Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 28007 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
We have a beagle. My DH really worked with him to not do much baying since we live in a neighborhood. But he will bay when there is something to bay about like a possum in the yard, but we might hear it a couple of times per year.

Saturday I took him to a local park for a walk and an organized run was about to start so we were waiting for it to start before we got on the trials, and the beagle wasn't being too patient.

An airhorn blew and the beagle let out a huge bay and tried to start forward like the fox hunt was under way practically taking my arm with him. I and others there were cracking up.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »
There's a Container Store near my new house. I'm an uber organized person and I've never been to the CS before. I cannot wait to step foot inside that place! Better leave the credit card at home so I don't get myself in trouble.  ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
There's a Container Store near my new house. I'm an uber organized person and I've never been to the CS before. I cannot wait to step foot inside that place! Better leave the credit card at home so I don't get myself in trouble.  ;D

hahaha - do that. they can be pricy. but on the other hand, they are good for getting ideas, and I've found similar items for less, elsewhere. I will also say, if you need a desk chair, their bungee one is very comfy. i bought mine last year, and love it. it sounds weird, but i love it.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
This is really little, but one of the members of my church choir brought his son downstairs while we were getting robes off. Watching the little tyke look at everything with amazement while sucking on a lollipop was really cute!  :)

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

andi

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
My hubby scrubbed all 3 toilets in our house today. Love

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »
I've recently started walking at lunch with a CW. I detest any and all forms of exercise, esp walking, but I have to say, our walks don't seem like they take much time at all since we chat as we go.  And we figured out we walk about 1.75 miles, for now, but hopefully we can up it as we get better at it!  I was happy to see how mcuh we actually did walk!

Update:
Yesterday, between walking at lunch, AND working 4 hours at my PT job, I hit 10,000 steps for the very first time!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:26:06 PM by siamesecat2965 »

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
My Amazon order arrived a week early. Book happy!

BarensMom

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
Nordstrom Rack has opened near the Sun Valley Mall in Concord - I'm going shopping!

Moonie

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »
With yesterday being a holiday, I was off work. I had made an appointment at the Humane Society for my cat to have her yearly check up and shots. They have a whole wall that is a window where you can look into the "cat room" where the cats up for adoption are. Inside this room, closest to the windows is an enclosure where the younger cats are kept. One of the workers (or volunteers, I don't know which) went into the enclosure to sweep, mop, clean litter boxes,etc.  Before she got started, however, she picked up every single cat one at a time and petted it and gave it a kiss before moving to the next cat. That small act really impressed me and made me happy. It was a comfort to know that she truly loved the animals she was caring for. Iam going to either call or email the Humane Society and praise this woman's actions.

Alli8098

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
We just found out last week that we are expecting our second child.  On Friday I was headed to the store with my 4-year old DD.  I asked her if she wanted a baby brother or sister and she exclaimed she wants a baby sister.  I replied "what if it's a baby brother?", she says "No, it's a baby sister, not a baby brother."  She was so firm in her response that I could not help but laugh out loud.  My DD always makes me laugh and smile.

cwm

« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
Apparently, when my niece is in the middle of a horrible tantrum, all Sis has to say is, "Okay, do you want to have lunch with Yaya?" (her name for me) and the tantrum clears up, and she's running around the apartment helping get ready. I'm a reward for her. And when she sees me, her little face breaks into this HUGE bright grin and she runs over to me laughing.

I'm going to have to plan a day sometime soon where I can just take a random day off work and have a Me and Sproglet day. Maybe go to the mall, have lunch out, and spoil her rotten.

Also, it's really adorable how when we're out (me, sis, mom, and Sprog), everyone thinks she's my kid. Apparently she looks more like me than her mom, and I get all sorts of compliments on how cute my daughter is, and how beautiful her eyes are. Sis loves it too, she feels like when it's not directed at her it's more honest.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »
DH has an out-of-town work-related conference going on right now that I was able to come along with him for.  DD is with my parents and the two of us are staying in a hotel.

Earlier today I went out for shopping and lunch with a friend who lives in the area, but other than that I've spent most of yesterday and today either cozily hanging out in the hotel room watching TV and checking internet stuff or wandering around the shopping center across the street while DH is attending discussions and other stuff.  I know I could be out doing touristy stuff or something, but I am having such a nice time being about to veg out with no toddler to worry about.  Bliss.  :)

Also, I've picked up a few great deals on clearance while shopping, including a pair of super comfy sneakers.  I love it!
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2013, 09:49:09 AM »
Maybe affirmations do work!  Yesterday before I got out of bed I said, "I want a cup of coffee with half and half and real sugar, and a toasted bagel with butter and cream cheese."  Then my DH said he wanted some of his mother's orange toast that she made when he was a kid, and I countered with, "Macc and Cheese" and he with something else.  We spent about 5 minutes just taking turns naming things that we would like to have.  Then I changed the format and said I'd like to go beach combing, and he said, hiking in the woods,. and we spent a few minutes just saying activities we would like to do.  When I got out of bed I felt like the day had gotten off to a good and pleasant start.  I even spent about half and hour adding more veggies to a soup from the night before for breakfast...and I hate to cook.  I don't think he wants me to wake him up with my wish list every morning, but I can say it to myself. 

ETA:  I am so hungry!  I have to go get some blood work done this morning at 8 and I'm fasting.  I think I'll make him take me to the coffeehouse after for a cup of coffee and a bagel with butter and cream cheese.  Sounds great to me! 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:52:10 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
HALLELUJAH! After a couple weeks of trying to make the little one sleep in his own bed for naps (he kept getting up and playing in his room) the little guy is FINALLY napping in his own bed and it didn't take all afternoon! :D :D :D :D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cwm

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2013, 09:25:48 AM »
My manager and another manager decided to have a "suit off" today. My manager is in a black suit with a plaid bowtie and the other manager is in a three piece suit. Everyone is wondering why they did it. My manager's answer? "Well, this is what happens when girls get bored, they dress up and get all fancy."

It appears they just wanted to wear suits for a day. I'm still laughing about it.