News:

• April 24, 2018, 10:44:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 538058 times)

magicdomino

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1155 on: July 14, 2015, 10:50:21 AM »
Octavia is learning to catch treats in her front paws.  Most of the time, she accidently knocks the treat away, and has to chase it, but that's okay.  Chasing treats is fun too.   :)

This morning, Octavia caught two treats in her mouth.  She gets extra treats just for being so cute.   :D

spookycatlady

« Reply #1156 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
I've been sick with a cold since last Thursday.  Jetpack Johnson has been napping with me and when he wants to check to see if I'm okay, he very gently boops my nose.  And if I try to talk to him, he puts his paw on my mouth to shush me (which is gross because, ew, cat feet, but still so cute).

His brother Clyde 2, Electric Boogaloo has been reaching up to facilitate getting picked up.  This is after patting my bottom to get my attention. 

I am dying from the cute.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1157 on: July 14, 2015, 12:12:40 PM »
I'm currently helping look after a rambunctious 5 month old puppy, along with his parents and uncle.  When it comes to treat time, it was pretty hard to give everyone their treats and not have the puppy trying to snag his first, complete with teeth!

I got so fed up a week or so ago that I picked him up by his harness and held him in the air while everyone else got their treat.  When he stopped struggling, I set him down, forced him to sit and then gave him his treat.  Now?  I can tell him 'Sit! Calm!' and he'll sit and wait patiently for me to give it to him.  No teeth, too!

I'm pretty impressed with myself.   ;D  And even more impressed with him.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1159 on: July 14, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »
A colleague dropped off a congratulations card for my graduation (from May) with money in it! I nearly cried.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Reika

« Reply #1160 on: July 14, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »
I submitted a short story to an anthology contest being run by a small group I'm in. Not only did my story get accepted to be published, I won first place!

Miss Understood

« Reply #1161 on: July 14, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
I submitted a short story to an anthology contest being run by a small group I'm in. Not only did my story get accepted to be published, I won first place!

Awesome!  Congrats!

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1162 on: July 15, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
Saw a CW today who I don't see all that often. First, she complimented me on my new dress, then said, and I quote "did you get really skinny? you look wonderful!" Made my day! I told her I'm still a work in progress but thank you!

gmatoy

« Reply #1163 on: July 15, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »
Finally got my sewing machine out and set up and started sewing. over 40 Barbie dresses in 2 days! ;D
Sounds like you won't be the only happy one about making the Barbie dresses.  I bet there will be some mighty happy little girls and Barbies, as well.

I pray that there will! This is part of my annual sew-a-thon!

I hope it is not against the rules to reply to an old post even though it's still an active thread - anyway I love that you do this GMatoy!  My Aunt Trudy (not a blood relation but a dear family friend and my grandmother figure) used to make me Barbie outfits and I loved them more than the store-bought ones. 
(With the exception of the blue/silver sparkly number complete with boa that my Aunt Jeanne got me for no reason except that I had a concussion - that was pretty cool.)

So glad that you posted! After several years of doing over 500 for donating each Christmas, I may take a year off. I work full time and it is getting to be more than I can handle! But, maybe 300 will be doable!

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1164 on: July 15, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
This year is my 15th service anniversary at work. A friend is on her 5th and was perusing the gifts, and showed me the ones for mine. Usually there isn't much at all I want, but this time there are not one, but two cameras, and I was just thinking I wanted a newer one! But even though mine's 10 years old, it works fine. So now I don't have to try and justify spending money on something I don't need!

turtleIScream

« Reply #1165 on: July 15, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »
I had an idea for a story, and started writing today. I have a lot of unfinished stories on my computer, but for the first time, I can really see and hear my characters interact. I am really excited about seeing them develop!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

scansons

« Reply #1166 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
Husband bought me Swedish Fish today.  Ridiculously happy. 

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1167 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:54 AM »
We have tickets to see Pippin tonight.

I've sometimes been let down by touring companies of big Broadway shows (King Arthur who wasn't Tim Curry, I'm looking at you...). But I've seen clips of the touring company, and it looks like it's going to be great!
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #1168 on: July 16, 2015, 01:14:50 PM »
We have tickets to see Pippin tonight.

Magic to Do!

I'm happy that my "Magic Words" post was pinned by Wordgeek and that several people have benefited from the concepts. I love helping people!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Zerbinetta

« Reply #1169 on: July 16, 2015, 11:46:22 PM »
I am temporarily living with a family member, and most of my stuff is in storage. I needed a couple of music scores that were at the storage unit, so I went there today to pick them up.

I've also been lamenting the fact that I packed a couple of hiking guides in one of the stored boxes instead of keeping them with me. I was pretty sure that they were in one of the boxes that the movers put in first, behind all my furniture and my snow tires, meaning it would be more trouble than it was worth to dig them out.

When I walked into the unit today, I looked at the stack of boxes on my left (where I'd left the boxes of music, since I knew those would be the things I'd most likely need to get to). And what was looking back at me, through the clear plastic box, at eye level? In the single most easily accessible box in the place? The hiking guides I wanted! Not only that, but when I opened the box, there on top was one of the scores - and the other was just a little way down in the stack. I hadn't remembered putting any of that stuff in that box, nor putting that box on top of the stack.

For once, the universe was looking out for me today.