News:

• April 20, 2018, 07:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 535217 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1065 on: June 03, 2015, 01:43:36 AM »
I've been noticing lately that I have a ton more energy, and I'm really a lot more cheerful than usual. I'm also doing things that are usually way out of my comfort zone and never even batting an eyelash at it. Today, I think I figured out why - the medication I'm on for the pain in my hands (well, all over, but mostly the hands) is also used to treat anxiety. I knew this, but it totally slipped my mind.

I'm not going to complain! :)

Yay! A medical two-for-the-price-of-one! ;D

I got that when I was being treated for chronic migraines - one medication they tried didn't help the migraines, but it was a mild anti-depressant, and boy did it help.  :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1066 on: June 03, 2015, 10:37:41 AM »
Two things: I tried out my company's alternate vision insurance, and wow did it save me a lot! I have very poor vision, and my prescription is a bit complicated, so my glasses usually cost close to 1K, frame included, but its mostly lenses. Because its a bit tricky, I'm not comfortable going somewhere cheap or doing it online.

New pair: total cost to me was $500, and I had more than that in my flex spending, so nothing out of pocket for me!

Second one: after a week of vacation (visiting mom) and not really following my WW plan, i weighed in, and stayed the same!! i figured I had gained, but nope, i am the same.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1067 on: June 03, 2015, 04:23:06 PM »
I've been noticing lately that I have a ton more energy, and I'm really a lot more cheerful than usual. I'm also doing things that are usually way out of my comfort zone and never even batting an eyelash at it. Today, I think I figured out why - the medication I'm on for the pain in my hands (well, all over, but mostly the hands) is also used to treat anxiety. I knew this, but it totally slipped my mind.

I'm not going to complain! :)

Yay! A medical two-for-the-price-of-one! ;D

I got that when I was being treated for chronic migraines - one medication they tried didn't help the migraines, but it was a mild anti-depressant, and boy did it help.  :P

I've had twofers before - including the one that got me up from 79 pounds to over 100. It wasn't actually meant to help me gain weight, it was supposed to make me sleep better, but it turned out to also be one eHell of an appetite stimulant... ;D Never did work on the sleep thing, but I did keep taking it till I reached a reasonable weight!

I used some of that excess energy to pull weeds today. I've officially dealt successfully with poison ivy. ;D
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

jpcher

« Reply #1068 on: June 03, 2015, 07:17:56 PM »
A cute news-byte (small story) that got me giggling.

A mom, while her kids were growing up, was irritated by the answer to her question "What do you want for dinner?" always coming up as "I don't know."

Yes. Been there, done that. It is a somewhat irritating answer.  ::)

Years later she decided to open her own restaurant. She asked her kids/DH "What should I name my restaurant?" Their response was "I don't know."

Guess what the name of her restaurant is. 8)

;D

Phoebelion

« Reply #1069 on: June 04, 2015, 05:20:14 AM »
I called in yesterday and took the day off work for no reason.  Not sick, no taking the car in for service.  Just for no reason.  I was honest when I called in and manager/boss were totally OK with it.  We are urber slow this time of year.

Why does it feel so good to play "hooky"?  It a real attitude adjustment for me. 

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1070 on: June 04, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »
I called in yesterday and took the day off work for no reason.  Not sick, no taking the car in for service.  Just for no reason.  I was honest when I called in and manager/boss were totally OK with it.  We are urber slow this time of year.

Why does it feel so good to play "hooky"?  It a real attitude adjustment for me.

I've done that as well. I usually try and give a couple days notice though, but its never an issue as I won't do it if I know we have something going on. But its nice!  I'm a little disappointed as I have a week in July off, a planned staycation, but now had to add to it, for a very necessesary road trip with my mom. But I have to drive to her, back, back down to her place, and home again. Sigh. I don't mind as I will still get 4-5 days off, but I really was looking forward to that whole week!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1071 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:13 AM »
My DH has a lot of annual leave saved up and will take a day here and there when they aren't busy.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

missanpan

« Reply #1072 on: June 04, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »
Finally getting my hands on Pioneer Girl from the public library.

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAKToZNz2gk

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
« Reply #1073 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:19 PM »
As a birthday present, my grandmother sent me a photo album filled with pictures of the times we visited with each other, both at her home in FL, and when she visited my home in CO one year.  Many of these pictures don't exist anywhere else, as my parents have lost many photos to water damage.  Flipping through the pages brought back so many memories!  It really made me so happy to take that trip down memory lane!

Benni

« Reply #1074 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
I am trying to increase my daily walking to at least 8 miles a day with a 17 minute mile.  I am getting there!  I am at 5 to 7 miles a day average at 18 minutes a mile.  For someone with asthma and arthritis in my hips, I think I am doing fantastic.  Now if only all that exercise would help me lose weight.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1075 on: June 05, 2015, 05:35:20 PM »
This video of Postmodern Jukebox performing "Bad Romance" in a 1920s style, with a tap dancer of jaw-dropping skill.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

dawnfire

« Reply #1076 on: June 05, 2015, 09:10:22 PM »
I found the local bakery is selling the latest doughnut craze, the doughnutella. (It's a doughnut that's filled with nuttella).  I ended up buying 3 and am saving them until tonight when they boys go to bed, wheni can really enjoy them.

Here's a bit of a background on them.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/north/backstreet-bakery-set-to-expand-on-success-of-the-donutella-doughnut/story-fnglenug-1227382870489
Whittlesea Victoria

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1077 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
This video of Postmodern Jukebox performing "Bad Romance" in a 1920s style, with a tap dancer of jaw-dropping skill.

I saw that too. Isn't she amazing? Not every one of PMJ's covers is my cup of tea, but that one is really great.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1078 on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:46 PM »
My DS had a good time with his parents today. That makes me very happy!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

magicdomino

« Reply #1079 on: June 06, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »
There are baby wrens chirping in the birdhouse.   :D