Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 47536 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
^^Congrats on both.

My DD is away at her first year of college. We are great co-shoppers. She texted me Sunday morning saying that she and a couple of her friends were driving to larger city to go shop in the afternoon. (She's freezing and needs warmer clothes.)

While shopping, she texted me a few times with a photo and a "what do you think?" or a "hint...Xmas is coming". And even one text with a photo of her friend in boots she was thinking about asking if I liked them.

It made me smile that she still included me in her shopping trip.

cwm

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
Okay, so I was discussing the "I wish I could (XXXX)" thread with my boyfriend. I also told him that I wished I could understand computer programming. This was...last night, I think?

Today technology is hating me and crashing left and right, I'm getting kind of grumpy, and he goes to do some chores. Out he comes, and hands me a book. How to code in java. I'm so thrilled.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »
It's Halloween night and the first family who came to our door was young and with a baby dressed up to die for. I oohed and ahhed and then realized I didn't have anything suitable and said "Oh let me see what I have he might be able to eat." They said oh don't worrry we just wanted to show him off. I asked if they lived close and they said no they were from far away state and staying at a hotel for his work and thought our neighborhood looked nice to wander through and do Halloween.

How right they were. I was thrilled they stopped by.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
My son's Halloween costume came out great. And when he was acting sort of standoffish when I wanted a picture of us together, I joshed him, saying, "Aren't you glad I made your Halloween costume?" And he growled, "No."
   Then two beats later he said, "Yes, I am. Actually."

He was afraid I'd taken him seriously, so he wanted to be sure he said it credibly. A nice little moment.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
The NYC Marathon is today and passes near our neighborhood.  I just started hearing the helicopters and it made me smile. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 09:44:26 PM »
I've been teaching my youngest to pray before going to bed, including crossing himself upon finishing the prayer.   Well tonight after doing the good ol "Now I lay me", instead of me taking his hand to show him how to cross himself, he did it all by himself. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
Playing with my friend's baby tonight: she absolutely loved me. We played bounce the baby for hours.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:50 PM »
Ordered some things for my mom for Christmas from Amazon. While the total wasn't alot, I had enough Am Ex rewards points I could apply, so the amount I actually had to pay was only a little more than $3. which means I can get her a few more things!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
Despite, or rather because of the stress of being in the ER with my littlest one the other night, it really made me smile to see just how great the staff was.  Such great bedside manner.  The doctor was beyond tickled that Piratebabe was wanting to bump fists with everyone, there was one nurse who brought him popsicles and had all smiles for him, and the nurses were great too.

And it tickled me when the doctor looked at my shirt and said "Oooh, Pink Floyd! Don't see that often enough!" (I wear it to bed a lot, love the band and the shirt's extremely soft)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
I went out yesterday to pick up some stuff and when I got home there were some flowers on my patio table out front with a note that said "From one neighbor to another, just wanted to brighten your day a bit!", I thought it was so sweet! And they're pretty flowers!

I think I'm going to pass this forward and buy some today to drop off at another neighbors....maybe we can get a thing going...

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »
Yesterday was windy and we had a little rain.  Walking home from the grocery,  I was treated to several intersections where huge clouds of golden leaves were blowing through. 

Gorgeous!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
A store employee saw I had my hands full with my youngest and my grocery totes and helped me pull apart two stubborn grocery carts and got the seatbelt straightened out so the little guy could sit in the cart.

Then a woman came up behind me and handed me the little afghan square Piratebabe had been holding but apparently dropped between the van and front door of the store.

The Wild One, Forever

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
Back a couple or a few weeks ago, when the autumn foliage was peaking, I was driving at dusk, and the trees seemed to glow in the twilight, like neon.  I had never noticed it in quite that way before, and it made me glad to be alive.

My son has not had the greatest year.  He and I are very close, but I become frustrated with him at times, and start to wonder what ever became of my happy,serene, highly motivated little boy.  I have probably shed more angry or frustrated tears over him in the past six months than I have all his life.  But then, last month, I was at my cousin's house when I received an unsolicited text from him which read, "I love you, Mom."   And, just yesterday he told me he appreciates all I do for him,and that I put him first and make sure he has what he needs.  (I always thought that was just what a mother *does*, but it was still nice to hear!)  We have also shared some belly laughs lately, which have become more rare as he gets through these teen years.  This has all led me to believe that just maybe, the tide is turning and that it's possible the very worst of the angst is over.  Nothing in this world could make me happier.
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Bandu

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »
It stopped raining long enough for the landlord to have the lawnmower man come by today and tackle the huge, overgrown three acres my house sits on. Living in the country and having green grass again after a long drought, yet being able to take the dogs out without my jeans getting soaking wet halfway up my calves -- this makes me happy.

dawnfire

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2013, 08:29:14 PM »
looking outside my bedroom window to see a honeyeater perched on my feeding on my poker plant