News:

• April 24, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 538056 times)

F_L_O

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #480 on: September 11, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
This morning, my STBX (he left me this spring, and we are legally separated but have remained friends) informed me he is going to start seeing someone else. I was happy for him, and also somewhat relieved. I felt he was sending me mixed signals that he wanted to get back together, but to tell the truth, our split is actually good for both of us.

Thipu1

« Reply #481 on: September 11, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »
We had the cemetery walk last night and the accordionists were wonderful! 

While we walked into the place, they played 'St. James Infirmary'.

When the full moon came out, they played 'Blue Moon'. 

In a section devoted to Civil War casualties they played 'Battle Cry of Freedom' and 'Dixie'. 

The last stop on the tour was Battle Hill.  The site offers beautiful views of Manhattan and a statue of Minerva saluting the Statue of Liberty.  As we walked out, the accordionists played 'New York, New York'. 

The lecture was very informative and the music helped keep a large group together in the dark.

All in all,  it was delightful. 

jpcher

« Reply #482 on: September 11, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »
I pulled into a parking space this morning at work and glanced down at my odometer.

I have 56789.0 miles on my car.

I know, it's silly. But it made me giggle. ;D

andi

« Reply #483 on: September 11, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
Hubby and Boo are gone for the weekend. I don't work tomorrow!!  I have the house to myself for 3 days

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
I pulled into a parking space this morning at work and glanced down at my odometer.

Well, then call me silly!  I love when numbers turn out like that.  :)

gramma dishes

« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »

We just had a similar experience.  We pulled into the garage, turned the car off and noticed that the mileage was exactly precisely 50,000.00 and we smiled too.   :)

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #486 on: September 12, 2014, 04:52:21 PM »
My goat shed has been renovated, finally.

Captains Flat, Australia

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #487 on: September 13, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »
My birthday is tomorrow and my husband is taking me out to dinner tonight to celebrate.

We are going here: http://thebothy.ca/

I have been wanting to try it for months and I am tickled that we finally get to go!

Husband is equally happy because he is a Scotch Whiskey aficionado. He says he feels kind of bad because going there is going to be such a treat for him too. He feels like *he's* the one getting a special event instead of me. I think we are both going to have an awesome time!
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »
Just got two packages for some cosplay items.

1) A "gambler" hat from the Gentleman's Emporium.
2) A beautiful cotton band-collar shirt with two detachable collars, from Cattle Kate
3) A "Sunday go to meeting" tie (Cattle Kate)
4) New suspenders (Cattle Kate.)

We're going out later today to pick out material for trousers, vest and a frock coat.

Pictures, please!

Updated in the photos thread. No frock coat, though. We didn't get to that one, and had to purchase a vest.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:55:50 AM by artk2002 »
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

lady_disdain

• Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
Thanks, Artk. I am heading over to see them.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »
Finding the perfect cruise, at a good price, that fits our schedules!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »
Finding the (retrospectively obvious) way to keep my sleep mask in place at night. A while back I got in the habit of wearing a sleep mask to block out the light coming through my window. I just got a new 100%-silk mask, and it's quite slippery, so the first couple of nights it was sliding off way too easily. It finally dawned on me that I could put the elastic band under my pigtails and it couldn't slip off. Works like a charm, and is quite comfortable. Now why did it take me so long to realize this?  ::) :)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2014, 06:33:21 PM »
I bought room darkening curtains because I can't have anything touch my head when I am sleeping.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »
I bought room darkening curtains because I can't have anything touch my head when I am sleeping.

When I originally tried the sleep mask, I was worried that having something on my face would bug me. Strangely enough, I found I actually like having something over the top half of my face when I sleep.

All I can think is that it's a holdover from when I was a kid and pulling my head under the covers was the ultimate protection from monsters in the dark--if you can't see the monsters, they can't see you, you know?  ;D My childhood bedroom had a lot of weird corners with potentially monster-concealing shadows, plus a non-latching closet door, and I had a very vivid imagination, so I used the covers protection "magic" a lot--guess I got used to it. :P