Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 16153 times)

cwm

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »
Posted the recipe over in the folder.

Seeing more people around work today. Yesterday was the first day back after passing my test. I'm getting more and more high fives and congrats all around.

steelstress

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »
Home Pride bread is back on the shelves.  I just about cried when I saw it.

andi

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 10:01:35 PM »
My work is letting us dress up for Halloween!!!

PurpleFrog

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 04:00:31 AM »
Froglet (4) told us about his dream:

I was a pirate, mummy was a pirate, Tadpole was a pirate and Daddy was the plank.

[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

magician5

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »
My wife looked on a dusty shelf and found an old teddy bear I had been given almost 40 years ago by my first girlfriend. She secretly(meaning right in front of me as she knitted in front of the television and I slept in front of the television, not 6 feet away) knitted my birthday gift: a bright red sweater for the bear, with the words "Mister Bear" across the front in white. Everyone in the family knew except me. It's the most personal and thoughtful thing I've ever gotten! I still laugh like a fool when I think of it!

She tucked the sweater-wearing bear between my pillow and the nightstand, and (sssh, don't tell anyone!) it does help me get to sleep. But I have my revenge! Last thing I do every night is dangle it in front of the Agatha Christie book she's reading, and she has to say "Goodnight, Mister Bear."

Darned sweet gift!
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 08:08:14 AM »
BG: DH is a brony and while I don't hate the show or the ponies, I am getting to the point where I get tired of hearing about it as much as I do at home. 

But since DH loves it and I've gotten back into cross stitching, when I found a pattern to cross stitch the likeness of his favorite mare, Pinkie Pie, I pinned it in my "secret" board where I keep gift ideas. 

Well I printed out the pattern, bought the floss and unfortunately he saw through the printer paper and found out.  But the grin on his face when he saw I was going to make it for him despite not being a huge fan myself was worth it. :)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

flickan

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 08:12:25 AM »
BG: DH is a brony and while I don't hate the show or the ponies, I am getting to the point where I get tired of hearing about it as much as I do at home. 

But since DH loves it and I've gotten back into cross stitching, when I found a pattern to cross stitch the likeness of his favorite mare, Pinkie Pie, I pinned it in my "secret" board where I keep gift ideas. 

Well I printed out the pattern, bought the floss and unfortunately he saw through the printer paper and found out.  But the grin on his face when he saw I was going to make it for him despite not being a huge fan myself was worth it. :)

You're a darn good spouse!

I have a pony fangirl in my life who loves Pinkie Pie more than anything in the world.  I don't get the appeal of the new show.  At all.  (I had all the ponies back in the 80s when I was a kid, memories...)  Point being we got her a Pinkie Pie plushie for her last birthday and the look on her face was beautiful.  It's so easy to make the brony crowd happy.  It almost feels like cheating when I buy gifts now.

flickan

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 08:14:18 AM »
McDonalds Pumpkin Spice Latte

It's like the best thing that can happen between 5am and 7am.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 08:32:34 AM »
My wife looked on a dusty shelf and found an old teddy bear I had been given almost 40 years ago by my first girlfriend. She secretly(meaning right in front of me as she knitted in front of the television and I slept in front of the television, not 6 feet away) knitted my birthday gift: a bright red sweater for the bear, with the words "Mister Bear" across the front in white. Everyone in the family knew except me. It's the most personal and thoughtful thing I've ever gotten! I still laugh like a fool when I think of it!

She tucked the sweater-wearing bear between my pillow and the nightstand, and (sssh, don't tell anyone!) it does help me get to sleep. But I have my revenge! Last thing I do every night is dangle it in front of the Agatha Christie book she's reading, and she has to say "Goodnight, Mister Bear."

Darned sweet gift!

That is so sweet.

I'm loving every one's stories. They brighten my day.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
We were in Sleepy Hollow, New York two weeks ago and visited Washington Irving's home, Sunnyside.  I bought two new English language books.  DH was rolling his eyes, but I don't care.

Then we went to a local grocery store and I found Canfield's Diet Chocolate soda.  I was so excited I bought two six packs and drank every one by myself.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I could have found the Diet Cherry Chocolate.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »
I signed up at an e card site so I can send animated cards out to people on my card list.  I think this is going to be fun. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

You're a darn good spouse!

I have a pony fangirl in my life who loves Pinkie Pie more than anything in the world.  I don't get the appeal of the new show.  At all.  (I had all the ponies back in the 80s when I was a kid, memories...)  Point being we got her a Pinkie Pie plushie for her last birthday and the look on her face was beautiful.  It's so easy to make the brony crowd happy.  It almost feels like cheating when I buy gifts now.

I can relate.  I had some ponies and the barn as a little girl and when they started coming back out, I have to say I liked the new design but wasn't all that interested in seeing the show because, well I remembered how they were when I was a kid.  Then an old friend of DH's came to visit and showed us clips and I have to admit it's not as bad as the 80's series.  Not quality animation or storytelling (plots you can stick a redwood tree through) But they're amusing and there are some catchy songs.

Hot Topic isn't too bad a source for Brony gear. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
I fear Mr. Thipu has finally gone round the bend.

Today, his monthly shipment from 'Think Geek' arrived.  It included four rolls of 'CAUTION --- ZOMBIES AHEAD' yellow, barricade tape. 

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »
I had someone get my Halloween costume. Which may not sound like a big deal, but BF and I went as characters from Doctor Who, and not many of the friends at the party we were at watch that show.

Also, I felt like such an adult. Walked into Home Depot and found what I was looking for without any assistance. I did some impromptu research at the store and answered my own questions.

People liked the beer dip I made, too. One guy even asked me for the recipe. I will be giving it to him within a few days. But I never make the "popular" food. It felt so nice.

I completely understand being happy about that. DH and I once attended a party and unless he was standing beside me, my after 5 black sparkly dress just made me look like I overdressed for a Halloween party.

My son wanted to go as Link from Legend of Zelda one year. I thought no one would get him. But at the third house, the guy who answered the door said, "Link! Honey, come look! It's Link!"

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
I fear Mr. Thipu has finally gone round the bend.

Today, his monthly shipment from 'Think Geek' arrived.  It included four rolls of 'CAUTION --- ZOMBIES AHEAD' yellow, barricade tape.

Hahahaha! I have to go order that. Caution tape plays a big part in a group I belong to.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem