Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 40842 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:14 PM »
I had a friend and her two boys come up to my Dad's place to see the sugarbush yesterday.  We cooked hot dogs over the fire and sugared off (maple taffy on snow).  The kids had a blast collecting the sap, and fortunately, my friend brought extra clothes because the kids were soaked right through their snowpants.

I went to sleep with the smell of campfire in my hair last night.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

peach2play

« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:46 AM »
We took my b/f's 21 yr old brother out for a motorcycle ride on Saturday and I didn't feel like putting makeup on.  I asked my b/f if he was ok being seen with me with out makeup on.  He said, "You look phenomenal with your eyes done, but you don't need it."

This morning he came up to me and grabbed me and gave me lots of hugs and deep kisses.  He then said, "I just wanted to make sure you feel wanted."  He is incredible and I am so blessed.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2014, 12:09:21 PM »
My son loves his job and has such a sense of personal responsibility. At age 15, it makes me feel like I have done my job as a mom to get him to that point.

The fact that my family can be in the same room, doing our own things and just have music on and occasional conversation. Growing up, if we were home and awake the television was on. It's nice not to have that all the time.

heartmug

« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
Seems very silly, but a distant cousin (2nd cousin twice removed, something like that) tagged me this morning as an "Auntie" in her picture on facebook with the baby she just had.  Made my day!
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
I have an employee who works for me who is in a different country and our normal working hours only overlap by about 3 hours a day. Additionally, it is unusual to have someone at his level report directly to someone of at my level in the organization. I've wanted to build an open and accessible relationship with him that I enjoy with my other direct reports but I always noticed he was a little more formal in our interactions but I was seeing a little loosening up during the last 3 months.

This morning he sent me an instant message asking me to ignore an email he had sent on Friday. I responded back with a "I always ignore your emails" and a smiley face. He responded with a emoticon of one sticking it's tongue out. It made my day. 

Coralreef

« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »
Shoots from the tulips I planted last autumn are starting to peek out. 

[/right

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2014, 06:40:52 PM »
I managed to get home without DH and DS seeing or hearing me until I was coming up the inside stairs. Let's just say they were very surprised.

Of course, the side effect from getting out of class early is that I get to make dinner.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2014, 06:42:10 PM »
I have crocus blooming, right next the what's left of the snowbank.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

heartmug

« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »
Shoots from the tulips I planted last autumn are starting to peek out.

I wish mine would!
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Vall

« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2014, 02:04:41 PM »
We had an especially cold winter and have lost a lot of plants in our yard.  My DH and I were looking around the garden beds to see what made it through the winter.  There are some special plants that we've been anxious about whether they made it or not.

We saw shoots coming up!  Yeah!  That made me happy but what really made my day was my husband's response.  Imagine an large man in his mid-50's saying, "That's it!  I'm doing the Chandler dance" and he danced around like Chandler would in the sitcom Friends.  It looked so silly yet it warmed my heart.

magicdomino

« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
Waves of golden daffodils.  Maybe not tens of thousands on the shore of a lake, like in Whitman's poem, but there has to be a couple of hundred out in my back yard.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2014, 03:02:14 PM »
Waves of golden daffodils.  Maybe not tens of thousands on the shore of a lake, like in Whitman's poem, but there has to be a couple of hundred out in my back yard.

Same here. I love daffodils! :)

And this happened a couple weeks ago, but buying a train ticket to visit my best friend later this year.  :) It's been a while since we've had a visit with each other that meant just the gals hanging out.  :) Last few years it's been her coming to see us and while I'm not complaining about that, sometimes it's just nice to get some time away from the kids.  And she appreciates not being expected to be the one traveling.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2014, 03:19:53 PM »
Please may we have pictures of daffodils?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »
Here's a few I've taken recently:

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »
Lovely!

We had a sun dog today and several of my colleagues were freaking out over it. I was the only one who had seen one or knew what they were.

The one from today:

The one from Halloween 2013: