News:

• April 19, 2018, 01:23:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534406 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #585 on: November 12, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
I finally published my book on Amazon, and sold my first real copy this morning (like a human paid actual money for it). I'm just giddy all over!

Woo! Hoo!  ;D

Would you please send a link to your book? I'd love to check it out.

(My apologies if you've written about your book elsewhere on this site, this is the first I'm hearing/reading about it.)

I've asked the mods about the right way to handle this related to another thread. I don't want to be shilling like some kind of hinky...shill.  But thanks for the woo-hoo!

There's nothing stopping you from posting your pen name, is there
?  Amazon has a search feature.  ;D

Silly things that make me happy:  I finally have shoes that fit!  Like, correctly!  And get this... they're marked as wide, and they are wide!!  I'm a whole two shoe sizes smaller than I thought I was!  (Can you tell I've always hated shoes and my feet?)

I've put my blog address in my signature, and thanks for asking!

I'll confess, mystery is not my genre, but I'm a writer wannabe, so I wish you nothing but the best of luck!  I hope this leads to many more.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #586 on: November 12, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
DH sent me flowers for my birthday. They arrived at my office yesterday; my birthday is tomorrow. He said he sent them early so that the other ladies in the office would have time to see them and get jealous!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

turtleIScream

« Reply #587 on: November 12, 2014, 02:43:06 PM »
A few weeks ago, I was in a shop in a touristy town several hours away, and found something that my stepmom would love. I didn't have my wallet with me, and didn't make a point to go back later. I've been kicking myself ever since, because I can't stop thinking how perfect a gift that would have been. I checked online, but couldn't find it (local vendors selling hand crafted goods). I went shopping today, and saw that our local mall has a new pop up store selling local hand crafted items. I went in, and found exactly what I was looking for! The two shop owners are friends, and pass along vendor information to each other to reach different markets.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Thipu1

« Reply #588 on: November 14, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »
This isn't really little but, in a way, it was.

Our recent cruise featured the 'Hot Glass Show'.  Artisans from the Corning Museum of Glass give exhibitions of glass blowing.  The show lasts two hours and five or six objects are made during the show.  After most shows tickets are distributed to people who attend and an object made the day before is given away in a sort of raffle. 

We went to the show on the day after Mr. Thipu's birthday.  Guess what?  He won the raffle and we have a lovely platter signed and dated by the glass-blower.  We never win anything in raffles and this piece would probably retail for at least 125 USD.

It was an unexpected and lovely birthday gift.     

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #589 on: November 14, 2014, 10:30:21 AM »
A few various things:

1) That my preteen and teen boys feel comfortable talking to me about their interests in girls.  I try not to tease them (much) about it so that they'll keep doing that. I picked them up after an extra curricular the other day and the middle boy said "See that girl in that coat and hat? She's the one I was telling you about." :)

Though one of them said "Mom, you only had one boyfriend, how are you actually qualified to give romantic advice?" I reminded him that his father and I have been married 14 years and dated 2 years before that, and you don't make it 16 years with someone without learning some valuable lessons.  He took that as a valid point. :) That and pointing out that I still had more experience than he does.

2) When Middle Pirate took the box our washing machine came in and made a Thomas the Tank Engine out of the box for the youngest to play in.

3) When DH brings me good chocolate "just because". :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

magicdomino

« Reply #590 on: November 15, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
A few weeks ago, I found in the back of a drawer a $30 gift card for Home Depot.  This morning, I was flipping through Home Depot's advertisement circular, and found this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gemmy-3-5-ft-LED-Inflatable-Outdoor-Darth-Vader-34782/205081165?N=5yc1vZc3rx

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #591 on: November 15, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
There's a disgruntled peewee perched on my hammock frame, sheltering from the rain under our verandah roof. It's puffed up into a little black-and-white feathered ball, peeping at the top of its lungs to tell all the other wet peewees that this is its spot, everyone else can go find their own.  ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

PastryGoddess

« Reply #592 on: November 15, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »
A few weeks ago, I found in the back of a drawer a $30 gift card for Home Depot.  This morning, I was flipping through Home Depot's advertisement circular, and found this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gemmy-3-5-ft-LED-Inflatable-Outdoor-Darth-Vader-34782/205081165?N=5yc1vZc3rx

It's like a sign or something :D

dawnfire

« Reply #593 on: November 15, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »

I'd be tempted to go whole hog and get the Yoda and the rd-d2 and c3po.

It's like a sign or something :D
Whittlesea Victoria

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #594 on: November 18, 2014, 02:30:18 PM »
Paul Bettany shows us the polite way to smack down a troll. (NSFW)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:43:01 PM by Miss Misery »

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #595 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:48 PM »
I will be buying Lord Vader and then buy the rest after Christmas!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

magicdomino

« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
And Lord Vader is mine!  Bwa-ha-ha-ha.  This is especially great because I have a bit of money crunch right now, and there is no money for nuthin'.  If Yoda is still available in late December, I may get him.  At $80, the robots will have to go half-price.

Thipu1

« Reply #597 on: November 21, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »
This morning, Mr. Thipu made me giggle.

I was working on my morning crossword when when he came in and said, 'Don't be alarmed if you hear cannon fire.'

Today is the 50th anniversary of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.  There are old forts on both sides  and there was to be a salute fired in honor of the occasion. 

You must admit, a warning about cannon fire isn't what you expect on a quiet Friday morning in Brooklyn. 

andi

« Reply #598 on: November 22, 2014, 07:02:41 PM »
Watching the original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with Boo snuggled up on the sofa

turtleIScream

« Reply #599 on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »
We went to my favourite restaurant yesterday, and they treated us like regulars! Best part was when they brought us boxes to wrap up leftovers, they also brought a bag of freshly baked bread to take home. Yum!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh