Barbie dresses in 2 days! ;D

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
Finally got my sewing machine out and set up and started sewing. over 40 Barbie dresses in 2 days! ;D
Sounds like you won't be the only happy one about making the Barbie dresses.  I bet there will be some mighty happy little girls and Barbies, as well.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »
My DH finally has a kilt and loves it! DS now has two kilts and he loves both of them. In fact, he can't wear them while working the COPE tower, so he is wearing them to dinner during the week at camp.  :-*

NbyNW

« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »
The video my daughter sent me of her husband teaching their 10-month-old daughter to sing. Too cute for words!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »
I was concerned because one of the feral cat family that is now living in our back yard didn't come out yesterday.  Last week we took the whole family to the local feral cat clinic and got them spayed/neutered and got shots for them, and although they're still not coming anywhere near me the mother cat will sit in front of our French windows if they're hungry.  The little one I didn't see is a small gray and white female who's smaller than her two siblings.

This morning she was out eating breakfast with the other two kittens.  Later I saw her wrestling with the other kittens.  Even though they're just feral cats I was glad nothing had happened to her.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
Peeling off wallpaper, and having it come off in nice big swaths. ;D

Finishing the subfloor in the bathroom, so flooring can be laid!
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
We just signed up for a walking tour of our neighborhood.  What tickled us about it is that one of the features of the tour is the building in which we've lived for over 30 years.  We can't wait to hear what they'll say about it.   ;D

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »

There is something really satisfying about the big swaths of wallpaper.  Particularly when the wallpaper is incredibly ugly. 

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »

There is something really satisfying about the big swaths of wallpaper.  Particularly when the wallpaper is incredibly ugly.

It's horrible. ;D God-awful 50s style flower print on the upper walls and red and beige stripes on the lower walls...
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~