News:

• April 19, 2018, 06:59:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534173 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #780 on: February 21, 2015, 10:46:26 PM »
I was able to go to a Forensic Science presentation with Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. Kathy Reichs and Dr. Jan Garavaglia. Dr. Lee started his talk by telling us he really wasn't Dr. Lee, that he was another Chinese man that owns a buffet. Dr. G started hers by having us all stand up, since we had been sitting for at least an hour to make sure we wouldn't end up in her morgue.  8)
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

PastryGoddess

« Reply #781 on: February 21, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »
I was able to go to a Forensic Science presentation with Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. Kathy Reichs and Dr. Jan Garavaglia. Dr. Lee started his talk by telling us he really wasn't Dr. Lee, that he was another Chinese man that owns a buffet. Dr. G started hers by having us all stand up, since we had been sitting for at least an hour to make sure we wouldn't end up in her morgue.  8)

How funny

I met Dr. G somewhat randomly at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.  I don't know why she was here and I didn't bother asking, but it was the first time I'd ever gone up to a celebrity and asked for a picture.  She was very nice. 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #782 on: February 21, 2015, 11:10:46 PM »

So jealous!

ladyknight1

« Reply #783 on: February 23, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
Received the "more information" email from the field school I am attending and I don't have to share a room. I am very happy about that.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

BeagleMommy

« Reply #784 on: February 25, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
DH sent me a very sweet, mushy poem this morning to my work email.  It made me feel all gooey inside.

ladyknight1

« Reply #785 on: February 25, 2015, 02:12:48 PM »
Our intern has an adorable 9 month old daughter and her pictures make me happy.
-J.R.R Tolkien

ladyknight1

« Reply #786 on: February 27, 2015, 08:16:23 AM »
The Florida Strawberry Festival and MercyMe in concert!
-J.R.R Tolkien

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #787 on: February 27, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »
My LittleBrother, having finished a painful and messy divorce, is getting married.  :D

LittleBro and his fiancée had to book their destination several months ago, so the date is not changeable. (They are having a very small destination wedding with just the two of them and my nieces.)

Unfortunately for LittleBro, his youngest daughter has a major scheduling conflict with the wedding date.
Young niece is in dance and has performed internationally in the past. She has a major performance/event on that date and can't attend the wedding.
(If there are other reasons, it's none of my business and I don't want to know.)

So since the airfare is paid for along with the resort and room, LittleBrother suggested Eldest Niece invite a friend along.

Eldest Niece invited DragonSon.  :)

So my youngest will be getting an all expenses paid trip to a tropical destination to hang out with his cousin and attend his uncle's wedding.
(We are going to make sure he has money to pay for his meals etc!)

I am thrilled for him - and insanely jealous that he gets to spend a week on a tropical beach and I have to stay home!  ;)
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #788 on: February 27, 2015, 07:45:20 PM »
I found an awesome deal on a crazy cute suitcase. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #789 on: February 27, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »

Tell me more, tell me more!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #790 on: February 27, 2015, 08:04:07 PM »

Tell me more, tell me more!

Amazon.  Though there were some pretty awesome deals on Overstock and nomorerack as well.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

« Reply #791 on: February 27, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »
My much overdue pedicure is now done! I chose OPI Plugged in Plum, picture of the color below.

It's a little sparklier than the picture shows.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #792 on: February 28, 2015, 01:41:53 AM »
That's a gorgeous color, ladyknight! I think I have one similar to that.

I've drawn something for the first time in almost a year. I think the medication I'm now on for my hand pain is working!
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

andi

« Reply #793 on: February 28, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »
Kmy son (age 10) learned an awesome life lesson today on never giving up, not getting discouraged and listening to his mother

A month ago he got his biggest Lego set ever almost $150, for his birthday. He immediately started on it and got about half way done in about 2 days. Then he had a sleep over and it got knocked over and broke. Well that made the world end, it was ruined and he'd never be able to fix it

I've been trying to get him to sit down and walk through the steps to get back to where he was - but no. It was ringed, it could not be fixed. He quit watchin TV upstairs and hanging out in that room. Today I finally told him he wasn't getting any more toys until he finished tha t Lego sr. Cue tears and drama. 

so I got the biggest cutting board we own and took it upstairs, had him move the "big chunck" pieces over to it and start walking me through what was missing or broken while I reorganized the bags of pieces and read through the book. In less than 10 minutes, he had everything back to where he was was it tipped over. Two hours later he's almost done

Perseverance my child. It pays off.

Awestruck Shmuck

« Reply #794 on: February 28, 2015, 10:16:28 PM »
Kmy son (age 10) learned an awesome life lesson today on never giving up, not getting discouraged and listening to his mother

A month ago he got his biggest Lego set ever almost $150, for his birthday. He immediately started on it and got about half way done in about 2 days. Then he had a sleep over and it got knocked over and broke. Well that made the world end, it was ruined and he'd never be able to fix it

I've been trying to get him to sit down and walk through the steps to get back to where he was - but no. It was ringed, it could not be fixed. He quit watchin TV upstairs and hanging out in that room. Today I finally told him he wasn't getting any more toys until he finished tha t Lego sr. Cue tears and drama. 

so I got the biggest cutting board we own and took it upstairs, had him move the "big chunck" pieces over to it and start walking me through what was missing or broken while I reorganized the bags of pieces and read through the book. In less than 10 minutes, he had everything back to where he was was it tipped over. Two hours later he's almost done

Perseverance my child. It pays off.

Oh andi, this is going to sound so silly, but your post made me tear up a little. My dad came over on Friday, and helped me sort out some metaphorical (emotional and practical) Lego of my own - and I've been feeling relieved all weekend, but nervous about starting things up again. If your little man can do it, I know I have to try. thank you for your good news xx