News:

• April 19, 2018, 12:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534375 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #990 on: April 25, 2015, 08:51:07 AM »
I made an awesome breakfast of hash (ham/potatoes/onion) and eggs and my sick DS ate his entire plate. He normally has a healthy appetite, but his sinus infection is making it hard to eat.

DH is doing all the projects I've been , um, requesting (not nagging) him to do. Replaced the engine air filter, the cabin pollen filter in the car, and installing the amplifier and subwoofers.  :D 8)
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

TootsNYC

« Reply #991 on: April 25, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
^^^ Hee! One of my best friend's dogs will come tearing out the front door and fling himself into the car when I arrive. I'm not taking him anywhere - I never have taken him anywhere - he just really really loves visitors oh oh oh HI Auntie Mel YAY good to see you PAT ME I LOVE YOU LET ME SIT IN YOUR LAP ;D

Isn't that lovely?

Folks down the block from me have a greyhound named Lindsey. She's got the best "pet me" skills I've ever seen; she stands right next to your leg, positioned so you can stroke from head to tail. And she leans, ever so slightly, so you know she likes it.
    I don't see her that often, but I've always thought she recognizes me. I found out that was true.

I went out the door several weeks ago and saw her way down the block. The moment the person between us moved and she could see me, she started -dancing- down the block at a run. Her owner gave up and ran behind her so that Lindsey could come and make a fuss over me and get into her "pet me" position.
   I felt so flattered.

There was a shy dog on my morning walk once, and I slowly got him to agree to let me pet him. and one morning I came out of the subway and saw him ahead of me. I said, "Hi, Hammie!" (Hamlet)  And he whipped around and ran to me, happy to see me.

I love having dog friends. Especially when, as in these cases, it's clearly *me*, and not just "random friendly human being."

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »
Today, I commented on some facebook photos posted by an actor I follow, and my comment is currently the most-liked comment in the list. This actor is very responsive to fans on Twitter, so I'm also crossing my fingers that he'll see my comment and respond, which would make me extra giddy!  ;D

Team HoundMom

« Reply #993 on: April 28, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »
I don't think it's a "silly" thing because it's actually pretty epic: I just registered for the Walt Disney World Dopey Challenge 2016.

ladyknight1

« Reply #994 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:22 PM »
I might volunteer for that one! ^^^

A surprise meeting with a friend for lunch and an encouraging message from my sister.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

TootsNYC

« Reply #995 on: April 28, 2015, 02:23:27 PM »
I just found out I got unexpected mail from my cousin in Idaho!

Team HoundMom

« Reply #996 on: April 28, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »
I might volunteer for that one! ^^^

If so, Thank You for volunteering!  It's volunteers that make races possible. 

andi

« Reply #997 on: April 28, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »
Singing "Sweet Caroline" with my son on the way to school

TootsNYC

« Reply #998 on: April 28, 2015, 06:51:55 PM »
I just found out I got unexpected mail from my cousin in Idaho!

And inside were photo albums my grandma had, with pics of us, and also letters from us that she'd kept. (Now I feel vaguely guilty that I didn't write to her that often.)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #999 on: April 29, 2015, 12:08:25 PM »
Saw a post from my cousin on Facebook today.

The courts have finalized their adoption and their son is now - officially and legally - theirs for ever and ever.
He has been a member of their family since he was 5 days old, and now the law matches their hearts.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #1000 on: April 30, 2015, 06:55:02 PM »
^^^^^
Oh, that is just lovely.

Ours: my DH has become interested in keeping honeybees, and has been learning about it, but we have absolutely no budget for new projects. He built a bait hive out of scrap lumber and waited.

The PE coach at our kids' school told us there is a small colony that just swarmed into a tree by the running track.  He's on his way up to collect it right now. The kids are leaping around the house screaming in excitement.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1001 on: April 30, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »
^^^^^
Oh, that is just lovely.

Ours: my DH has become interested in keeping honeybees, and has been learning about it, but we have absolutely no budget for new projects. He built a bait hive out of scrap lumber and waited.

The PE coach at our kids' school told us there is a small colony that just swarmed into a tree by the running track.  He's on his way up to collect it right now. The kids are leaping around the house screaming in excitement.

Soooo have you seen the Kickstarter for "FlowHive" yet?  If not....ummm don't show your husband.  If so, what do you think?

ladyknight1

« Reply #1002 on: May 01, 2015, 07:12:57 AM »
The frozen stuffed chicken breasts are buy one get one free at Publix. I love the Cordon Bleu variety.
-J.R.R Tolkien

ladyknight1

« Reply #1003 on: May 02, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
I ordered gemstone and silver jewelry for myself and for my mom for Mother's Day. (I know, I order for myself so I don't end up with some giant stuffed animal)

Mine are in garnet (my birthstone) and my mother's is in amethyst (she likes purple). I was a little concerned from some negative reviews, but they are very nice pieces.

I got a lot done today, and the roast in the oven makes the whole house smell good. It is very nice weather, DH is working on my subwoofer box, and I'm wrapping up a class today/tomorrow and have one more final Tuesday.

I decorated my mortarboard.

I found the Lego figures for my son's Smaug birthday cake.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #1004 on: May 02, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »
I found my Imperial Officer's cap in time for May the Fourth.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas