Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 40208 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2014, 05:05:14 PM »
DH was in the area and we got to have a lunch date.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
We have a Ben and Jerry's near my office.  My work opened a tab for the employees. 
It was really wonderful. 

dawnfire

« Reply #407 on: July 15, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »
not quite silly but it did make my day. A group court case of which I was a party to has been settled out of court, now we have to wait for the payout.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2014, 07:39:56 PM »
A co - worker of mine dancing with me to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. Neither of us can dance well, but it made a blah day a bit better.

Getting to hear lots of thunderstorms in the past few days - I love the sound.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
DH danced with me for one song on our lunch cruise and I danced the Electric Slide with a group of strangers.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »
I was getting ready to go to a Stag and Doe for a guy on my ball team on Saturday night.  I tried on a couple of pairs of jeans that are a size down from what I've been wearing and I could get them on!  I decided they were a little too tight for comfort so I didn't wear them but getting them done up was huge!

And then I got to the event.  I was chatting with the rest of the team when the groom saw me and did a double take.  'You look awesome!  I didn't recognize you.'  I'm a little concerned that he thinks I look like crap the rest of the time, though.   ;D  To be fair, he's never seen me wear makeup or in anything but ball gear so I can see how he'd be a bit surprised.  Although, I also don't know how many drinks he'd had by then...   :D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

veronaz

« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
Licking cake batter from the mixing bowl.  I use fingers and spatula.   :)

We have a Ben and Jerry's near my office.  My work opened a tab for the employees. 
It was really wonderful.

Nice!!  Yum.   :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:33:35 PM by veronaz »

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2014, 06:53:17 PM »
This going to sound silly...

Also let me preface this with I really, really love my DH.  I miss him when he's not here.

He happens to be working late tonight and for me that means I have unrestricted access to the computer, TV, and the thermostat.  Of the three, I am happiest about the thermostat.  I have it set on 80 F and I am so blissfully comfortable.  No need for the fleece pajamas, hoodie, and socks. Before I go to bed I'll turn it down to 76 F so he's comfortable when he gets home...it doesn't bother me once I'm tucked in under my quilt.  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »
I told a colleague how much I enjoy being home alone. I can do what I want, when I want and no one to comment on it. Except the cats and birds.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »
I do love my weekday mornings that are just me and the dog.  DH is a SAHD and DD has a late bedtime.  So she is still sleeping when I get ready for work.  It is lovely. 

magicdomino

« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
The first bacon and tomato sandwich of the season, featuring a big, ripe Cherokee Purple tomato.  Lettuce would be a desecration in the face of such perfection.

oogyda

« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Playing in the creek behind our house with the grandkids.  The spring flood we had made a couple of deep pools (waist deep and shoulder deep) that are lovely on a 100 degree day.  Prior to the flood, it barely got above knee deep in places. 
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

andi

« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »
This going to sound silly...

Also let me preface this with I really, really love my DH.  I miss him when he's not here.

He happens to be working late tonight and for me that means I have unrestricted access to the computer, TV, and the thermostat.  Of the three, I am happiest about the thermostat.  I have it set on 80 F and I am so blissfully comfortable.  No need for the fleece pajamas, hoodie, and socks. Before I go to bed I'll turn it down to 76 F so he's comfortable when he gets home...it doesn't bother me once I'm tucked in under my quilt.  :P

I think we're married to the same man.

mlmama

« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »
My grandmother gave me a tablet a few months ago. It was already 2-3 years old and had gone through my aunt and then my grandmother before it got to me. I didn't care because it was the first one I'd ever owned. It bit the dust about a month after I got it. Just wouldn't turn on. I told my grandmother in case she had a warranty or something on it. She didn't, and I was fine with that. It was a cool toy to have even for a month! Well, she decided that since she gave me something that broke after only a month, she was going to buy me a new one. It came today! I'm so happy about it! I've been thanking her over and over again. I just LOVE having a brand new tablet that's all mine!  :D

Octavia

« Reply #419 on: July 18, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
The weather is gorgeous, and we were let out of work early to enjoy it.
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins