News:

• April 26, 2018, 02:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 539503 times)

siamesecat2965

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #960 on: April 02, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
I have a firm date as to when I can give notice and quit my second job! I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a year, and now am finally able to! I will have to cut way back on spending, and re-do a budget, and be much more frugal, but I think in the end, not being crazy with two jobs will make it all worth while.

Chip2

« Reply #961 on: April 02, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »
MsChip telling me I can't buy a 1966 Mustang for a project car.

I thought Mustang's came out in '67?

Are you happy because she was saying ""You can't buy a '66 because they didn't exist then, but you can have a '67?"  ;)

The first model year for Mustangs was 1964 1/2.

I'm happy because it won't cost me a few thousand dollars to buy the thing, then a few thousand more along with the time and effort to do a proper restoration job.

turtleIScream

« Reply #962 on: April 02, 2015, 01:29:36 PM »
iTunes refunded the $ from the movie my son accidentally bought. And my son seems okay with the electronics grounding and extra chores, so hopefully, he's learned his lesson.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #963 on: April 06, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »
I have a workmate! Ordered ages ago, it arrived today, it smells of paint and new varnish and it has already had cats all over it, but its going to make DIY so much easier. No more sawing on the steps!

ETA: Just realised it was delivered on a bank holiday. Now I am really happy.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #964 on: April 08, 2015, 08:06:17 AM »
On my drive to work this morning, as I passed a coworker's house, I saw a vehicle parked in front of the house.  Then I saw a yellow streak tearing across the front lawn and into the vehicle.

Coworker's parents were picking her dog up for a morning walk.  And Hank ran from the front door, right into the car.  I'm just glad that coworker's Dad got the door open in time!

Started the day off with a good chuckle.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #965 on: April 08, 2015, 08:36:28 AM »
^^^ Hee! One of my best friend's dogs will come tearing out the front door and fling himself into the car when I arrive. I'm not taking him anywhere - I never have taken him anywhere - he just really really loves visitors oh oh oh HI Auntie Mel YAY good to see you PAT ME I LOVE YOU LET ME SIT IN YOUR LAP ;D

Today's happy thing: iced tea syrup! Specifically, jasmine iced tea syrup. It's not a 'thing' here, this is the first I've ever seen; it's a new product made by my favourite tea shop and I picked up a bottle of it as a 'huh, looks interesting and is fairly cheap' thing. Made it up according to the directions (ice, a little syrup, can of fizzy lemonade), took a sip, and went "Huh, perhaps I need to use a bit more, I can't really taste anything diff-- oh there it is!" Yum! It's a lovely jasmine flavour, and oddly delayed, so every single mouthful goes 'lemonade - jasmine across the tongue! - lemonade'.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #966 on: April 08, 2015, 06:25:09 PM »
Roasted asparagus pizza.

Yesterday evening we were casually thinking that it was too bad the local pizzeria didn't have asparagus as a topping--not because other places do, just because I'd had asparagus soup the day before. And we walked in, and the seasonal special included roast asparagus, which they were happy to serve with other toppings since I didn't want the special.

So, not just something I wanted, but something I wanted and hadn't expected to get.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #967 on: April 08, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
Only two weeks of classes left! I graduate in one month!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #968 on: April 08, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »
Only two weeks of classes left! I graduate in one month!

Woohoo!   ;D
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mental Magpie

« Reply #969 on: April 09, 2015, 02:33:41 AM »
After months and months of despair, DH and I finally found a possibility that will satisfy all of our needs and not take an eon to accomplish.  It's about time.

Benni

« Reply #970 on: April 09, 2015, 09:05:38 PM »
On the freeway offramp by my house, there are often people with signs begging for money. 

Today there was a cute, clean, nicely dressed young man.  His sign said "I have a house, I have a job, can you use $5.00?"  He was walking up and down with money in his hand.  I didn't see anyone take him up, I smiled and waved at him, but I also have a house and a job so I didn't take his money. 

It gave me a big smile for a few hours.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #971 on: April 13, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »
I got to sail yesterday -- the first time in over a year. Got to see a bunch of my crew-mates as well. Work has been keeping me from doing much but I desperately needed the break and took the opportunity. I now ache everywhere, but it's a happy ache.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #972 on: April 13, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »
I purged my closet yesterday using the "Do I love this?" standard. Had the house to myself, so I put on music that I love but The Sweetie doesn't like*. Set out a big box.

Step one: remove clothes from closet. Put on bed or in box, depending on whether I love/don't love/defer decision it.

Step two: Dust & vacuum closet. Mount necklace hangar.

Step three: Put clothes back in closet, putting more stuff in box. Arrange clothes by jacket/shell/shirt/pants/fancy.

Took just over two hours. Got rid of half the clothes and 2/3 of the accessories, which we'll donate.

-------------
*Squirrel Nut Zippers, high volume.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #973 on: April 13, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »
I purged my closet yesterday using the "Do I love this?" standard. Had the house to myself, so I put on music that I love but The Sweetie doesn't like*. Set out a big box.

Step one: remove clothes from closet. Put on bed or in box, depending on whether I love/don't love/defer decision it.

Step two: Dust & vacuum closet. Mount necklace hangar.

Step three: Put clothes back in closet, putting more stuff in box. Arrange clothes by jacket/shell/shirt/pants/fancy.

Took just over two hours. Got rid of half the clothes and 2/3 of the accessories, which we'll donate.

-------------
*Squirrel Nut Zippers, high volume.
No Step 1.5: Remove cats from clothes.
Step 2.5.1: Remove cats from clothes
Step 2.5.2:Remove cat hair from clothes?
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #974 on: April 13, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
No Step 1.5: Remove cats from clothes.
Step 2.5.1: Remove cats from clothes
Step 2.5.2:Remove cat hair from clothes?

Step 0: Close bedroom door.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.