News:

• April 19, 2018, 01:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534405 times)

siamesecat2965

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1170 on: July 20, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »
My electric bill. I do the monthly payment plan based on usage, as its easier for my math-challenged mind if i pay one set amount, every month. I also hate heat, and run both my a/c's 24/7, but turn them way down when i'm at work, or gone for a long period of time, and off, when away.

I've noticed the last couple months, my monthly charge was way down. But still never really checked my bill. Today i did, and a couple of months ago, it went from $55 to $35 a month. What's nice is it adjusts in Oct, so if i happen to bump my bill up, i can see, and pay extra so i'm not hit with a major charge all at once.

Although its been going down steadily. So I'm either becoming more like my father, and turning off lights i don't need more often, or something else. Either way, i like it!

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #1171 on: July 20, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »
I don't remember where I saw it it, but it was a satirical  list of the most popular baby names of the year that went something along the lines of:

Emma
Sophia
Isabel
Emily ft. Pitbull

andi

« Reply #1172 on: July 20, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
We found the cutting boards!! (yes, we're still unpacking)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »
I'm going to a Ceilidh Saturday night!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1174 on: July 23, 2015, 02:30:03 PM »
An email I just got from Amazon, saying due to new settlements re: the purchase and cost of e-books, i have another $12 and change credit on my account. Add to that, the couple of dollars I have for opting for no rush Prime shipping, I may have enough to buy one of the full-price books I have on my wishlist!

ladyknight1

« Reply #1175 on: July 23, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »
An email I just got from Amazon, saying due to new settlements re: the purchase and cost of e-books, i have another $12 and change credit on my account. Add to that, the couple of dollars I have for opting for no rush Prime shipping, I may have enough to buy one of the full-price books I have on my wishlist!

I only got $2.44, but I am still happy!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Bijou

« Reply #1176 on: July 23, 2015, 11:54:38 PM »
I was smiling today when I went to the shoe store to pick up shoes I had ordered.  The young woman who waited on me looked to be maybe 18.  She was wearing levi jeans and had the cuffs rolled up to about mid calf.  Whoa!  That's how we wore ours in the 1950's in high school.  I told her I liked her cuffs and she said the pants were too long so she rolled them up.  I told her that we did that in the 50's in high school.  I wonder if she ran to the back room and rolled them down, not wanting to identify with a 1950's teenaged girl.  I also told her that we would remove the belt loops and roll down the waist band 1 roll.  She asked why we did that and I told her, 'because everyone else did!"
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #1177 on: July 25, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
Baby Delphinium laughs when I sing Monty Python songs.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

andi

« Reply #1178 on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
The recycling dumpster was almost empty this morning so we were able to get rid of this past week's unpacked boxes without going to the dump!  (And there was still room, we didn't fill it)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1179 on: July 25, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »
It's silly, really silly, but I topped 1,000,000 points in a couple of Criminal Case scenes recently.  It made me ridiculously happy.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

« Reply #1180 on: July 26, 2015, 05:46:30 PM »
Planning my anniversary weekend for October. Going to Tampa, to Bern's steakhouse and staying at a hotel overnight.
-J.R.R Tolkien

pattycake

« Reply #1181 on: July 26, 2015, 08:34:37 PM »
I saw a badger crossing the road; then a few miles further on, some sort of duck-like bird crossing the road with her babies! Good thing I am quick on the brakes! Then, a hawk type bird swooped down in front of the car. Earlier in the morning, I saw a mule deer watching from the ditch  (thankfully it stayed in the ditch). Not to mention what I call the kamikaze birds (the little grey ones that swoop crazily all over the place.) All in all, a very good animal watching day!

eta: oh yeah, and the other weird bird I saw walk off the road - no idea what it was. Thought it was a goose at first, then realized the body was smaller and it was not a goose at all. It wasn't terribly concerned as it made no effort to fly, though it did disappear into the tall grass!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:29:48 PM by pattycake »

rose red

« Reply #1182 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
I was in a library break/study room. All of a sudden, I heard knocking on the window. I looked over and saw a little boy grinning and waiving at me. It was such a cute moment.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1183 on: July 26, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »
I saw a hawk grab a snake as I was driving to Wegmans.  There was another hawk tailing along, not sure if it was competition or just helping out. 

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1184 on: July 26, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »
Bottle-feeding a three day old baby goat.  She is just the cutest little thing, I've definitely overdrawn on my 'squeeee!' quota.  Adding to the cute factor are the three little dogs who are trying to parent the little kid.

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)