News:

• April 19, 2018, 12:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534370 times)

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1110 on: June 25, 2015, 07:36:38 PM »
I found a copy of Winifred Aldrich's 'Metric pattern cutting for men' for only £2 in a second hand bookshop today!  :D

I'm just starting to draft my own patterns and really wanted this book to make my son some stuff!

<happy dance!>
I looked it up at Amazon dot com, average price for a fairly new copy starts at about $35 U.S.

Hmmmmm

« Reply #1111 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:08 PM »
Watching my DD "helping" her little brother register for his college courses.....

She might be turning into a helicopter sibling. We'll have to watch that.

Team HoundMom

« Reply #1112 on: June 26, 2015, 08:53:10 AM »
I just found out that runDisney has a "Castle-to-Chateau" challenge.  Run a half-marathon in the US and the one at Disneyland Paris and you get a third medal.  I'm looking at 2017 for that one.  Oh yes. 

ddawn23

« Reply #1113 on: June 26, 2015, 06:13:57 PM »
At my nephew's birthday party (just turned 2) the present I got him was so awesome he actually got distracted opening subsequent presents because he kept trying to play with mine. Aunt Dawn for the win!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1114 on: June 26, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
DS singing with the music in the car.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #1115 on: June 26, 2015, 07:09:45 PM »
Baby Delphinium has mostly figured out rolling back to front on her left shoulder. Now to just figure out using the right shoulder, and rolling front to back!
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Bandu

« Reply #1116 on: June 28, 2015, 04:44:16 AM »
Cottontail rabbits. They're all around the house this year, grown ones and babies. Makes me so happy!

Wintergreen

« Reply #1117 on: July 02, 2015, 03:38:37 AM »
My balcony! We moved last year, during spring and the summer that year, our balkony was mainly filled with cardboard boxes and clothesbags and so on, even if I had few chairs and small table set up there. But during this spring and summer I cleaned it and we bought some new furnitures. And I have some plants there (hanging from the roof to be safe from our Plant Eating Cat) I absolutely love Rhodochiton atrosanguineus, I wonder if it has other name than that in english? We call it "pixie's dress". All is just really pretty and fresh looking now, in green colors! I can read there, it's on the south side so it gets nice sun. And the trees in the backyard of our aparment building blocks the other buildings from sight. It's glassed in balcony, so wind and rain do not matter. In fact, it's quite relaxing to read there when it's raining!

And, my wax beans are growing in (really) small greenhouse. I only had to plant them once :D Few years back I did not have that greenhouse so I had to replant them 3 times because Plant Eating Cat feasted on them as soon as they sprouted, no matter what I tried. But now they are safe and currently flowering. I'm wating for first beans because they are really tasty.

GreenHall

« Reply #1118 on: July 02, 2015, 08:34:50 AM »
My balcony! We moved last year, during spring and the summer that year, our balkony was mainly filled with cardboard boxes and clothesbags and so on, even if I had few chairs and small table set up there. But during this spring and summer I cleaned it and we bought some new furnitures. And I have some plants there (hanging from the roof to be safe from our Plant Eating Cat) I absolutely love Rhodochiton atrosanguineus, I wonder if it has other name than that in english? We call it "pixie's dress". All is just really pretty and fresh looking now, in green colors! I can read there, it's on the south side so it gets nice sun. And the trees in the backyard of our aparment building blocks the other buildings from sight. It's glassed in balcony, so wind and rain do not matter. In fact, it's quite relaxing to read there when it's raining!

And, my wax beans are growing in (really) small greenhouse. I only had to plant them once :D Few years back I did not have that greenhouse so I had to replant them 3 times because Plant Eating Cat feasted on them as soon as they sprouted, no matter what I tried. But now they are safe and currently flowering. I'm wating for first beans because they are really tasty.
I don't really know plants by their offical names, so I googled to see if I knew it.  I didn't.  Also, Wikipedia, that is more off-color than I was expecting...

Wintergreen

« Reply #1119 on: July 02, 2015, 08:53:20 AM »

I don't really know plants by their offical names, so I googled to see if I knew it.  I didn't.  Also, Wikipedia, that is more off-color than I was expecting...
Oh my. I hope I get that name off my head :( Missed that part altogether as I tried to google it and originally did end up in wikipedia. Read only the first chapters and thought that okay, they are not mentioning any other names here so maybe they just use the official name. But apparently not.

But it's very nice and decorative plant in my opinion. Works well from hanging basket even if it's vine. And I have not yet managed to kill it even if I have a brown thumb.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1120 on: July 02, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
It's common name is purple bell vine or purple bellerine.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

BeagleMommy

« Reply #1121 on: July 02, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
DH and I went to Gettysburg last week and took The Beagle with us.  While we were walking on one of the battlefield trails he encountered a turtle.  As he sniffed it, it moved.  For about five minutes he kept circling and sniffing and backing up away from it then moving closer.  If he could have had a human expression it would have been this  :o.

I could only imagine him thinking "what the heck is this thing?!"

It gave us a serious chuckle for the rest of the afternoon.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1122 on: July 02, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »
DH and I went to Gettysburg last week and took The Beagle with us.  While we were walking on one of the battlefield trails he encountered a turtle.  As he sniffed it, it moved.  For about five minutes he kept circling and sniffing and backing up away from it then moving closer.  If he could have had a human expression it would have been this  :o.

I could only imagine him thinking "what the heck is this thing?!"

It gave us a serious chuckle for the rest of the afternoon.

soooo what was the tick count afterwards???

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #1123 on: July 02, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »
She was sleeping like this:

Insert tab A into slot B...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1124 on: July 02, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »
I finally investigated the unused section of my attic - was a bit leery of what I might find in there.

I found space. Yonks of it. I can store things!
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."