Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 45591 times)

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #420 on: July 18, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »
Artscape has begun!!!

MERUNCC13

• A proud member of the Niner Nation!
« Reply #421 on: July 18, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
Going by the local Diary Queen for a Blizzard on a hot and sticky nite (and DH not complaining about the humidity!) :)
Life likes to be taken by the hand and told, I'm with you, let's go! Maya Angelou

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #422 on: July 19, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »
My son and husband went to the store and brought me home flowers.

Lindee

« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2014, 01:28:19 AM »
The lid on my lovely clear glass electric kettle with the cool blue LED lights broke and when I checked the warranty thinking I'd had it for quite a while I discovered it had two more days still to go.  Now I have a brand new replacement one.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2014, 07:25:48 AM »
Lots and lots of little dead bodies...fruit fly bodies to be exact.  I've been having a problem with them for a few weeks. I set out a few ACV water bottle traps with minimal success, so I pulled out the big guns,  fly paper traps. While not attractive, they did their job.   In less than 24 hours,  I'm down from getting buzzed every few minutes to not even seeing any fly around. I have also been pouring boiling water down all the drains every few days to kill any eggs or larvae.

I also figured out where the little [deleted] are coming from. My neighbor started a dingdangity compost pile. Granted,  fruit flies are just a problem in Florida regardless,  especially this time of year.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:14:29 PM by cass2591 »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #425 on: July 20, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »
I bought a nearly complete set of blueprints for the WDW Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I received some of them a few days ago and the rest are due to arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to building a 3D model (and perhaps a physical model when I retire.) In the mean time, I'm having fun looking at all the detail that goes into a project like that.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #426 on: July 20, 2014, 06:06:29 PM »
^ That is awesome.

Realizing I've been feeling angst over what to wear to a wedding and I already have the perfect dress. D'oh!

Girlie

« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2014, 11:08:57 AM »
My DH and I just bought our first house, and yesterday I received my first bill. My FIRST bill for my FIRST house. Kind of stupid, but it made me deliriously happy. And seeing as how it's probably the only bill I'll ever be happy to see, I know my mom and MIL were kind of rolling their eyes when I told them about it. :)

This morning I called to see what I need to do set us up for trash pick-up and to find out about cost. Where I grew up (and all of my experiences thus far), you had two options - pay a monthly bill to the city or to a company to do it, or haul all of your stuff to the local dump. In our new place, the cost of trash service is already figured into our property taxes, so it's not going to cost us anything extra on a monthly basis. I was very excited to find out that I have to write out another check every month! :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #428 on: July 23, 2014, 09:59:58 PM »
I belong to a food share.  I go to the farm every week to pick up my basket of vegetables.  They have a bunch of barn cats who've had kittens.  Today, when I was there, there was a mother with her three young daughters - reminded me of Mommy Penguin, minus the littlest one.  I followed them into the barn where the oldest one had one of the kittens in her arms.  One of the workers dropped another kitten that had escaped back into the barn, who I promptly picked up.  It was purring up a storm so I helped one of the littler ones feel the purr and then hold the kitten.  It was a nice little diversion in the middle of my day.

(The owners really encourage playing with the kittens so they are more easily adopted.  They usually keep one from a couple of different mothers and adopt out the rest.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

turtleIScream

« Reply #429 on: August 01, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
My hair looks and feels like I just came from the salon. What a great way to start the weekend!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #430 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »
A pedicure. Pedicures make me disproportionately happy. It's like my feet have gone out on a date.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #431 on: August 01, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »
Adopting 3 new mice from the shelter.

Tasting some really good cupcakes.

I have pet mice!

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #432 on: August 01, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
Adopting 3 new mice from the shelter.

Tasting some really good cupcakes.

LOL!  I read that funny and my brain conjured up visions of three little mice being formally adopted while they were eating some really good 'welcome to the family' cupcakes!   ;D

spookycatlady

« Reply #433 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »
Getting an offer to upgrade our room in Vegas for when I go travelling with my Mom next month!

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #434 on: August 01, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
First, I'm happy because my roommate and I are going to see Guardians of the Galaxy tonight! I booked our tickets online yesterday to make sure we got decent seats, because it'll be a full theater (even booking 24 hours in advance, many of the choice seats were already taken).

Second, my roommate called me today to checked which theater we were going to and what seats we'd booked, because she wanted to see if she could still find a seat for her boyfriend in the same showing. Most of the theater is booked solid, except the seats really close to the screen...but one of the remaining single seats was right next to ours! I didn't leave a buffer seat, since I knew the theater would be packed, so it must have been the next group--lucky for us!