Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 40234 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2014, 02:31:13 PM »
We took my b/f's 21 yr old brother out for a motorcycle ride on Saturday and I didn't feel like putting makeup on.  I asked my b/f if he was ok being seen with me with out makeup on.  He said, "You look phenomenal with your eyes done, but you don't need it."

This morning he came up to me and grabbed me and gave me lots of hugs and deep kisses.  He then said, "I just wanted to make sure you feel wanted."  He is incredible and I am so blessed.

Oooh, this is slick! (in a good way, though)  What a beautiful way to say that.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
The weather.  It is beautiful weather here now, and we can leave windows open all the time. 
Fresh air makes me happy.  But, sun and wind don't. 

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »
...  I was jokingly asking how he'd feel when I'm 70 years old and wrinkled and he said "Still beautiful."

I found a good'un. :)

Well, being that both my husband and I are already in our 70's, we've had kind of that same conversation.  We've decided that it is a blessing that our eyesight has probably deteriorated just enough ... not too much that we can't still pass the vision test to get our driver's licenses renewed, but just enough to soften the wrinkles enough to allow us to still think each other is cute!   ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
My study group for a very hard class on the last day of finals. We are all tired, half brain dead, and trying to go through a list of terms and things that would be on the exam.

Occasionally one of the other students would just wail how bad she was going to do and I told her no, she studied and she would do fine. Finally, I started having T-Rex arms every time she got overwhelmed and now that is an anthropology senior class meme. There was one moment during the exam where I was struggling, thought T-Rex arms and went on.

It is now a regular thing.  ;D

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »
...  I was jokingly asking how he'd feel when I'm 70 years old and wrinkled and he said "Still beautiful."

I found a good'un. :)

Well, being that both my husband and I are already in our 70's, we've had kind of that same conversation.  We've decided that it is a blessing that our eyesight has probably deteriorated just enough ... not too much that we can't still pass the vision test to get our driver's licenses renewed, but just enough to soften the wrinkles enough to allow us to still think each other is cute!   ;D

There was a elderly gentleman who went to my mom's church who used to tell both of us that we got more beautiful every time he saw us. Said elderly gentleman's eyesight was also gradually deteriorating.  :P My mom used to tease that he only thought we were more beautiful because he was getting blinder!  ;D

peach2play

« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
We took my b/f's 21 yr old brother out for a motorcycle ride on Saturday and I didn't feel like putting makeup on.  I asked my b/f if he was ok being seen with me with out makeup on.  He said, "You look phenomenal with your eyes done, but you don't need it."

This morning he came up to me and grabbed me and gave me lots of hugs and deep kisses.  He then said, "I just wanted to make sure you feel wanted."  He is incredible and I am so blessed.

Oooh, this is slick! (in a good way, though)  What a beautiful way to say that.

Yep, he is an amazing man.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2014, 02:15:51 PM »
I just got back from the framers with five pictures we bought on our last trip to New Orleans. We had wandered into this artist's gallery on a previous trip and bought three pictures that time around.

I've linked to the pictures. They are all photographs of painted bodies and backgrounds -- no Photoshop. Warning: Although painted, there is a lot of obvious nudity and this style is not to everyone's taste.

I could only find four of them from our current set:
Engage
Darkness
Chosen One
Rose

This is the only one from our previous set that were up on the web site: Winter

One of the things that we like is that his models are ordinary people -- not professional models and many don't fit conventional standards of beauty. Finally, a video about how he works.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2014, 09:09:40 AM »
I love Engage.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
I love Engage.

Me, too. So much that we splurged on a limited edition (1 of 5) print.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2014, 10:49:45 AM »
Bought a gorgeous dress for my cruise in August. Not to toot my own horn, but its stunning. and the way the top is structured, it enhances the top, if you get my drift.  I also ordered it in a smaller size, as the cruise isn't for several months, and I plan to lose some more weight.

this one in pink. its just so flattering,a dn will be perfect for one of hte formal nights.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/sangria-sleeveless-keyhole-gown?ID=913558&CategoryID=5449#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D14%26kws%3Dsangria%26slotId%3D4

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2014, 02:11:26 PM »
I love that. I am looking for a similar dress in ivory to be worn for occasions and as a Greek goddess at costume parties.

I'm very sad that my school schedule prohibits me from cruising this year.   :(

turtleIScream

« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
I was walking to an appointment, and someone behind me said, "Hey, I love your shoes!" When I looked around to see if she meant me, she said, "Of course I'm talking to you. Those shoes are fabulous!" I was especially pleased because I have historically been terrible about choosing fashionable footwear.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2014, 08:04:36 PM »
I finally got the dratted computer I built to boot up and quit giving me fits!

...I'm still not sure why it utterly refused to boot up without a keyboard plugged in, but hey, it works now!
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2014, 09:36:22 PM »
I finally got the dratted computer I built to boot up and quit giving me fits!

...I'm still not sure why it utterly refused to boot up without a keyboard plugged in, but hey, it works now!

Congratulations!  Maybe you can build one for all of us and give Apple and Microsoft a run for their money!   ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
We'll build them together!