News:

• April 20, 2018, 07:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 535219 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #900 on: March 23, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »
Met my boyfriend's parents and dogs on Saturday.  I knew the parents wouldn't be a problem but I was worried about the dogs.   ;D  By the time I left on Sunday?  Even the nursing mother with 4 week old puppies wasn't barking at me any more.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #901 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
My livestream got my first "non-inherited" regular yesterday! (I have been an ardent follower of a few other livestreams, and almost everyone who is a follower of mine is carried over from them.  Well, not anymore!)

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #902 on: March 23, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
I took Facebook off my phone and my tablet. I'm not on my regular computer much (paying bills, etc) so this is good. I've already noticed a difference because I'm reading more, just started "The Sandman Chronicles" again.

I've also started organizing my office. I'm debating getting rid of my acrylic paints because I haven't used them in about 2 years (keeping the brushes and unused canvases though) and I think they might be getting old drying out.

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #903 on: March 24, 2015, 08:07:56 AM »
I've been reading "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and doing the KonMari declutter on my clothes.
My drawers have stayed beautifully tidy for two weeks now. Last night I purged and re-arranged my handbags. Wow! Things actually *fit* on my closet shelf!

turtleIScream

« Reply #904 on: March 24, 2015, 09:10:50 AM »
My tulips are starting to poke up through the ground. And I can see ground, because all the snow melted!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

EllenS

• My Author Page:
« Reply #905 on: March 24, 2015, 09:12:16 AM »
My tulips are starting to poke up through the ground. And I can see ground, because all the snow melted!

Tulips make my heart dance.

chi2kcldy

« Reply #906 on: March 24, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
My company announced that Palazzo pants, in basic color and patterns, are allowed from April 1 until October 1. It may seem silly to some but I love Palazzo pants with a nice tunic top. I called my husband I was so happy about the email.  ;D

Last year HR claimed Palazzo pants were not business casual. Their claim was that Palazzo pants resembled pajama pants. 

In other news, Toms and shoes similar to Toms are still now allowed   Blah.  :(

Mustard

« Reply #907 on: March 24, 2015, 12:33:12 PM »

Tulips make my heart dance.

Me too!  My husband spent some time in Mozambique and flew home via Amsterdam.  He arrived with an armful of tulips; I had them in vases all over the house!  Luxury..

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #908 on: March 24, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
My company announced that Palazzo pants, in basic color and patterns, are allowed from April 1 until October 1. It may seem silly to some but I love Palazzo pants with a nice tunic top. I called my husband I was so happy about the email.  ;D

Last year HR claimed Palazzo pants were not business casual. Their claim was that Palazzo pants resembled pajama pants. 

I hate pajama pants in public with a passion... and I don't see it. What they *do* resemble, to me, is the kind of pants you find as part of a martial arts uniform.

EllenS

• My Author Page:
« Reply #909 on: March 24, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »

I hate pajama pants in public with a passion... and I don't see it. What they *do* resemble, to me, is the kind of pants you find as part of a martial arts uniform.

I must have a really different picture in my head of palazzo pants. What I use that term for, are very fitted at the top and upper thigh, and then bell or widen out from there. And most often in a dressy woven (not stretchy) fabric. So, not at all like pajamas or a gi.

They are very pretty and I wish I could still wear them without looking like a small office building!

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #910 on: March 24, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »

I must have a really different picture in my head of palazzo pants. What I use that term for, are very fitted at the top and upper thigh, and then bell or widen out from there. And most often in a dressy woven (not stretchy) fabric. So, not at all like pajamas or a gi.

They are very pretty and I wish I could still wear them without looking like a small office building!

I had to google palazzo pants. Based on the results, I think Diane may have been thinking of something like a kendo uniform

rather than a karate gi. However, I agree that they don't look like any pajama pants I'm familiar with.  :)

EllenS

• My Author Page:
« Reply #911 on: March 24, 2015, 01:54:21 PM »
Ah, yes!

magicdomino

« Reply #912 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »

I had to google palazzo pants. Based on the results, I think Diane may have been thinking of something like a kendo uniform

rather than a karate gi. However, I agree that they don't look like any pajama pants I'm familiar with.  :)

I kind of like those.  Might be pretty in a soft knit fabric that drapes well..

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #913 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »
That my university only asks we be dressed appropriately. They don't care about the specifics.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #914 on: March 24, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »

Well, the image I got for palazzo pants reminds me a lot of a karate gi:D