Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 47906 times)

Carotte

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »
I showed a little girl (I'd say 9/10) the inside of the notebook she was looking at and got to tell her they were only 25c, she thanked me and I saw her later running to her mom exclaiming that they were only 25c!. Then she came to my till with two notebooks and a 50c coin.
So cute  ;D and polite and all, she was even the one to ask me questions after that on behalf of her mother.

There was also the cutest little purse dog who sat quietly with his owner while his wife (the owner's, not the dog's :P) was browsing around. Just the little head with the big ears full of hair was peaking out. A Papillon google tells me.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »
My DS was appointed chair of a committee for a weekend event in the spring! For being 16, having worked 3 years as summer camp staff, this is a big deal, since many older youth were up for the appointment.

HorseFreak

« Reply #392 on: June 29, 2014, 09:07:31 PM »
I finished my first 5K, a trail run, after starting C25K only 8.5 weeks before! It was a total blast even though I came in nearly last at 44 minutes. I still won an age group medal for being 3/5 in my group. I've never run a mile in my life, but Couch to 5K made it almost easy to work up to.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2014, 08:44:15 AM »
I like trail runs/walks much better, more things to look at.

Cherry91

« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
A few days ago, my kitty jumped up on my bed, cuddled up with me for a bit and then gave me a nose kiss. He has never done this before ever, so it was a real surprise.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »
Mocha has suddenly decided she is a lap cat. She likes to sleep on DH while he is sleeping in the recliner while pretending to read.  ;)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
We were at Costco yesterday and someone had spilled a big container of strawberries in the parking lot.
Someone pointed out that the mess was increased by people driving through the pile with cars and carts.

A woman came out, saw the Costco employee sweeping up the mess and exclaimed "It was a drive by fruiting!"

I called back "Thank you Mrs. Doubtfire!"

We both burst out laughing. It was a totally random fun moment.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
I have a few scoop necked tops in my wardrobe that looked awesome in the fitting room but are apparently way too low-cut when you actually wear them and, you know, move around.  So they've just hung there in the closet and I look at them sadly on occasion.

Yesterday I was in the store and saw a woman wearing a top very much like one I have - and she was wearing a thin tank top underneath it in a complementary colour!  Her cleavage was covered and she looked great.

Guess what I'm wearing now!  :-)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:23 PM »
^That's a standard for me, I found beautiful and durable camisoles at Wal-mart of all places for $4 each. I have a rainbow.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2014, 11:55:29 PM »
I have a few scoop necked tops in my wardrobe that looked awesome in the fitting room but are apparently way too low-cut when you actually wear them and, you know, move around.  So they've just hung there in the closet and I look at them sadly on occasion.

Yesterday I was in the store and saw a woman wearing a top very much like one I have - and she was wearing a thin tank top underneath it in a complementary colour!  Her cleavage was covered and she looked great.

Oh yes, camisoles are a must.  I'm not particularly blessed in the chest, but I'm not comfortable with low cut tops in the office

I get mine from H&M, or walmart.  they are super cheap and come in many many colors.  I probably have about 20 in various colors. 

gmatoy

« Reply #400 on: July 11, 2014, 02:27:38 AM »

Oh yes, camisoles are a must.  I'm not particularly blessed in the chest, but I'm not comfortable with low cut tops in the office

I get mine from H&M, or walmart.  they are super cheap and come in many many colors.  I probably have about 20 in various colors.

Thanks ladies for the shopping ideas!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
While we are on the subject, Walmart also has sleeveless v-neck tops that make great layering pieces. They have a pretty lace inset around the neckline. I think they are $5 each. I have 5.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #402 on: July 11, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
Dancing with myself.

The aerobics annex of our base gym is open even when classes aren't in session, so I had my own mini Zumba session today. If they have cameras in that section, someone got a good laugh.  ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

creativecat

« Reply #403 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
I successfully did a Jillian Michaels workout dvd this week and was able to walk afterward.

I balanced my checkbook and paid bills as planned.

My dogs - they are goofy as heck.

magicdomino

« Reply #404 on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:42 PM »
Building management had ice cream for the tenants.   :D