Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 48028 times)

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2013, 11:57:10 PM »
Sitting in Starbucks with hot chocolate, waiting for my eyeglasses to be repaired at a nearby store, the Clash's "Lost in the Supermarket" came on. It's a song I like, one of those things that's bright and bouncy if you don't pay attention to the lyrics, and nicely ironic for any business to be playing.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

cwm

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
This all-legs, 3-month-old stray puppy that found its way to my house in the middle of nowhere. (I must have a Welcome sign out front in dog language -- they always find me.)

As much as I don't need a fifth stray mutt, what's making me happy is puppy breath, puppy snuggling, puppy bounding, puppy puppy puppy!

PUPPY SNORGLES!

I'm sure as soon as I get home today I'll have a big smile on my face from mum's puppy that I'm dog-sitting for. I'm just not too thrilled that he woke me up twice in the middle of the night after a long day, but he's so cute I can't stay mad for long. Just annoyed and tired.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
This all-legs, 3-month-old stray puppy that found its way to my house in the middle of nowhere. (I must have a Welcome sign out front in dog language -- they always find me.)

As much as I don't need a fifth stray mutt, what's making me happy is puppy breath, puppy snuggling, puppy bounding, puppy puppy puppy!

PUPPY SNORGLES!

I'm sure as soon as I get home today I'll have a big smile on my face from mum's puppy that I'm dog-sitting for. I'm just not too thrilled that he woke me up twice in the middle of the night after a long day, but he's so cute I can't stay mad for long. Just annoyed and tired.

PUPPY! Just yesterday I was telling a friend that I don't want a baby right now but, man, I would love a puppy!

LibraryLady

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »
I found candy corn M&Ms at Wal-Mart.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »
I found out today that Mr. Thipu's latest shipment from 'Think Geek' included a little present for me. 

It's a shirt with one of my favorite slogans. 

'There are 10 kinds of people in the world---those who know binary and those who don't.

I love it, love it, love it!  :D

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »
These aren't very recent, but I still smile at the thought:

1) My SO and I were at the Blueberry Festival and decided to take in a concert. The singer was from my hometown; he asked if anyone was from the same town; I applauded and nodded; he looked in our general direction and made a comment about people reppin' the Warsaw area. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

2) Having a complete stranger comment on my T-shirt in Mackinaw City. What was weird was when my SO wore the shirt in question he never got a comment....but he passed it on to me and I get two ladies commenting on it :)

Bandu

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
PUPPY! Just yesterday I was telling a friend that I don't want a baby right now but, man, I would love a puppy!

Well, if you're in Texas, I can hook you up! (Remember, I already have four rescues :D)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 08:58:31 PM »
I bought a bottle $8 Spanish wine that is just awesome and am really enjoying right now.

chibichan

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »
Turning on the car radio at exactly the beginning of City of New Orleans, my go-to, belt it in the car, sing along song  ;D.

Not recent , and not really even silly but ....

The day I found out I would have to have a radical mastectomy of my left breast - I got into my car for the hour long ride home , desperately trying to hold it together .

To distract myself , I absently snapped on the radio and was blasted by the opening chords of The Wallflower's "One Headlight " ....

I have never experienced simultaneous singing , smiling and crying .

It saved me .
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

andi

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »
I love that song - it's a "must sing along" in my car

the emotional control music has ovr us always amazes me

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2013, 04:58:54 AM »
I found candy corn M&Ms at Wal-Mart.
How cool are they? DS loves white chocolate so I was recently in the States and found those and also coconut m&ms ( he also loves coconut) at the m&m store so I bought some. Then I tasted and CRUD MONKEYS!, tried to find more - found a bag of the candy corn but not the coconut. So my dad was coming back from the States about a week after me so I asked him for the cxandy corn flavor but he said they couldn't find them anywhere. Oh, well...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »
This morning I woke up from a nightmare and was trying to calm myself down and possibly go back to sleep.  Suddenly, there's a weight on my chest and I open my eyes to see my dog's head on my stomach, looking at me and making a noise that was very definitely a grumpy "everything's fine, go back to sleep so I can sleep on you some more".  It was very sweet. 

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
I needed to put a "grip" material of some sort on the foam-board swords I'm making for my DS/15's Halloween costume. I bought that rubbery no-slip rug mat / drawer liner, and glued it on w/ Tacky Glue. It works great!

(next year, I'm going to paint the layer underneath black first, so I don't have to put the paint down in the little holes)

cwm

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »
I just got an email from a co-worker in another department. She thanked me and said how much she appreciates my help and support.

It's co-workers like this who take the time to respond to you even when you're just doing your job like you're supposed to that make this job so much better.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
Today's my birthday! But what made me happy is that Partner slipped up to Wendy's this morning and got me this honey butter chicken biscuit thing I love (and almost never get) and a drink from Starbucks! Yay!!

Also...we set a wedding date!!! I'm insanely overjoyed at this.