News:

• April 19, 2018, 06:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534175 times)

wordgirl

• Just bead it
  • Pinterest is the new crack
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #975 on: April 13, 2015, 04:27:36 PM »

Step 0: Close bedroom door.
Step 0.5 Grit teeth while chorus of Cat!Outrage! drowns out the Squirrel Nut Zippers :D

And now my thing: My sister hasn't  had the time to cut my hair on my last three appointments (color is always the priority, so if we're out of time, it doesn't get cut.) So now if I tilt my head back just a wee bit, my hair is down to my waist.

My hair has NEVER been down to my waist. I am so loving this, even if it's temporary.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #976 on: April 13, 2015, 06:40:49 PM »
Stephen Hawking singing Monty Python's "Galaxy Song". ;D It's great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfcC6FYyL4U
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

Chip2

« Reply #977 on: April 14, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »
No Step 1.5: Remove cats from clothes.
Step 2.5.1: Remove cats from clothes
Step 2.5.2:Remove cat hair from clothes?

Step 0: Close bedroom door.

Step 3:  ???
Step 4:  Profit!

spookycatlady

« Reply #978 on: April 14, 2015, 12:22:47 PM »
I suspect that my Gentleman Friend's cat, Miss Icey thinks that I am a cat.  An inadequate cat, but a cat nonetheless.  I can't stop giggling when she tries to groom my head.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #979 on: April 15, 2015, 07:33:41 PM »
I suspect that my Gentleman Friend's cat, Miss Icey thinks that I am a cat.  An inadequate cat, but a cat nonetheless.  I can't stop giggling when she tries to groom my head.

How cute!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #980 on: April 16, 2015, 05:58:54 AM »

How cute!

That is quite the cat compliment.  They only do that to people they like.   ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #981 on: April 16, 2015, 07:13:29 AM »
My son was whistling "Raiders of the Lost Ark" theme yesterday. Made me proud to be a geek parent.

I found nice thank you notes that will work for graduation gifts and anything else. $0.37 each.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Thipu1

« Reply #982 on: April 16, 2015, 08:28:38 AM »
Mr. Thipu went to the pharmacy to pick up some toiletries.  When he came back, I was unpacking his bag and found a nice boxed, chocolate Easter bunny made by Russell Stover.  That's good chocolate.

Did he buy it! 

No.  They had a lot of the things left over and the people at the registers were giving everyone a little gift.   

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #983 on: April 18, 2015, 02:04:22 PM »
My cat decided I wasn't actually an evil duplicate.

Basically Stephen has poor eyesight, so when I went away and came back smelling different, he wasn't entirely sure it was me and reacted accordingly. Last night I woke up to find him examining my face minutely from a distance of two inches. Eventually he decided I might actually be mum and flumped over to give me a purr. Cut off my breathing by landing on my face but it was still cute...

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #984 on: April 18, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »
I got recognized in a Reddit thread for my contributions in a different subreddit.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

siamesecat2965

« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Being able to change my seat on an upcoming flight from window to aisle. I am a nervious, anxious flyer, and need to medicate to get on the plane. I also will really only sit in the middle of the plane, or closer to the front, but never the back. Flying on a regional jet, so one seat on one side, and two on the other. My choices when booking were a window in the middle, or asile, in the back. Choosing the lesser of two evils, i chose the middle window.

Today, when looking over my reservation, i did the "change my seat" and lo and behold, an aisle two rows up from where I initially was, opened up. Its now mine. I also prefer even number rows to odd. yes, i am weird and quirky like that. COming home is an odd row, but middle aisle, so I'm ok with that.

jpcher

« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »
Two edged sword here . . . this really made me giggle, but I'm so sad that I can't actually witness it in person! :'(

My Father, 80 yrs. old, plays trumpet in a community band. The band consists of teens all the way up to the elderly.

I was talking to my Mom today about the weekend where "everything is happening at once!" (I posted about this under the Entertaining and hospitality topic . . . DD#1's grad and bday, DD#2's 21st bday, plus Mother's day) and sadly, my mom told me that they will not be staying for the Saturday party.

Why? Because my father's band is giving a mother's day concert.

Mom: You really should come because they're playing a lot of that music from, you know . . . that band that you really liked when you were in HS? . . . What was it? Oh . . . Led Zeppelin? Is that right?

Me  :o! Choke!: MY Father? Playing Zeppelin?

Mom: Yes, and they're even playing that stairway song. They sound good!

Oh. My. that sent me into a really good giggle fit because back in the day my father would say "That's not music! How can you even listen to that stuff?"

Just picturing my father playing Stairway to Heaven, at 80, on his trumpet, with his band just sends me into all sorts of happy glee. I bet he'll rock! ;D

I wish I could go! :'( I asked my mom to tape it . . . waiting for the video.

dawnfire

« Reply #987 on: April 21, 2015, 05:24:30 AM »
I had the TV on in the background and wasn't paying attention to it. I finally sit down to look at it for a few minutes and realize it's one of my favorite Dr Who episode (reunion)
Whittlesea Victoria

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #988 on: April 21, 2015, 06:25:25 AM »
My kitchen smells like fresh bread.

turtleIScream

« Reply #989 on: April 24, 2015, 11:09:20 PM »
My 15 year old just got a Facebook account. One of her first posts was a photo of her making silly faces with her 5 year old brother. It makes this mom happy to see their positive sibling bond.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh