Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 48844 times)

andi

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
I fear Mr. Thipu has finally gone round the bend.

Today, his monthly shipment from 'Think Geek' arrived.  It included four rolls of 'CAUTION --- ZOMBIES AHEAD' yellow, barricade tape.

That is awesome!  I saw some at the local Halloween store and I have some pace left in the yard .. .

GregariousIntrovert

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »
I found that the series Sister Wendy's Story of Painting is on youtube in its entirety!  I could listen to her all day!

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
Home Pride bread is back on the shelves.  I just about cried when I saw it.

I loved that bread (back when I could eat it--I guess I still love it, I just can't eat it)!

I know that feeling.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
I had to have a root canal this morning, and the dental assistant is quick, funny, and snarky. It was fun!

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 02:19:48 AM »
Turning on the car radio at exactly the beginning of City of New Orleans, my go-to, belt it in the car, sing along song  ;D.

mlmama

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 02:45:45 AM »
Having my washer and dryer inside the house. The place I lived before was a converted office trailer and didn't have room for them inside, so they were out in the shed about 20 yards from the house. It is so great to be able to throw a load in the washer so easily now! I never thought I would be happy about having to do laundry.  ;D

Lindee

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 04:40:23 AM »
Outside my study window I can see the first roses I've ever grown.  All around the street are huge rosebushes covered in roses but these are mine and I love them.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »
With all the songs being sung/hummed around our house originating from animes or My Little Pony, I was quite tickled when my middle child was just humming part of the score from Pirates of the Caribbean. :D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 08:52:13 AM »
Having my washer and dryer inside the house. The place I lived before was a converted office trailer and didn't have room for them inside, so they were out in the shed about 20 yards from the house. It is so great to be able to throw a load in the washer so easily now! I never thought I would be happy about having to do laundry.  ;D

I so envy you!

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
i posted this on the "get fit" thread but over the past 5 months i lost 23 lbs. I still have a ways to go - this 23 lbs represents about 25% of what i need to lose overall - but it's a nice chunk and I haven't been "this low" in many years.

So i recently flew to the US - that was four flights in total (to London and then to NY and then back again). my previous visit was about 7 months ago - and on that flight i was *very* uncomfortable. felt very hedged in my seat, the seat belt *just* closed, the tray couldn't be pulled all the way down, etc. This time - it was a breeze, got in my seat with room to spare, pulled on the seat belt and had quite a few inches leftover, and was able to pull the tray all the way down (ok, it was a tight fit but i did it). AND at one point i had to make a mad dash through heathrow airport (long story, but i got to the wrong gate and had to go find the right gate) - i must have been running for about 10 minutes straight. running. not walking fast, running. i got to my gate and i wasn't sweating or gasping for air.

now on to the next 20 lbs. and the next. and the next...

Y'know, I'm not sure you qualify for this thread!

I think this goes in the one titled "Really Huge, Incredible, Wonderful Things That Make You Smile and Others Stand in Awe"

Go, you!!!

Losing weight can be really tough! I'm glad you're getting some payoff!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
I had to have a root canal this morning, and the dental assistant is quick, funny, and snarky. It was fun!

*Putting hand on Toots forehead to see if she has a fever*  A root canal?  Fun?  Are you sure you weren't delerious?

;D

Not really silly but I sold the snow tires for the car I just traded in last night.  The girl who came to pick them up told me I was selling them too cheaply.  I was just glad to have them gone.  We chatted for a bit and I realized she was military - there's a base about 20 minutes away from where I live.  So it made me happy to give someone in the service a bit of a deal.

It also turns out that she needs kitchen stuff so if I get my butt in gear and declutter my kitchen and 'hoarder' room, I might have some stuff for her.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Moonie

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »
My cat pooped!!! Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like something to be happy about, but he was very sick for the past three days with a blockage in his colon, and after a trip to the emergency vet and lots of prayers, everything seems to be moving along smoothly.

flickan

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 09:34:21 AM »
My cat pooped!!! Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like something to be happy about, but he was very sick for the past three days with a blockage in his colon, and after a trip to the emergency vet and lots of prayers, everything seems to be moving along smoothly.

God Bless!!

I worry so much about my cats' dietary habits.  Before I was responsible for feeding my own I had no idea how invested I could get in the contents of a litterbox!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »
Reminds me of the day I took my 20 year old cat in for a routine check-up.  After the appointment was done, I sat her, in her harness (she hated the carrier) on the ledge of the front desk while I paid.  I looked at her and she was doing something funny with her back end.  Then I realized she was pooping!  I managed to get something under it, just in time, and got handed a dog poop bag to contain it.  I wiped the counter down with sanitizer.  I was so embarrassed.  The receptionist said it was a pretty impressive bowel movement for a 20 year old cat!  And the vet tech went and showed the vet because he'd been concerned that her bowels were pretty full when he did the exam.  He, and everyone else, just laughed and thought it was hilarious, while I, and my cat, slunk off in embarrassment.  Not that I think Misty was embarrassed...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

cwm

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »
Took a nap before BF got home from work yesterday. He called me to wake me up asking what I wanted for dinner. He was going to just bring it home to me, but they didn't have the soup at Panera that I usually get and he wasn't sure otherwise.

Also, instead of just asking a friend over, he asked me if it was okay if friend came over. Yes, it's his house and unless I'm in a horrible bad terrible mood or feeling uber sick I'm not going to say no, but he asked first. That's huge for me, and I'm still smiling like a madwoman thinking about it.