Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 36383 times)

gmatoy

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
Finally got my sewing machine out and set up and started sewing. over 40 Barbie dresses in 2 days! ;D
Sounds like you won't be the only happy one about making the Barbie dresses.  I bet there will be some mighty happy little girls and Barbies, as well.

I pray that there will! This is part of my annual sew-a-thon!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:23:47 AM by gmatoy »

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
At a street fair today there was a Brazilian-style Comparsa band.  They were very enthusiastic and so loud that the drums set off the alarm in a nearby police car. 

Everyone involved took the incident in good part.  There was a lot of laughter and applause for both the band and the police officer who turned off the alarm. 

Octavia

« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »
I bought a house last fall. The previous homeowners were quite the landscapers and had created planting beds all around the house and perimeter of the yard. It is exciting every day to go outside and see what flowers are blooming. Today there are beautiful, purple irises!
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »
I've had a great big happy in moving to the new condo this week  :D.

The first silly thing:  When the microwave finishes, words pop up on the screen: "Your Food Is Ready!".  I find myself getting over there early to see the words.  The only thing that would be greater would be if you could program a voice to say them, say like, Morgan Freeman, James Bond, or even Fred Flintstone (with a Yabba-Dabba-Do)  ;D.  Someone, somewhere, is going to make such a microwave.

Second thing:  The previous owner left a stackable front-loading washer/dryer.  I'm having way too much fun watching the clothes swish around and the detergent bubbles splash on the door ;).

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »
I bought a house last fall. The previous homeowners were quite the landscapers and had created planting beds all around the house and perimeter of the yard. It is exciting every day to go outside and see what flowers are blooming. Today there are beautiful, purple irises!

The mental image made me happy today :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #365 on: June 16, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »
I love my front loading washing machine. I haven't had any issues and clothes come out cleaner than in previous top loaders. I love that I am using less water and that loads are faster too.

Being back to work and having staff check in with me specifically on outstanding things instead of sending group emails.

Last_Dance

« Reply #366 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »
The crossword puzzle I did. 29 across was "the tv show with Spock and Kirk" and the A from "Star Trek" was shared with "Planet" (6 down). Neat!
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.

heartmug

« Reply #367 on: June 16, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »

That would make me really happy!
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »
This made me chuckle. So sue me.  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #369 on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Defiance starts tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #370 on: June 18, 2014, 03:01:44 PM »
Today, we went out for lunch and stopped off at the Wednesday Farmers' Market in search of berries.
We came home with a quart.  They're small.  They're seedy and they aren't particularly good looking.  However, the things are so sweet and tasty we believe they came from somebody's back yard. 

We are happy, happy!  :D   

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
I was running a half-marathon in Skagway, AK last week.  (I'm from Ontario.)  It was cold, raining, uphill both ways, and partly along a dirt road.  So there I was, cold, wet, sore, wondering why on earth I'm a runner.....when the song "Pumpin' Blood" by NONONO came on my iPod. ("It's your heart...it's alive...it's pumpin' blood...") and I actually started laughing.  Seriously, out loud laughing - because I never dreamed that one day I'd be a runner, let alone run a race in ALASKA.

magicdomino

« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2014, 11:58:57 AM »
Today, we went out for lunch and stopped off at the Wednesday Farmers' Market in search of berries.
We came home with a quart.  They're small.  They're seedy and they aren't particularly good looking.  However, the things are so sweet and tasty we believe they came from somebody's back yard. 

We are happy, happy!  :D

My theory is that there is a given amount of flavor per strawberry.  In a big berry, it is watered down.  In a little berry, it is concentrated.   :)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »
I was running a half-marathon in Skagway, AK last week.  (I'm from Ontario.)  It was cold, raining, uphill both ways, and partly along a dirt road.  So there I was, cold, wet, sore, wondering why on earth I'm a runner.....when the song "Pumpin' Blood" by NONONO came on my iPod. ("It's your heart...it's alive...it's pumpin' blood...") and I actually started laughing.  Seriously, out loud laughing - because I never dreamed that one day I'd be a runner, let alone run a race in ALASKA.

Congrats... that sounds awesome.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
Heard back from FIL about the relocation plans and made plans for two weekend getaways! I need to have something to look forward to.