News:

• April 26, 2018, 02:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 539504 times)

jpcher

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #810 on: March 03, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Lazy procrastinator me forgot to pay her property taxes. :-[ Well, it was in the back of my mind but there was this squirrel . . .

On my way home from work today there was a news story about the on-line website payment option for taxes being inundated with people who waited till the last minute to pay and there were so many complaints because everybody was getting error messages.

Woo! Hoo! #1 Taxes are due today! ;D I thought they were due last Friday! WIN!

I figured I could get home, write the check and get back to my bank before it closed in time to pay. I passed by my bank on the way home and there was quite a line in the drive-through.

So I decided to try the on-line payment. (I'm pretty sure this was the first year that this was an option.)

Woo! Hoo! #2 it went through the first time, no problem! ;D

So I'm a happy cam . . . Oh! Look! SQUIRREL!

turtleIScream

« Reply #811 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »
It got above freezing today.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #812 on: March 04, 2015, 12:44:15 AM »
Happy and sad:

It might snow/ice here on Wed night/Thu morning.

Happy because I just went grocery shopping and have ingredients to make a pot roast and homemade brownies. I've been on a cooking jag lately and love to bake when it's cold out.

Sad because the weather may postpone my 2nd post op ortho appt (I need meds and have questions about when I can go back to work) and we are supposed to go out of town to get our tattoos worked on. I'm ready to get my sleeve finished!

Benni

« Reply #813 on: March 04, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
DH bought a Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix and cream cheese frosting on Saturday.  I made it on Sunday, and just ate the last delicious piece.  AND it was gluten free, yay I can eat cake.  (Picture me dancing in the baking aisle of the grocery store filling my cart with GF cake mixes.)

*For those who are not GF, it is not hard to eat good tasting foods with everything except baked goods.  GF baked goods are really expensive and generally fall far short of expectations, read that as really, really bad.

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #814 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »
On Sunday, my beloved MIL and FIL stopped off for a visit on their way to Florida. Yay! We love them!
Today, they left.
Yay! I have my house back!
When I was younger I did not understand how you could feel both of those things quite sincerely. I spent a lot more time feeling guilty.
Yay! Not guilty!

daen

« Reply #815 on: March 04, 2015, 07:00:11 PM »
On Sunday, my beloved MIL and FIL stopped off for a visit on their way to Florida. Yay! We love them!
Today, they left.
Yay! I have my house back!
When I was younger I did not understand how you could feel both of those things quite sincerely. I spent a lot more time feeling guilty.
Yay! Not guilty!

Congrats - that's an achievement!

heartmug

« Reply #816 on: March 05, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
Good for you!  Yes, I feel no guilt too.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #817 on: March 06, 2015, 01:52:41 AM »
Yesterday I made pot roast for the very first time.  ;D

Usually I don't like it because it always seems to have carrots in it and I can't stand cooked carrots. It finally dawned on me that *I* don't have to put them in mine (duh), so I didn't. DH was still complementing me on it today.  :)

I also made some ridiculously good brownies from scratch.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #818 on: March 06, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
^Woo hoo!

I checked for grades from our midterm before leaving work yesterday, but didn't see anything posted. After arriving at class, a classmate asked me what my grade was. Both he and I have been present at every class meeting and very active in classroom conversation and lecture. I looked it up and I had a 93/100. I told him. He was surprised as he only got an 84.  >:D

Part of his lower grade may be due to the amount of time he spends flirting with the young woman who sits next to him.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Mustard

« Reply #819 on: March 06, 2015, 07:13:06 AM »
I saw a little teapot in the shape of a cauliflower in the village charity shop on Wednesday.  I didn't buy it.... and wished I had - but it was still there today (Friday) and I paid the princely sum of £2.50 for it.  The crocuses, snowdrops and hellebores are in bloom, the daffodils are almost there, and the sun is shining in a blue sky.  All is well in Mustard's world today.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #820 on: March 06, 2015, 07:33:03 AM »
I saw my family that walks this morning.  One of the twin boys was way ahead of the rest of the family and just as I passed, he turned around and raised his arms in exasperation, I'm sure saying, 'C'mon'.  Started my day off with a smile and a laugh.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #821 on: March 06, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »
I saw a little teapot in the shape of a cauliflower in the village charity shop on Wednesday.  I didn't buy it.... and wished I had - but it was still there today (Friday) and I paid the princely sum of £2.50 for it.  The crocuses, snowdrops and hellebores are in bloom, the daffodils are almost there, and the sun is shining in a blue sky.  All is well in Mustard's world today.

What a good day! It makes me feel happy just to read it.

Usually by early March, in southcentral Kentucky USA, We start seeing the tips of the daffodil leaves breaking through the ground. We've had 2 big snow storms within the past month. So our daffodils are delayed this year.

mandycorn

« Reply #822 on: March 06, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
During my morning drive into work today I was stopped at a traffic light and noticed in my rearview mirror that the car behind me had two high school aged young men in it. One of them was fiddling with an iPod and then apparently found their jam because they both began singing along to the song quite enthusiastically. They were really getting into it, both singing different parts, along with head banging and air guitar. It reminded me of all the times I used to rock out in the car with my girlfriends on Saturday nights during high school and college, cruising around together.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #823 on: March 06, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »
Yesterday was the pets' annual check up.

Our senior cat, at age 20, doesn't get vaccinated any more, but we are monitoring his weight and what not as he is showing signs of early kidney disease.

Good news is that the new diet (a senior mix and all the gooshy food he wants) must be working because his weight is finally stable (after two years of gradual loss).
Teeth aren't any worse and his quality of life is just fine.

Yes, he has seizures, but they are infrequent and are not causing any impairment or decline, so we're just keeping an eye on him.

I know that one of these days, he'll be gone, but it was good to know that he is healthy and happy.
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #824 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:23 PM »
Just got hired to do transcription at home. The pay is not top dollar, but it's entirely flexible as to how much work I want to take. This will be a big relief for some unexpected expenses, and it won't add a burden of arranging childcare/transport.  Yay!