Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 40175 times)

mlmama

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »
I stopped to move a turtle out of the road yesterday. As I was getting back in my truck, a big diesel was coming up behind me. I think saved a turtle life! :D

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
MiddleDD had 5 children at her house today = her 2(ages 5 & 3), her older sister's 2(ages 6 & 4) and her younger sister's 1(age 2).

I liked watching her interact with the kids, and seeing the kids interact with each other.

dawnfire

« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2014, 03:51:16 AM »
My son (4years)has started OT for attention and fine co ordination issues. In previous sessions, were lucky to get him sitting doing his tasks for 5 minute bursts. This time he sat for most of the session (25 minutes of a 30 minute sessions) and did most of the tasks with minimal redirection.

Bandu

« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2014, 07:08:15 AM »
We have had a glorious wildflower season this year in my part of Texas. It started in February and is still going strong. Makes me so happy as I walk the dogs or drive along the highways.

parrot_girl

« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2014, 07:13:09 AM »
My new car has seat warmers! I've never ever been in a car with seat warmers before.

(the only problem that I can foresee is that during "that time of the month" I may just hop in and start driving and circumnavigate Australia, because they are SO NICE.)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2014, 01:57:44 PM »
About 5 years ago my favorite little Mom&Pop italian delivery restaurant closed down without warning. :'( It really bummed me out because I would order from them quite often over the previous 10+ years and especially depended on them for catering when I was throwing a lot more parties. Food was excellent, service was superb, and I still haven't found another favorite place.

This morning DD#2 came to me waving a piece of paper in her hand singing "Guess what I found on your car this morning!"

She handed me a take-out menu. It looked vaguely familiar and I couldn't figure out why DD#2 was excited about it until she pointed out the name of the restaurant.

"Mom's?" (ding-ding-ding!) "MOM'S!!!" They're back??!!!!

Doing the happy dance! Whenever they open today I'm going to call them up and order everything on the menu! ;D

Oh, but Pop's name wasn't on the menu. I wonder what happened.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
My new car has seat warmers! I've never ever been in a car with seat warmers before.

(the only problem that I can foresee is that during "that time of the month" I may just hop in and start driving and circumnavigate Australia, because they are SO NICE.)

That's definitely a reason to be happy! I love my seat warmers! ;D

Carotte

« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
I literally unlocked my cellphone (to send a text to SO) half a second before receiving a text from him, I guess we were both thinking about the other at the same moment :)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »
We were tickled when a French TV show was shooting in our neighborhood some time ago.  We learned that it was titled 'Taxi Brooklyn' and the show would've seen in France, Russia and Japan. 

Last night, it premiered here on the NBC network.  Of course, we had to watch and it was fun figuring out the various locations.  The plot was actually pretty good,too. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »
My family is going to take a weekend getaway to a destination less than two hours away, on the Gulf.

There is one of our preferred hotel chain locations there, and I had already decided that is where we would be staying. They have rooms with two king beds which I have never heard of. It's $17 more per night than the two queen rooms, but DH and I are used to a king bed at home, and it seems like a fun and minor splurge.

The deciding factor for me was realizing my parents never would have considered it when traveling with us as a family and that was if we even got a hotel room at all, we usually stayed on relatives couches and floors when traveling.

I am very excited! I also realized that I need at least one more swim separate top, to go with the four bottoms I have.

mlmama

« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2014, 06:10:37 AM »
I've been doing the 30 day ab workout thing. Not on schedule, I'll miss days here and there. I sent a couple of pics to my 17 year old daughter to ask if she could see a change because I can't really tell. I got back a text, "LOOK AT YOU!"  :D She could!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2014, 09:05:20 AM »
I received perfect scores for the last three writing assignments for my summer A course. I'm telling myself it is because I did well, not because they got tired of grading.  8)

Cherry91

« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2014, 09:16:31 AM »
A shirtless man on a unicycle passed down the road as I was waiting for the bus last weekend.

I don't know why he was on a unicycle or where he going, but he made me smile.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »
My husband and I walked over to the new park they built in our neighbourhood to check it out.  He played on the disc swing with our dog while I climbed on the monkeybars.  (We're both 40 years old and child-free, btw.)  The park has a brand new smooth asphalt path through it and I can't wait to go rollerskating on it.  Yes I said "rollerskate" - I found a pair of old-school white rollerskates at Value Village that fit me perfectly.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
^Fun. We love parks.