Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 45632 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
^^ That is funny

Had drinks with a couple of women from work last night and one mentioned that she'd just bought a Blendtec blender and I got excited and said me too and then we proceeded to describe all the things we'd use them for and the odd smoothies we'd made and we both knew the "use count" of our blenders. We broke up in a fit of giggles when we noticed our other co-worker (and younger) looking at us with pitty and saying "you two are just sad."

ITSJUSTME

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »
I stopped in at a breakfast event this morning.  There were muffins, nut bread, juice etc.

The silly thing that made me happy was that the hard, pressed paper plates (think Chinette) were SQUARE instead of round.

I have no idea why that made me so happy but it did!!!

PurpleFrog

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
Froglet (4) is Joesph in his school nativity. He's gone from not able to concentrate/sit still/be quiet to learning lines, speaking when he's ment to and being trusted to behave in front of a crowd. Plus he read a whole book to me and only sounded out about 5 words. My babies growing up, and doing well.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

andi

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »
^^ That is funny

Had drinks with a couple of women from work last night and one mentioned that she'd just bought a Blendtec blender and I got excited and said me too and then we proceeded to describe all the things we'd use them for and the odd smoothies we'd made and we both knew the "use count" of our blenders. We broke up in a fit of giggles when we noticed our other co-worker (and younger) looking at us with pitty and saying "you two are just sad."

I'm getting a Blendtec for Christmas !!  I'm so flipping excited it's not funny. I love those things. the vendor was in the store doing demos for is last week - I fell in love.  Drool

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2013, 09:55:11 PM »
My best friend is also godmother to my youngest who at two is still very much attached to me, mostly because I'm a sahm so he sees me the most, and typically if I'm present he won't go to anyone else if he's upset or tired, up til the time he was 18 months old he was really kind of shy and didn't want to go to other people very much.

And then he met my best friend about 6 months ago and warmed up very quickly.  Heck, I still don't think I've seen him go to anyone that easily or let anyone else hold him for long if I'm present. 

Because she is his godmother, in his room I have a very sweet picture of the two of them framed, with her looking at him and him looking at the water with wonder and he recently started calling her "My (his nickname for her)".  That's the first time (well other than saying "MINE!") he's declared ownership of a person.  :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Pen^2

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »
This is kind of naughty on my part, but here we go:

During halloween, there were a few decorations about the place. Generic cartoony skeletons and pumpkins, mostly, with the odd spider. Pretty much entirely in large shops and supermarkets, since otherwise no-one does anything for it in this country. But one kid I teach got fixated on seeing a skeleton somewhere, and was teasing other kids by saying that a skeleton was hiding in their bedrooms and was going to "get" them, etc.

So I told the kid: "Did you know that there's a skeleton hiding in this very room?"
His face went pale. "Really?"
"Oh, yes. Would you like to know where it's hiding?"
Looking very nervous now. In a small voice, "... yes."
"It's hiding... inside you!"

He got half-way through a shriek before stopping, mouth still open, when he furrowed his brow and said, "Hang on a second..."

To see someone's expression change from screaming terror to "huh?" is probably one of the best things ever. He stopped bugging other kids after that, at least.

workingmum

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2013, 05:42:37 AM »
I had a friend come up to stay last weekend.... and he helped DD clean her room.... and it's stayed clean all week!!!! This makes me very very happy!!!!! My child is physically incapable of keeping anything tidy for anytime longer than about 3 seconds!
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

turtleIScream

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2013, 01:56:05 PM »
I had a friend come up to stay last weekend.... and he helped DD clean her room.... and it's stayed clean all week!!!! This makes me very very happy!!!!! My child is physically incapable of keeping anything tidy for anytime longer than about 3 seconds!

That's awesome! Now, who is this friend of yours, and any chance you could introduce us? ;)
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »
Hmm...I love playing in piles of leaves, had the chance to wallow in a pile this past week. :) I hyad to rake them back up, but dang! that was fun! :)

I love the chilly, gray days of November. There's just sometime about them that makes me happy and sad at the same time.

"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

cwm

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
I got to actually use my ice scraper! Everyone around here thinks I'm crazy, but I love the cold, I love piling five blankets onto my bed to sleep under, I love the rhythmic sound the ice scraper makes when it's clearing the windows. And I finally got to use it last night, first time this season! Frost gets removed with a squeegee, but this was honest-to-goodness ICE!!

Roads are clear today, no more snow/ice/anything expected for at least another week, but man, was that exciting!

workingmum

« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »

That's awesome! Now, who is this friend of yours, and any chance you could introduce us? ;)

nope - he's all mine!!  ;)
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

turtleIScream

« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »
I have a nephew that is very hard to shop for. He loves sports (especially U of M), he likes crazy accessories (socks, hipster glasses, keychains, etc.), and he's very tall with large feet. I found a pair of Michigan socks in extended sizes for men! I am stupidly crazy excited about this find.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2013, 12:15:41 PM »
UPS came in time for me to get my new ipad! I had ordered it the other day as a Happy Early Birthday to me gift. And had it sent to work since it SAID next week. But yesterday I got an emal saying it had shipped and would arrive today. Darn. we close at 2, and the mailroom says they don't come at any set time.

My CW went to her car, and told me she saw UPS. i thought she was teasing me, but nope, the mailroom called and my package is here!

But I cna't open it until i got home, clean, and start my cooking for tomrorow. But I'm so happy it came since i'm off all day friday from both jobs, and can play to my heart's content.

nayberry

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
i've been having a few more down days recently, so i go to youtube and watch steve kardynal's parodies,  i get a good giggle from them.

i'm also in 3 secret santas this year including a worldwide one, so am excited to see if the gifts are good guesses and what i'll end up with :)

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »
I'm almost 40% done with my very first novel!

It's not NaNoWriMo, and I've been working very, very slowly (my goal is 350 words a day, 5 days a week for a year). No idea if it's any good. But I keep going, and that's making me really glad.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning