News:

• April 19, 2018, 06:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534172 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #525 on: October 05, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
This is the first hint of Fall for Florida. 79 F is the high. All the windows are open. The kittens are enjoying the porch.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #526 on: October 05, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »
This is the first hint of Fall for Florida. 79 F is the high. All the windows are open. The kittens are enjoying the porch.

Same at my house. It is beautiful. The kitties are quite enjoying the Florida room.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

allthelittledaisies

« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
I finally found the time to re-pot my houseplants! I am very happy, and they're probably happy too. Big new pots AND they're spending time on the balcony! Yay, the inside plants are outside plants today! I love my plants. I want more. They need friends.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #528 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »
Our women's chorus was at a 5K walk this weekend (we had a booth and sang the national anthem). "All About the Bass" came on the sound system during the milling-around period.

The sopranos started singing "No Treble!" an octave up.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #529 on: October 07, 2014, 09:44:50 AM »
I had a terrible cold last weekend (that's not the happy part!) and my DH babied me. It was really nice to be taken care of. Made me feel very loved!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

mandycorn

« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »
I just upgraded my phone from iOS6 to iOS8 (it's a work phone so they needed the older operating system version for testing) and so I'm just experiencing some of the new animations that were added for iOS7.

What's making me smile now is my jack o lantern wall paper fades in and out, like the Disney Cheshire Cat, when I touch a button.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Hmmmmm

« Reply #531 on: October 09, 2014, 02:54:18 PM »
We do not have an overly large family on either side. On my side, my 3 nieces and nephews are between 34 & 28 and those 3 grew up living on opposite sides of the country.DH's side has two which are  5 & 3. My kids are 20 & 17 so not a lot of opportunities for them to have "close" cousins who are same age. Last weekend at a family get together, my sis and I were kind of whining about how it's been 2 years since all of our kids were together. My sister's DIL overheard us.

Today my sisters and I received a photo-shopped photo of all 5 of our kids together. Sweet Niece-In-Law had contacted each of our kids and asked them to send a recent photo of themselves they liked and she cropped/photo shopped them together. Even my grumpy 17 year old complied. I love my new niece in law.

turtleIScream

« Reply #532 on: October 09, 2014, 04:25:24 PM »
We do not have an overly large family on either side. On my side, my 3 nieces and nephews are between 34 & 28 and those 3 grew up living on opposite sides of the country.DH's side has two which are  5 & 3. My kids are 20 & 17 so not a lot of opportunities for them to have "close" cousins who are same age. Last weekend at a family get together, my sis and I were kind of whining about how it's been 2 years since all of our kids were together. My sister's DIL overheard us.

Today my sisters and I received a photo-shopped photo of all 5 of our kids together. Sweet Niece-In-Law had contacted each of our kids and asked them to send a recent photo of themselves they liked and she cropped/photo shopped them together. Even my grumpy 17 year old complied. I love my new niece in law.

That is so sweet!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #533 on: October 09, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »
My long-lost cousin found me on fb. I'm thrilled by this cause it's like: "where have you been my entire life?"

Captains Flat, Australia

andi

« Reply #534 on: October 09, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »
Hockey season!

Hawks -n- Stars tonight. Our house is divided.  Go teams.

spookycatlady

« Reply #535 on: October 10, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
I got to text with my nephew the other night.  He enjoyed the pictures of my derpy cat.  ;D

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #536 on: October 10, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
I'm getting a pony!!!  Squeeeee!!!!

He's a small grey rescue, has had a lot of problems with his back legs, but a farrier has been treating him and he's much improved now.  He'll never be rideable though.  Apparently he's a very sweet natured little chap, follows his current guardian around the garden all the time, comes when called, and is very  bright and curious.

My place is a half-acre, just big enough to keep the little fellow with supplemental hay and feeding.  There's enough room for him to run around and I've got a couple of sheds where he'll be sheltered over winter when needed.

I can't wait to meet little Bondi!

(And now I regret giving away my old cast-iron bath tub - it would have made a great horse trough.)

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

ladyknight1

« Reply #537 on: October 11, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
I am so jealous! Please post pictures of him once he's home and settled.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #538 on: October 11, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »
My cousin sent me the family Bible from my father's side of the family. My dad had thought it was lost. It turns out that my grandmother and aunt left it with some friends when they left Vienna. The friends brought it back to my aunt a few years ago. My aunt has since passed away and my cousin thought that the Bible should stay with the part of the family that still carries the name. I now have family Bibles from both my father's and mother's sides. Beautiful old books. I now have to look into how to preserve these.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

ladyknight1

« Reply #539 on: October 11, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
My cousin sent me the family Bible from my father's side of the family. My dad had thought it was lost. It turns out that my grandmother and aunt left it with some friends when they left Vienna. The friends brought it back to my aunt a few years ago. My aunt has since passed away and my cousin thought that the Bible should stay with the part of the family that still carries the name. I now have family Bibles from both my father's and mother's sides. Beautiful old books. I now have to look into how to preserve these.

That is the coolest thing I have read in a long time. I will get both sides from my mom when she's ready for them to come to me.
-J.R.R Tolkien