Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 16967 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »
I was called out of work tonight. Due to being walloped all week with snow, business has been dismal. More snow us coming today, and whie not much us expected, towns are low on salt, and I have no clue how roads are. So while I could use the $$, I'm happier I don't have to go out. And that gives me a full 4 day weekend off from BOTH jobs. And the US beat Russia in hockey today, in a great game that ended in a shootout.

Octavia

« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »
I figured out the right way to put on my eye make-up thanks to a Youtube tutorial that explains the different eye shapes. It looks really good  ;)
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »
A perfect pear.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »
I figured out the right way to put on my eye make-up thanks to a Youtube tutorial that explains the different eye shapes. It looks really good  ;)

Octavia, can I ask which one? That's something I have a lot of trouble with myself.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Octavia

« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »

Octavia, can I ask which one? That's something I have a lot of trouble with myself.
It's this one by Smashbox - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ppo52SchAk . It makes things really simple. Once I figured out my eye shape (round), I looked up their tutorial for round eyes, grabbed my makeup bag and went to town.
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
I'm taking tomorrow off from work and Mrs.k2002 and I are going to Disneyland and having lunch at the Carthay Circle restaurant, all in honor of her birthday.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
A sunny day in the 60's :)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
Buying a new bed. I've been going back and forth with "Mine is 20 years old, and needs to be replaced" and "even though i got a nice bonus, and tax refund, do I really want to spend the money now?" finally got my behind in gear and looked at a couple, and bought one. Still a little leery since mine is a plain old innerspring and this, like all today, has foam, etc. worried it wont' be firm enough.

workingmum

« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2014, 04:27:13 AM »
My brother that i haven't seen in 6 months paid a surprise visit this weekend! He move interstate 6 months ago, but messaged me last night asking if he could crash at my house even though he would be arriving around 3am. I left the back oor open and a bed ready for him - DD and I tried to stay awake, but no chance :-) We had brekky together, he did his stuff and then we all had a late lunch together as well. Was sooooo good to see him!
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
Being treated to a glass of Windex.

Yesterday, we had lunch at a Greek place that we always enjoy.  There weren't many customers and the owner was in attendance. He's always very friendly and a bit of a prankster. Since the lunch business was slow and  we were semi-regulars, he offered a novelty drink after our meal.  We agreed to be beta testers. 

Cordial glasses were set out and we received a very tasty blue liquour served from something that looked almost exactly like a spray bottle of a glass cleaner.     

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
Heehee...was his name Gus? :)

My little happy thing is really more of a proud mama moment.  My Littlest pirate is about 2.5 and I've been working on manners with him, but haven't yet gotten to the "holding doors for people" lesson yet because many doors are either two heavy or the handles are still too high for him to reach.

This being doors in public, not really our home doors.  But one day we were leaving the house together and he opened the front door, stood beside it and waved me through it first, saying "Afoo you!" (after you) then closed it behind us.  I'm guessing he'd seen DH do that enough that he'd caught on. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

turtleIScream

« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2014, 05:17:47 PM »
I got stuck behind several city work trucks today.  It made me happy, because they were filling potholes! The big nasty one I hit this morning was gone by this afternoon!

mw8242

« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »
The new blowdry bar that opened in town. It's definitely not something I can do every week but I feel so amazing after they blow dry my hair with some curl. If I ever get rich I'm totally getting someone to do my hair daily. It's my best feature but such a pain to blow out every time.

gmatoy

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2014, 02:13:36 AM »
Heehee...was his name Gus? :)

My little happy thing is really more of a proud mama moment.  My Littlest pirate is about 2.5 and I've been working on manners with him, but haven't yet gotten to the "holding doors for people" lesson yet because many doors are either two heavy or the handles are still too high for him to reach.

This being doors in public, not really our home doors.  But one day we were leaving the house together and he opened the front door, stood beside it and waved me through it first, saying "Afoo you!" (after you) then closed it behind us.  I'm guessing he'd seen DH do that enough that he'd caught on. :)

Aaaahhhh! How sweet! I'm impressed that your DH is holding doors often enough for the little guy to copy!

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2014, 03:35:23 AM »
A silly thing but I was walking through the house and suddenly went "Laa Laa Lalalalala!" and my wife then sang from another room "We're just blankety blank blank" and then we both sang (in our respective rooms)  "No Good!".

I am very happy I met someone that knows the words to We're Despicible (Plunderer's March) Gave me a smile all day.